Support Group

Dan F

Um... I think I have Lyme disease... I had blood taken today to be tested for dengue and a few other things. I hope Lyme disease was one of those things because... I'm pretty sure I have it :unsure: One of the symptoms appears to be increased depression and anxiety. If that is the case, and I do have Lyme disease, that would explain very neatly the reason why the Effexor stopped working all of a sudden. I think. It would be like my "normal" level of depression and anxiety was bumped up to a level that Effexor couldn't cope with, and so it appeared to stop working, when really it was just working at the same rate it always had, but the symptoms had increased... This makes perfect sense. Why the hell did it take my doctor so long to think of this :huh:? I've been telling her I've had "flu-like" symptoms and increased depression and anxiety for ages!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay now I have my own problem, right now me and my mum are trying to stop a leakage and my house downstair is flooding badly. My mum has had a lot to drink and is swearing heaps. She's nearly in tears and I'm close too. We've ran heaps of people today begging for help and no one has come to help stop the flooding. I don't think I'm be able to fall asleep tonight because I'll be worrying all night. I might have to work tomorrow but my freakin boss hasn't sent the roster yet and I have to wake up at 6 so I can go to centrelink and put a form in. I'm really stressed. I really need to get some rest tonight :(

Now I know how people up North Queensland felt in the floods. :(

I know to many that Jack was just a rabbit and my emotions may seem overboard, he was a pet and not a person. But he was so much more, he had a lot of character.

DON'T listen to anyone who trys to tell you that you're overreacting :angry:

I always feel sorry for those people because they clearly have no idea how to connect with animals, and how hugely they can become a part of your life;

so sorry to hear about you losing him, it's never easy - but especially when it's so sudden, at least you were there with him in his final moments, that may soon bring you some small relief -

i always say, yes they might be 'just' animals, but some of my 'animals' have been more important to me than some humans ever could be!

*hug*

Reo, I'm sorry to hear about your rabbit. Animals make better friends than humans, IMO. No matter what happens they'll always be there. I, also, know how you feel about school. I left because I just couldn't stand to spend any more time in the place. I haven't seen any my 'friends' from school in years. Most of them were backstabbing cows.

Jem, hopefully you've found out what wrong with you. I know how frustrating it is to be sick and not know what's wrong with you. I've had sore stomachs and fatigue for years now and they still don't know what's wrong. A name for it would be great. I don't care if they can't do anything about it, I'd just like to know what's actually going on.

Right. Me now! I know why I bottle everthing up now because I all get in response is anger when I tell people about it. I don't need that. I need someone (anyone) to talk to and not judge me or have a go at me. I'm angry at my Dad but to me that's completely natural. I don't think he realises what he put us through and still is putting us through. I'm sorry if I cry myself to sleep every night because I feel like I don't have any control over my own life. I'm sorry if I want to find an easy, painless way out of this hell. I shouldn't be sorry, though. I'm sick of putting everyone else first but no one else will do that for me. I wouldn't be living at home if I had the choice but I don't have anywhere else to go. I'm sick and tired of my life.

My Dad would have never got himself help. It took an old friend of his to turn up and force to do something about it. She's the sort of person you can't say no to. I think most of the problem is they don't know they have a problem. I would have never suggested him getting help for it because I hadn't even admitted to myself that he had a problem so why would he? Guilt was my over riding emotion when he first went in because it was obvious he needed to be there years ago then anger took over and as he got more sick in hospital it all went out the window. I couldn't be angry with someone who was that sick. Basically he was dying for a couple of months which is the scariest thing I've ever seen.

Sorry, Lily-G, none of that rant would have made you feel better :(

would have never suggested him getting help for it because I hadn't even admitted to myself that he had a problem so why would he?

But I know what you mean. Don't feel bad It feels good to talk to someone, at least your father is on he's way to recovery. I've never told a single friend about my mother's problem.

Jem, hopefully you've found out what wrong with you. I know how frustrating it is to be sick and not know what's wrong with you. I've had sore stomachs and fatigue for years now and they still don't know what's wrong. A name for it would be great. I don't care if they can't do anything about it, I'd just like to know what's actually going on.

Thanks for understanding Lise, that's it exactly :)

Right. Me now! I know why I bottle everthing up now because I all get in response is anger when I tell people about it. I don't need that. I need someone (anyone) to talk to and not judge me or have a go at me. I'm angry at my Dad but to me that's completely natural. I don't think he realises what he put us through and still is putting us through. I'm sorry if I cry myself to sleep every night because I feel like I don't have any control over my own life. I'm sorry if I want to find an easy, painless way out of this hell. I shouldn't be sorry, though. I'm sick of putting everyone else first but no one else will do that for me. I wouldn't be living at home if I had the choice but I don't have anywhere else to go. I'm sick and tired of my life.

You sound a little worse off than me at the moment, but I get where you're coming from. I get people rolling their eyes at my "attitude" and telling me to get over it. Like I'd feel this way if I knew how to fix it. Like I'd be going to a doctor and a counselor and talking to people online about it if I didn't want to fix it! It's just so hard when the support I'm getting seems to be two-faced; we'll say it's okay for you to have depression and anxiety, as long as you never talk about how it makes you feel because really it's all your fault anyway and if you cared about anyone else, you'd stop being so self-centered and melodramatic, and stop bringing everyone else down! SMILE!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

It's frustrating and exhausting. Aye, I hear ya :(

It most certainly is frustrating and exhausting. I was talking to one of the girls at work today and told that I didn't think that there was anything good to live for and she was kinda shocked. I think because I walk around like everythings ok they just presume that I am ok when if they took the time to talk to me, they'd find out that it's the opposite.

I'm going to visit Dad for the weekend tomorrow with my Sister. Just for peace of mind, I text my Uncle to ask how he's doing at home and he said he's doing alright. I think he's still adjusting. I didn't want to head up there blindly and not know what to expect but my Uncle's pretty good and I think he understands.

Archived