Coronation Street

Di

Saw the titles earlier and whilst I don't watch the show, I do have to say I really like them. Love the dark titlecard, though the transition into the show could be a bit jarring if its a bright scene. Good to see that the traditional back-alley cat has survived the move!

Seem to have gone a tad more retro with the theme too :wink:

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't watch the show but have done in the past, or tried to over the internet anyway.. but I have to say those titles are really well produced, I'd like to see them in HD. After seeing those I started watching some of the older titles and these new ones have definitely got a nice sense of 'tradition' to them, espeically the end shot with the sun setting over the old chimney pots and that ginger cat who seems to be in every set of titles going back to the 70's..or maybe before?

I also like the new theme tune, its obviously been re-recorded especially for the new titles as its very crisp. What I like about Coronation Street is that they seem to be very aware of the shows history and 50 years old!! Wow, is that the oldest soap around?

^Kind of.After extensive research(I looked at a couple of pages on Wikipedia), I've discovered that Coronation Street is Britain's longest-running television soap opera(I'm not sure if anyone knows what the record was beforehand).British radio soap The Archers has been running for 55 years, American radio soap turned television soap Guiding Light(no, I haven't heard of it either)ran for 72 years before being cancelled, American television soap As the World Turns has been running 54 years and is due to finish in September, at which point Coronation Street will be the longest-running television soap in current production.

Phew!

And how do you follow that Thanks Red Ranger for the stasticis any way geting back to corrie what about tonight when it all kickes off shush ,

So looks as though Tina is going to stick the knife in for Gail between her and Tracey is it bye bye Gail?

I see Graham and Taina geting together they will make a lovley couple hes really looked after her and got her back to her old self .

I was just about to say that I can see Graham and Tina getting together. Graham is such a sweetie, Rosie is really going to regret not giving him another chance.

Gail is going to end up in even more trouble if it comes out that the paid witness was lying. Not to mention the trouble Nick and David are going to get into.

Although Graeme and Tina would be worth it just for the look on David's face, I'd actually rather see Graeme with Rosie, they've got much greater comic potential.

You've got to love this show.On the verge of a big double we're-on-five-night-this-week-but-that-might-be-'cos-Britain's-Got-Talent-stole-our-slot storyline, they still have every other line as a joke. "Buzz Lightyear."Hayley crying on Carla's shoulder.Lloyd changing his shirt.Deirdre babbling on about her jobs."Cancel the bath!""You can buy her a new frock."/"She's dead, Tony."

Liked the little scene between Lloyd and Cheryl, it showed a lot of maturity.Tony has the most ineffectual henchman in history.Was the guy in there for parking fines or something?