Support Group

Dan F

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Aw Kevin I'm sorry to hear that! :(

*Virtual hug*

Thank you Saoirse :)

We had the mass at Rathgormack this morning at 10 . You know it ?

No it doesn't ring a bell. I probably do know it to see, I just don't know the name. I hope everything went ok? I hope your feeling ok! Well, as ok as you can be! :)

^ :(
I absouletly feel for you. Im on anti-depressants, and have had history of anxitey, and I tell you, it's not nice. I also understand about the job thing, it's very hard for me to say that I don't have a job because of my anxiety problems and depression. They ask what I do and I say: Nothing.
They just kinda look at me and keep quiet. I really get quite upset from that. I shouldn't be raving about me anyway, your situation is much more difficult. 10 years is a very long time to have to feel like that. It's not fair, and I understand exactly what you're going through. If you ever need to ask something, or to talk, your more than welcome to PM me :)
For now, I wish you all the best.
xx

• 2 weeks later...

My life sucks right now. I actually feel like I have no one. Im fighting with my family, my friend...I feel like everyone hates me.

Everyone goes through those days. I always find that suddenly something great will happen and everything else starts to fall back in place. Life's full of highs and lows, I hope you feel better soon *hugs*

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum, Kevin. I hope you and your family are holding up. My Mum is like my best friend and I couldn't live without her. Lots of hugs!

Lise, it sounds like your Dad is trying really hard to stay sober, and I hope it goes well.

Saorise, if it makes you feel any better, I don't hate you! And I'm sure lots of other members agree with me; that it does get better. You just need to make an effort.

And Steph, I hope you are holding up too.

Reo and Em, I really do hope you both are feeling ok. And like Em said, if anyone needs a chat my "door" is always open :) Reilly xoxo

Thanks HAAGirl, I have no choice but to accept it. But I'm lucky because my neighbour has a kitten who looks just like Billy

(Billy was my favourite and I was closer to her). So I get to see pat "Todd" who looks like my cat Billy. lol. It's good :) It makes me feel like Billy is still around :lol: (I know, I'm crazy! :P)

^ Did you ever get to see your cats, Lily-G? It's nice that you've still got a cat that you can see. I like the name by the way :P

I feel like this year is becoming a total write off! I'm sick and tired of being that person that everyone takes things from but never gets anything in return. I do so many things for so many people and they never do anything for me (my sister is the main culprit and she was on the receiving end tonight).

My family is falling apart in front of me. My Dad might be getting out of hosptial in a couple of weeks and I'm freaking out that I'll just end up at his funeral. I know I should be more positive about it but I don't remember him doing anything but drinking. My Uncle (on my Mum's side of the family) tried to committ suicide last year and now he's just pushing everyone away so it's like walking on egg shells with them because you can't mention him. He even had a go at my Nana - she's 82 years old and she doesn't need him being nasty to her, no matter what he's going through.

^ Did you ever get to see your cats, Lily-G? It's nice that you've still got a cat that you can see. I like the name by the way :P

I feel like this year is becoming a total write off! I'm sick and tired of being that person that everyone takes things from but never gets anything in return. I do so many things for so many people and they never do anything for me (my sister is the main culprit and she was on the receiving end tonight).

My family is falling apart in front of me. My Dad might be getting out of hosptial in a couple of weeks and I'm freaking out that I'll just end up at his funeral. I know I should be more positive about it but I don't remember him doing anything but drinking. My Uncle (on my Mum's side of the family) tried to committ suicide last year and now he's just pushing everyone away so it's like walking on egg shells with them because you can't mention him. He even had a go at my Nana - she's 82 years old and she doesn't need him being nasty to her, no matter what he's going through.

I know what thats like people always used to do that to me until one day it got to me and i went all crazy and stuff now when they take things they give it back :ph34r:

& sorry about all the drama hope it gets better

& Lilly that sucks but could u get the cats back or would u have to pay for em back

My sister gave my cat away to a friend well it was her cat when he was a kitten and because she hates cats gave it to me i went to school came home and the guy was taking it away i didnt say good bye i was pissed off because i had that cat for ages and it run away the next day and idk

I have also lost heaps off dogs When i was like 5-6 we had a family dog for years and he got Ball Cancer or something like that and he got put down and everyone was crying and a year or 2 after i was playing with my favorite dog i loved her we did everything together and we went out somewhere and came home and someone had broke in and took her

I'm so sorry to hear about your family, Lise! If you ever want to talk; I'm always here.

I know completely what you mean about being used, or giving things and never getting anything back; it really annoys me, and I can take quite a bit... I feel bad when I say that, but every once in a while, it'd be nice to have something given back. But no. I'm used to it, I guess, though.

*HUGS Lise!*

---

I don't even know how to put in to words how I feel. I never really talk about how I feel, even to people close to me. I did the other night though, to a friend who used to feel the same way. It was weird, I actually felt sick talking about it, because it had been bottled up for ages. I guess I hold things in too long, and I do that because I feel like, if I talk about how I feel, that people will worry too much and I'll be burdening them. I'm like the "Agony Aunt" in my friends; everyone comes to me for a shoulder, or an open ear. It might sound selfish, because I love helping people, but it kind of gets me down. It kind of comes back to the whole "give but not take" thing. I'll have great days, that'll last for a while, and it's amazing to feel that happy. Then, something, even small, will happen and I'll be sent into my little "rut," or hole. It takes a while to come out of it because I don't talk about how I feel and when I'm like that, everything gets to me, which buries me deeper. It scares me, because at the time of these "down stages" I feel as though I'll never recover, like I'll never be happy again. I just rely on my Brave Face to get me through. I feel really selfish for feeling down, even if I down "obviously" have anything to be sad about and that makes me feel worse. It's like a vicious cycle.

Gah, I have no idea why I'm writing this, I just need to let it out... and as always, writing is the way to do it!

Archived