PICZO users, please read!

Guest Marieh

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is sad that people do take things without asking, Maybe to make sure people know whos it it we should start putting names on our work? I know it isnt fair to have to do that, but I dont see how everyone stealing work will be stopped. With peoples names on things, everyone knows who made it.

I usually put my name on fanfiction banners I make on request, but that's not because I want to make sure no one steals them (who would steal a fanfic banner?!) I do it to make it easier for the fanfic author. If I put my name on the work I don't require any credit (as long as they don't remove my name of course) and that makes it easier so people don't have to worry about crediting.

But doing it with icons and stuff is totally different. It ruins the stuff. Just to show what I mean:

I made this banner for I Love Music, and I don't think the name ruins the banner at all

banner1.jpg

...but putting a name on this avatar natav1.jpg would ruin it.

People who ask for credit on screencaps, brushes and fonts kind of annoy me. I see why they want credit, but let's say I make an icon with two different fonts, six brushes and use a screencap, all by different people. Where would I put all the crediting? I would have to have a long list in front of my computer telling me where I got what. It's much easier with artwork, you only have to put ONE name somewhere.

I'm sorry if that sounded really whiny and harsh. I know that making brushes and fonts and stuff is a lot of work to, but there's a limit on how much you can credit for the stuff you used to make a 100x100 pixel graphic!

On banners, like the one you posted, I agree with you.

As for icons, I agree as well!

As for crediting. I post a lot on LJ, but I rarely credit because I've made a habit of only using stuff where people say that crediting is not necessary. But, as I was trying to say, people who post a lot of graphics on LJ and their own web-sites tend to make a credit/resource list where they list ever brush maker etc. I think that's the most logical thing to do.

Archived