PICZO users, please read!

Guest Marieh

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the posters in this thread PMed me with was thought to be the username (on this site) for the owner of the site which was linked to in this thread earlier. *phew*

I PMed the member in question, and these are the PMs/replies (first PM on the bottom, read from bottom - up):

------

You do realize that it's considered illegal to steal other artists work? Now, icons are not art per se, but according to Piczo users on here, what you, and other site-owners have been doing is against their rules and I think someone is in the process of reporting it already.

Who gave me the tip is not really relevant.

I'd like all my icons removed -and I suggest that you start working out who made what and gather permissions to post their work on your site.

Well i get the avatars from other sites which dont credit, so i dont know who makes them. Who was the 'tip'

I had a tip, so to speak. Now, I'm curious - why is it that you display icons made by other users here, on your site, without crediting them, and that includes me, at all?

Yeh I am, how did you know that?

Hey,

are you the owner of this Piczo-site?

(Url removed)

-Mercury_Girl

Just received this PM

Well nobody has posted a message on my site asking for me to credit them so i was unaware that anyone was bothered by me using their artwork, all it took was a shoutbox message. Plus, i have no idea what icons are yours and i guess i'll never know because i deleted the page.

next time, a simple message on my site

I think it's rather odd, that after all the mayhem there's been, with how to credit, how to not hotlink etc, that people still do it and say they didn't see how any would be offended by having their work somewhere without being credited.

I've been reading the terms and conditions for piczo, and from what I understood on this page you don't have copyright just because you have made something (I could be wrong) but I still think it's polite to ask before you use, and I also think piczo will remove pics if you write them an e-mail and tell them why you want it removed.

EDIT: I also think http://pic6.piczo.com/public/piczo2/piczoAbuse.jsp this might be useful. I don't use Piczo anymore, so I don't know that much because a lot is changed, but I think they count using other pictures (even though they are not copyrighted) as abuse.

Archived