Coronation Street

Di

I spent the first few minutes of that episode thinking that every thing that happened seemed slightly more ridiculous than the last.First, Tyrone spends about two seconds looking for his mobile before deciding it would be quicker to dash blindly around deserted countryside waving his arms about. Then, even though they're in the middle of nowhere, we hear sirens seemingly a matter of seconds after someone made the 999 call.And then about half the emergency services in the county turn up! I know Tyrone told the lady that made the call that his wife was trapped, but would the fire service really turn up that quickly?Wouldn't it be more likely for the ambulance to arrive and then see if they needed back-up?

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I just watched the omnibus.

I agree that the car-crash scenes were getting a bit ridiculous. That was a flipping huge crash, the car was bashed about all over the place and the car overturned. Was anyone else not completely stunned at how not-hurt Tyrone was?! Like he was able to climb out and run around looking for help with only a tiny cut on his head? Surely both he and Molly are lucky to be alive?!

The John storyline has succeeded in boring me stupid for another week....

And I'm starting to warm to Sophie and Sian as a couple. They both annoyed me a bit at the start but now they're kinda cute!

The Peacocks to leave 'Coronation Street'

Coronation Street couple Claire and Ashley Peacock are to be written out of the Weatherfield soap later this year, Digital Spy can confirm.

Actors Julia Haworth and Steven Arnold recently met with new producer Phil Collinson to discuss their future with the serial and all three parties mutually agreed that their characters had run their course.

Speaking of the decision, Collinson said: "Ashley and Claire Peacock have been part of the fabric of Weatherfield for many years but like any community, people come and go.

"Both the actors and myself felt that we had reached a crossroads with the characters, to the point that as actors they were not being fulfilled and stories were harder to find.

He continued: "We mutually decided to start working towards an exit for the Peacock family, giving the actors the chance to explore new opportunities and for us to devise a dramatic exit storyline.

"I wish Steven and Julia, and of course the young boys who play Josh and Freddie, all the best for the future."

Contrary to reports in the Manchester Evening News, however, show officials insist that no "dramatic showdown" or confrontation occurred at the meeting.

An ITV spokesperson said: "Julia and Steven are to leave the show but contrary to some press reports, there has been no confrontation with the show producer Phil Collinson."

They added: "All parties agreed this was the right time to say goodbye to the street's Peacock family."

Writers are said to be working on a "fitting exit" for the pair, who will remain on screen "until at least" the end of the year.

Arnold first appeared as butcher Ashley in 1995. He went on to marry Maxine Heavey (Tracy Shaw) four years later. Their happiness, however, was short-lived when she had an affair with Dr Matt Ramsden (Stephen Beckett), before being murdered by evil Richard Hillman (Brian Capron).

Ashley went on to marry Claire Casey on Christmas Day 2004. Their relationship, however, hit the rocks when she began suffering post-natal depression following the birth of their first son Freddie.

Oh thats a shame, I used to really like Ashley and Claire!

The street will be weird without them thats for sure, I can't believe Ashley's been there 15 years. Their exit will mark the end of the line for the Peacock/Elliott family now seeing as Fred is dead and now Ashley/Claire are going to.

I think there are PLENTY of others who should have been axed before the Peacocks, such as Fiz,Molly,Sean (God the most annoying person on television), John, Rosie, Michelle,Becky,Steve,Jason. Out of all the 3 big soaps Corrie definitely has the most deadwood!

I'm really liking Sophie and Sian as a couple.Provided it doesn't turn out to be an excuse to show two girls kissing, which it doesn't seem to be.

Shame about Ashley and Claire leaving but I can understand the reasoning.As they're one of my favourite couples, I'm really hoping they get a happy-ever-after exit.

The street will be weird without them thats for sure, I can't believe Ashley's been there 15 years. Their exit will mark the end of the line for the Peacock/Elliott family now seeing as Fred is dead and now Ashley/Claire are going to.

I think there are PLENTY of others who should have been axed before the Peacocks, such as Fiz,Molly,Sean (God the most annoying person on television), John, Rosie, Michelle,Becky,Steve,Jason. Out of all the 3 big soaps Corrie definitely has the most deadwood!

I agree on some, Molly, Rosie, Michelle and maybe John should all be axed. And as for the life of me I can't even remember who Sean is, he should be axed too as he's obviously made no impression on me! :lol:

I think Corrie is going through a very mundane phase at the moment. I don't like the storyline of Sophie and Shan (not sure how to spell that) and the big drama of Molly's car crash isn't even interesting me, probably because I don't like the character and don't think it rings true that she and Kevin would be having an affair. Fortunately, Corrie usually picks up (eventually) as viewers are very hard to please... :rolleyes:

And as for the life of me I can't even remember who Sean is, he should be axed too as he's obviously made no impression on me! :lol:

Sean Tully - the gay guy who works in the factory - extremely annoying! I'm sure you know I'm talking about now :P

^And somehow won it ahead of the infinitely more talented Hayley Tamaddon.Something tells me it wasn't his singing they were voting for.

I think out of them I'd agree with Sean, Becky, possibly John, probably Michelle who's nice to look at but has been looking a bit lost since she broke up with Steve and all her family died.Steve, Jason and Fiz are all loveable characters with good comedy potential, although Fiz has suffered a bit from being stuck in this John storyline, and I wouldn't want to lose any of them.Rosie's been showing a bit more character depth recently and I wouldn't want to lose her either.Molly I'm kind of on the fence with, I'm not that bothered about her but since she's at the centre of a major storyline that affects a lot of characters I wouldn't really describe her as dead wood.

Edited by Red Ranger 1