PICZO users, please read!

Guest Marieh

Well, it says: If you feel that material posted on the Piczo website or on a member website hosted by Piczo infringes on copyright you own, you may send a written Copyright Notification to our designated Copyright Agent at the following address:[...] Yadi-yadi-ya.

All I know is that it is indeed considered copyright infringement - how Piczo chooses to deal with it might not be representable for what is indeed the correct way or procedure. If they say that they don't considerate it copyright infringement it is so that they cannot be held legally liable for it, and it would save them a whole lot of work and trouble, too.

Whatever the case might be, it's incredible rude to take someones work, whatever it might be, and post it without letting the visitors know where you've got it from - they will not know if you've made it yourself or what, and since you haven't written anything about it, they will assume you did.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact is, I don't know any of these sites. That is why I give permission to the people here to mention it (PM me if you find my artwork somewhere).

I will not tolerate it and I sure as hell will not let it slide. I will name and shame anyone who steals and takes credit.

*growls before leaving*

Okay, if that person who sent the PM is reading this now...

How the **** are we supposed to tell you to credit when we don't know you have taken them?!

I couldn't agree more!

Whatever the case might be, it's incredible rude to take someones work, whatever it might be, and post it without letting the visitors know where you've got it from - they will not know if you've made it yourself or what, and since you haven't written anything about it, they will assume you did.

I agree with that too!

It's VERY rude, and when I visit a piczo site and see an avatar, I assume the owner of the site made it. I actually didn't think about the option of them being taken from someone else before this thread was started. I don't know why, it just never crossed my mind.

I have the same problem with my H&A videos on my website being uploaded to youtube, piczo etc. The thing is, I wouldn't care if they just credited the site, but some of them actually go to the trouble of cutting the sbj credit OFF the end, which is so rude and ungrateful.

If I see an uncredited avatar from now on and I know who made it, I will PM the person, there are so many websites out there one person can't possibly find all the pages and chack whether their work is used or not.

All for one and one for all :P

I can see you guys are annoyed, but don't you think you might be going a bit over the top?

If anyone finds my icons on these stupid sites, then you have my permission to RIP THERE ****ING HEADS OFF!

That's plain violent. lol!

I don't think it's fair at all, and it shouldn't happen - but all this anger isn't helping. Merc has shown that sending PMs to the owner's of sites works. Because now that's one website that doesn't have uncredited artwork on! That's what we want! I've PMd someone today, who owns two websites, and they are going to delete both their uncredited artwork pages. I didn't get angry or anything, I didn't swear and I didn't use capitals - and my message got through. I'd like to think I handled it nicely.

I perfectly understand why you are peeved and annoyed, but please make sure you don't take it out on the owners of the sites. I know it sounds stupid, seen as though they are the people who are causing the problem, but I'm sure most of them aren't aware of how much of a big deal it is. They don't deserve being yelled at.

Archived