Coronation Street

Di

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having now seen the new opening titles...they're weird.The pictures feel like the traditional images shot in a showy, "modern" style with overexposed and out of focus shots.The typeface for the title and the music feel completely retro, like they've been beamed in from 1970.It's all a bit jarring really but I'm sure I'll get used to it shortly.

On the episode, Gail's barrister seems to be doing a pretty good job and asked the right questions to bring Tracy and Tina's evidence into doubt.Gail herself, along with Nick and Audrey, didn't really help the case with the attitude.Is Deirdre really that deluded?Other storyline hasn't really come to the boil yet.

On the question of who's going to die...I think Tony will almost certainly be one of them.If the other one's Robbie, that'd be a bit of a cheat.I don't think it'll be Roy or Hayley, wouldn't be surprised if it was Trev or Gary who aren't really that important.I'm kind of leaning towards Carla, because spoilers for the next week suggests Nick's looking after the remains of the factory on his own, then again she might kill Tony and get arrested.If it's someone that's been there over 10 years, I'm wondering if it might be Maria who's been there about that long.(Yes, really.)Hoping it's not Ashley because that would really disappoint me.

(And people do realise Corrie's on a commercial channel, so it's funded by advertisers rather than the licence fee, right?)

I haven't been watching every episode of Corrie but I have to admit it's been good having Tracey back. I actually quite like the lying, deception etc. And I love the way whenever things are going her way she puts on the evil self-satisfied smug expression.

I found it quite funny when after Dev found out Tony had escaped and realised the first place he would go was his house. I also liked Sunita's reaction at the realisation that she let a killer into her place (who was in fact playing with her kids).

I'm not sure if the rumours are true but if

someone is really supposed to die this week the person I would choose is Carla. I can't stand the woman!

But I don't think so.

Jack Shepherd has reportedly been thrown out by his long-term partner amid allegations that he got another woman pregnant on a one-night stand.

The Coronation Street star told Sammy Milewski, 25, that he was single when they met in a Barnsley nightclub and the pair went on to spend the night together.

However, when the Rotherham promotions girl discovered she was pregnant Shepherd turned his back on her and said the baby would "ruin his life", the News Of The World claims.

Lauren Shippey - Shepherd's parter of 8 years and the mother of his 1-year-old daughter Nyla - told him to pack his bags as soon as he confessed to the infidelity.

The 22-year-old, who plays David Platt on the ITV1 soap, came clean after Corrie bosses warned him that the story was going to break. A spokeswoman said it was a "personal situation which Jack is dealing with".

I think this is sooo shocking!!

I never in a million years thought he would do this after hes said so many times how happy he is with his girlfriend and their child. I guess hes just another to add to the long list of celeb cheats.

Let me correct you - long list of celeb cheats. Celebs aren't the only ones that cheat. They're just the only ones we hear about.

I don't watch the show but have done in the past, or tried to over the internet anyway.. but I have to say those titles are really well produced, I'd like to see them in HD. After seeing those I started watching some of the older titles and these new ones have definitely got a nice sense of 'tradition' to them, espeically the end shot with the sun setting over the old chimney pots and that ginger cat who seems to be in every set of titles going back to the 70's..or maybe before?

I also like the new theme tune, its obviously been re-recorded especially for the new titles as its very crisp. What I like about Coronation Street is that they seem to be very aware of the shows history and 50 years old!! Wow, is that the oldest soap around?

Not sure where I read this but a few years ago someone lent me a book called "50 years of Coronation Street" so it might have been there. :unsure: Anyway, I remember reading that when they were doing the very first opening theme for Corrie a cat happened to be sitting on the wall so they panned in on it with the camera. Don't know if it's the same cat from then that they still show nowadays or if it's a different one.

I think it's safe to say that it is a different cat. Cats don't usually live forty plus years :wink:.

No episode of Coronation Street tonight! ITV have pulled it out of respect for the people who have died in Cumbria this afternoon!

This evening's episode of Coronation Street has been pulled from the schedules out of respect for those who died during today's shooting tragedy in Cumbria.

All this week, Corrie has dominated the 9pm slot on ITV1 with its siege storyline, featuring Tony Gordon's escape from prison.

However, owing to today's tragedy, in which a gunman shot 12 people dead and injured 25, the commercial broadcaster has decided to shelve tonight's instalment.

The channel will instead air Harry Hill's The Best of TV Burp.

An ITV spokesperson this evening confirmed: "ITV has postponed tonight's episode of Coronation Street out of respect to those affected by today's tragedy. Coronation Street will be replaced by a compilation episode of TV Burp."

Speaking of the remaining siege episodes still to air, they added: "We will continue to review the situation and will announce plans in due course."

^ From Digital Spy

ITV postpones Corrie for second day

Coronation Street will once again be pulled from this evening's schedules in the wake of Cumbria's shooting tragedy.

Late yesterday evening, the commercial broadcaster decided not to broadcast the Manchester soap's fourth episode of Siege Week out of respect for those who were killed during yesterday's incident.

The 9pm slot - sandwiched between the Britain's Got Talent performance and results shows - will again be filled by Harry Hill's The Best of TV Burp.

It has not yet been confirmed when the outstanding episodes of Coronation Street will be broadcast.

^ from Digital Spy

^ Yes, totally I agree. ITV made the right thing in pulling it for the past two night, because what sadly happened in Cumbria, I have total respect for ITV for doing that.

They announced before the news this morning that it will be back on tonight at 9.00 in between BGT, Wednesday's episode will be aired tonight.

'Coronation Street' pulled for third day'

ITV soap Coronation Street has been postponed for a third consecutive day, it has been announced.

The commercial broadcaster's decision to pull the soap's Siege Week episodes from its schedules comes as the Cumbrian shooting massacre continues to dominate headlines.

On Wednesday, ITV shelved Corrie's fourth episode of the week, which would have seen convicted murderer Tony Gordon continue with his plans to exact revenge on those responsible for his downfall.

Harry Hill's The Best of TV Burp will once again be sandwiched between Britain's Got Talent's live performance and results shows.

Meanwhile, Sunday's omnibus has been replaced by the 1960s film adaptation of Pollyanna.

Yesterday, ITV took the decision to postpone transmission for a second day

Kris Green has just confirmed this on Digital Spy

Edited by ~Zoe~

ITV confirms rescheduled Corrie eps

ITV this afternoon announced its schedules for the remaining episodes of Coronation Steet's Siege Week.

The shelved fourth episode of the week - which should have aired on Wednesday evening - will now transmit on Monday (June 7) evening at 7.30pm. Yesterday's episode, meanwhile, will air the same night at 8.30pm.

The climax to SIege Week - which was meant to air this evening - will be broadcast on Wednesday (June 9) as part of an hour-long screening, which will take in the episode which was due to air at 7.30pm on Monday evening.

Monday's second episode - due to air at 8.30pm - is now shunted to Thursday (June 10) and will be attached to that evening's scheduled episode in another 60-minute screening from 8pm.

Coronation Street schedules then return to normal from Friday, June 11.

An ITV spokesperson said: "We apologise to ITV1 viewers for the interruption to this week's Coronation Street scheduling but, against the backdrop of Wednesday’s tragic events in Cumbria, it would have been inappropriate to broadcast these episodes this week."

Following two days of postponement, ITV this afternoon confirmed that Corrie would not be shown for a third consecutive day of the week out of respect for the 12 people who were shot dead at the hands of taxi driver Derrick Bird.

Sunday's omnibus, meanwhile, has been replaced by the 1960s film adaptation of Pollyanna.

On Wednesday, ITV pulled its fourth instalment of the week and yesterday, the commercial broadcaster once again chose not to broadcast either instalment.

The Manchester serial's postponed episodes - which should have aired each evening in the 9pm slot either side of Britain's Got Talent's performance and results shows - were replaced by screenings of Harry Hill's The Best of TV Burp.

The storyline at the centre of the soap's special week of six, 9pm episodes sees convicted murderer Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien) escape from prison and return to Weatherfield with the help of his henchman Robbie Sloan (James Fleet).

Once back on the Street, Tony holds Carla (Alison King) and Hayley (Julie Hesmondhalgh) hostage at gunpoint, before setting the factory ablaze.

Scoure - Kris Green on Digital Spy :)

Edited by ~Zoe~