Coronation Street

Di

Nice to see Ashley and Claire getting on better.Hopefully this is setting them up for a happy ending, rather than setting us up to have our hearts torn out when it ends badly..I remember around the time they got married someone pointed out that characters who come in kind and sweet tend to end up as hard-faced cows.Claire's still basically nice but she's certainly become a lot more domineering.

Nick and Leanne?What are you playing at, girl?!He's even more of a selfish, arrogant jerk than he was when they were married.And he doesn't even look like Adam Rickitts anymore.

Cracks are definitely showing between Molly and Tyrone as he demonstrates why she cheated on him: He's a nice enough bloke but still essentially a big kid, going into a sulk and demanding another baby. And Kevin's being less of a twerp than he has been most of the year so suddenly he's a lot more attractive...What was with Rosie in Friday's first episode, was she drunk?I know she's usually flakey but that was turned up to eleven.

Not sure about the Sophie/Sian/Emily thing, I'm hoping this isn't the end of it.I'm glad we got some sort of follow-up on Friday, which I wasn't sure we were going to, because it did seem like she only dismissed them because she was tired and felt bad afterwards.But it still feels rather up in the air.

Nice to have Jim back.Finally, someone who stands up to Owen.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick and Leanne?What are you playing at, girl?!He's even more of a selfish, arrogant jerk than he was when they were married.And he doesn't even look like Adam Rickitts anymore.

Oh my gosh! I am actually loving this storyline! It's keeping me on the edge of my seat. It's like, everytime they get close, I yell at the screen because what with Leanne being engaged, but then I want her & Nick to be together. But it's a nice storyline to toy with, especially what with Peter & Carla at the moment.

Charlotte really is completely off her rocker.Which leads me to strongly suspect she's not long for this world.But maybe that's what they want us to think and they'll surprise us.

Not sure what Owen's up to with Chesney and Katy.Reverse psychology?Is he hoping that the reality of living together, sort of, will bring them down to earth with a bump and they'll decide they're not so keen on each other after all?

Molly and Pam are kidding themselves if they think Molly having another baby will solve everything. Graeme was brilliant, as usual:Loved that shy wave he gave David in the pub and that bit of him with Ashley and Claire when he's trying to decide whether he's happy they're going or not.Regarding the girls' philosophical debate, I think Jason would actually be a decent dad, he was always pretty good with Bethany.

• 2 weeks later...

Todays' episode just had me on the edge of my seat!

Nick?! What the bloomin' hell! As much as I love the guy, he was prepared to tell Peter the truth! Although saying that, Peter does deserve to know rather than marry Leanne & not know what he's getting into.

I loved the hen's party & the stag do. It was just utterly brilliant, fantastic. It really worked well & in the lead up to the tram crash, it worked amazingly! The music playing & then the quick change of scenary from one party to another. & then of course to John & Charlotte.

Charlotte really did need to get it into her head that John was never going to be with her & didn't love her for goodness sakes. & now look where it's got her! I was kind of expecting that to happen so that wasn't unpredictable to be completely honest.

Yes, assuming she is actually dead, John killing Charlotte was pretty obvious from the spoilers. Interesting that so far his character's descent seems to be following that of Richard Hillman:First not really kill someone but definitely handle their death in a selfish manner, then kill some woman we hardly know and don't like.He'll be battering neighbours to death to keep them quiet next...

It seemed to keep changing but I think we've been told

three more people are going to die

.I noticed Chris lying prone in the wreckage, didn't think about him getting it but it would make sense seeing as how he's a recognisable character but not a particularly major or well-liked one.I think Molly's almost certain to get it, especially given all the reports from next week.Although I really don't want him to, sadly I think Ashley's going to die, every time he and Claire opened their mouths I was like "Oh god, they're setting it up with dramatic irony, aren't they?!"I did briefly wonder if they might kill Peter or Nick, that'd really shock everyone...

Wow! I am so glad I've stuck with watching this show over the past couple of months becuase its become rather addictive and tonights episodes, incredibly produced, in fact elements of it seemed like something out of Harry Potter such as that first shot when the camera pans up and we see the street and how it is situated in amongst rows of houses and you see the city in the distance. But that tram crashing down was horrific, I dont know how popular she is in the UK and I didnt see any of the affair she had with Kevin but I like both her and Tyrone, so that breakup has been really sad to watch.

The thing I enjoy about the show is that it is very 'real' and human, humorous and dramatic. I've only been watching now for about 2/3 months and already I care about what happens to them with this huge event that's just happened. I felt sorry for Rita in her shop and it would have been terrifying to see a tram coming at you the way Molly did! Looking forward to what happens next...

I loved the promo at the end of the first ep - very unCorrie!! I thought the second ep was brilliant right up until the crash scene itself where I felt let down by the actual crash. It was just all too fake and didnt seem at all convincing, especially when the second carriage hung up over the Kabin. I hope the baby is OK that's all I could think about! In Ireland TV3 ruined the end of the second episdoe with a promo for The Apprentice, I thought silent credits or another Corrie promo would have been mroe fitting.

Has anyone seen this? It's an ITV news flash of the crash.

Edited by ter06

I actually thought the tram crash was really well done, on a narrative level at least, I was so caught up in the drama I didn't really think about it on a technical level.You had the explosion at the Joinery, the dust was settling, everyone was moving forward and I expected the tram to come later and then suddenly it was "Oh my god, that's now?"Loved the fact Ken was the only one on his feet at the end, sort of like a general marshalling his troops.Shame he then spent the next episode doing absolutely nothing.

There does seem to be a tendency among UK soap critics to assume we all hate Molly, because making Tyrone cry is a bit like killing a puppy.Personally I can see her point of view, Tyrone's the sort of person everyone wants to mother but who you probably wouldn't want to be married to:He's got a good heart but he's not so good in the brains or maturity department.His reaction to her leaving him this time was exactly the same as last time:Standing in front of her with his arms folded, as if that's going to make any difference.

Really looking like Molly and Sunita are goners.Glad Claire and the boys are okay, so that's 75% of the Peacocks on their way to France.Still wincing every time there's a shower of rubble near Ashley, I'm expecting something to fall on his head any minute.

Lots of lovely character moments in the middle of all the chaos:Gail and Eileen treating wounds together, Steve's reaction to Becky throwing her phone away, Carla looking after Fiz, Lloyd helping Chris, Ciaran and Dev with Sunita(once Ciaran's fiance, of course), Janice, Sean and Julie in the Rovers...Practically took place in real time.Two days till the live episode, they'll probably still be in the street then.

I saw it the same way Red Ranger - I just watched without expectation and so it all came out of the blue, I thought it was just fantastic - watching it back the only shot I think could be a bit distracting was seeing the reflection of the tram driver in the tram window as it headed for the corner shop but I didn't notice it as I watched first time around and overall I just thought it was all really well produced and epic, particularly watching in HD.

Yeah I can see why people wouldn't like Molly but I think is is, despite hiding probably the biggest deceit from her husband, is quite a genuine girl and I feel sorry for her situation actually. She's obviously made a stupid mistake and regrets what she did to Tyrone and knows he deserves better. Yeah Tyrone seems rather 'young' in the way he thinks and seems to fall apart when things get tough. That's from what I've seen of him anyway.

Haven't seen Tuesday's episode yet but I'm waiting for the HD upload! I've just watched 50 Years 50 Moments and it was really interesting to see how the show has involved and its past characters and 'icons'.

Edited by alexx

Tonight's episode was a lot lot better. The acting was incredible even from Baby Jack! It reminded me of when H&A did disasters and the aftermaths such as the earthquake and mudslide with people buried under the rubble. It's still hard to tell who may die but Molly, Rita and Sunita are top of my list anyway. Wouldn't be too sad to see any of them go. Poor Simon, this is the second fire he was been trapped in.