Support Group

Dan F

My dog was put down today. It was so sudden, he just started losing weight and had no energy and my mum took him to the vet today and it turned out he had a kidney infection and was in a ton of pain. I know it was the kindest thing but... And I couldn't even get home in time to see him. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like without him there. He was the best hearted dog I've ever known.

dsc00173zid.jpg

I hope he's happy wherever he is.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww I'm sorry to hear that Hattie :( I lost my cat last year, she died in my Mum's arms and it was devastating she was 21! You just have to comfort yourself in the fact that he's not in any pain anymore and he's in a better place, chasing dog bones or something :lol:

I'm so sorry Hattie. I know how awful it feels to lose a pet. When my horse died a few years ago i cried for 3 days non stop. *sending hugs*

Your dog was lovely, bless him. I'm sure he's up there somewhere all happy.

My parents dog is dying of kidney failure. It's really sad and although i don't go home much i'll still miss him terribly. It's like somethings missing when you lose a pet you've had so long.

I'm sorry to hear about your dog, Hattie. I hope you doing ok.

I'm feeling a bit better now since we went to see Dad last weekend. He's doing quite well. He's cooking, again, which is a good thing because he's a really good cook. The best thing is there wasn't any alcohol in sight!

My Gran passed away early this morning. :(

I've gotta book a ticket back to Perth so I can be with my family.

I know you shouldn't have favourites, but she was my fave grandparent. :(

My thoughts go out to you and your family hun :) *hugs*

as you can tell from my sig, I lost my grand parent not too long ago, and its still a very raw subject. My mum's bf found my 20th birthday card from nan and pop last night which I didn't get for my birthday because mum was meant to send it over for me but never got to...

I opened it, and found $30 in there, nan always had a thing for giving me money.

I read the card and the were wishing me a happy birthday and then it goes.

'So you the big 21 next year, love and miss you, see you next year for the big one.'

I balled for the next hour :'(

Archived