PICZO users, please read!

Guest Marieh

Well, out of curiousity, I just went and checked 2 websites that I recently have heard of.

No credit has been made.

But what confuses me is that the owner PMd me the other day asking me if she could put one of my banners up on the site, and assured me she'd credit. I can't actually see where that banner is (probably came to her senses and didn't put it on :P) but looking around her two sites, there are avatars of mine that she hasn't credited. She hasn't credited any avatars actually. But she did write something along the lines of "These are not mine. I take no credit." She probably thought that's what it meant... So at least she's putting in the effort.

Maybe people are just unclear of what we mean by credit?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the first piczo site I check has a whole bunch of my avatars uncredited... I know I have given permission to the person to use some of them (one or two as far as I remember as long as I was credited) and I'll du as Marie did: I will give the owner of the website a few days to either take them down or ask and credit me or I will report the page and have them removed. I also think piczo closes down pages if they don't follow the rules...

I'm not being unreasonable, because I don't require crediting of use of my avatars on msn (if you ask first) and the same goes for using my screencaps, brushes and fanfiction banners. I just want credit for my work, because the way they are now I can't even figure out if it's hotlinking because when you try to right click the image it says you have to "contact the owner of the website if you want to use one of the images"

If you don't credit/ask and don't plan to do it:

Remove, or I will have you removed.

So the first piczo site I check has a whole bunch of my avatars uncredited... I know I have given permission to the person to use some of them (one or two as far as I remember as long as I was credited) and I'll du as Marie did: I will give the owner of the website a few days to either take them down or ask and credit me or I will report the page and have them removed. I also think piczo closes down pages if they don't follow the rules...

I'm not being unreasonable, because I don't require crediting of use of my avatars on msn (if you ask first) and the same goes for using my screencaps, brushes and fanfiction banners. I just want credit for my work, because the way they are now I can't even figure out if it's hotlinking because when you try to right click the image it says you have to "contact the owner of the website if you want to use one of the images"

If you don't credit/ask and don't plan to do it:

Remove, or I will have you removed.

It only works with the avs on here :(

After looking for two minutes I found work belonging to Aaron, Amir, Tainted Muse, Sevenpuddings and Marki! and I don't see any credit!

Okay Eli Roenning, I'm a tad confused by your post.

You will ask them to credit you first before reporting, right?

MSN? That's no big deal. It's MSN... your friends would know if you had made the avatar or not. And if they had to ask, someone wouldn't lie to a friend. Well, someone nice wouldn't. I think asking permission for MSN is going a bit too far.

I don't really think they need to ask permission for PICZO sites. It'd be nice, but a lot of hard work. As long as they credit and don't hotlink, that should be fine. You put your work up here for people to use and see; right? Well, this just means that someone else is doing it for you. :)

And if you go on View>>Source you can look at the HTML/CSS for the site. I just did that on a piczo site, and it's fairly simple to see if they've hotlinked or not. The website owners generally do one or the other. (Hotlink or don't) so if you don't see a "Photobucket" or "Imageshack" URL etc then you know they haven't hotlinked. :)

I will of course contact them before reporting, sorry if I didn't make that clear (which I don't think I did rereading the post)

I agree, msn is no big deal at all, but I disagree about piczo, because even though it's an easy way to make a website it's still a website, and I want credit for my work.

I found a lot of avatars made by other members here too, without any credit...

Oh no, sorry, I didn't make myself clear either.

I think it's wrong that people don't credit on websites, I just don't see the need for them to ask if they can use. That would take time, waiting for replys and such, when the artists are most probably going to say yes anyway! I see no point in asking the artist whether they can use the artwork, but I do see a problem in using without crediting.

I babbled.

Oh no, sorry, I didn't make myself clear either.

I think it's wrong that people don't credit on websites, I just don't see the need for them to ask if they can use. That would take time, waiting for replys and such, when the artists are most probably going to say yes anyway! I see no point in asking the artist whether they can use the artwork, but I do see a problem in using without crediting.

I babbled.

Oh, then I agree :)

I think it's the best if the person asks, but I usually tell people who ask that they can use whatever they want as long as they credit. So really I just want people to ask once, not because I'm going to say no, but that gives me the chance to see the websites they are used for and stuff.

Archived