Support Group

Dan F

My problem isn't that huge compared to everyone else's. I just hate my school so much.

I'm fine at home. I have a wonderful family. But at school it's like I'm plunged into this place where I am totally scared. I'm getting bullied and I can't defend myself because I just freeze up. I'm sick of walking past people and being terrified of what they think of me. I'm starting to get really panicky about stuff - if there is a question I can't answer in a test, I feel like I'm about to pass out. I hate the stupid b!tchy popular crowd at school. They make my life hell. They are such fakers and posers and I wish I could not care what they think but I do.

And there's one person who was the most important person in my life but now he hates me and anyone who's been through that knows how much it hurts.

Ash;laewkjawefoiuaweroiuweafnnavjaswhiefpiowaeuirwefnsdvnawel;ruapwoeurl;kan afhl;euiowhVBj,madsbnflkafyra uirjhbasd,vmjhbalewuypoweaiusbnv sdfjklyhewoiareuwrhla,sbvjksdyhoaaoivueyhelwahkjfhaeilwufyrhwaqbjk asdbjklasdfasdfasdfjhasdfvbeuiwlyrawljrkldsbhav!!!!!!!@)($#(&*^$*&@#^$*(@#$^

OK, got it out of my system now :)

Bullying is a huge problem. It doesnt just exist with kids in shcools but it happens it workplaces too. I have been the victim of it in my workplace, and it made my life miserable. It should not be tolerated. Is there anyone you can talk to about it? A trusted teacher? Your parents??

Yeah, Ive been rejected by people who were important to me before... and yes it does hurt. But, I figure if they cant love me for who I am, warts and all then they just arent worth knowing.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

URGENT! My friend has gotten into a habit of vomiting about once a day and has been doing so for less than a month (according to her). Already though, she thinks she may have seen blood in her vomit. She's not entirely sure if it was blood but it was red (and the only red thing she had had for dinner was sauce with her sausages.) She thinks it was just less than a teaspoon of blood, and she's never had streaks in her blood before so it's weird that if it is blood, that it has got like this without warning. I'm trying to talk her into going to a doctor but she won't. What could it be? Is it anything life-threatening? Surely it can't be that bad if she hasn't been purging that long? You have people vomiting everyday for years and they don't see any blood. Any help ASAP would be appreciated!

EDIT: And I reiterate - she's not certain it was blood!

URGENT! My friend has gotten into a habit of vomiting about once a day and has been doing so for less than a month (according to her). Already though, she thinks she may have seen blood in her vomit. She's not entirely sure if it was blood but it was red (and the only red thing she had had for dinner was sauce with her sausages.) She thinks it was just less than a teaspoon of blood, and she's never had streaks in her blood before so it's weird that if it is blood, that it has got like this without warning. I'm trying to talk her into going to a doctor but she won't. What could it be? Is it anything life-threatening? Surely it can't be that bad if she hasn't been purging that long? You have people vomiting everyday for years and they don't see any blood. Any help ASAP would be appreciated!

EDIT: And I reiterate - she's not certain it was blood!

Nathan.... your friend MUST see a doctor. There are no 2 ways about it. Continuous vomitting is not normal. And it could be diagnositic of any number of things. Continuous vomitting can also cause a host of secondary problems. Is there any reason why she wont go see a doctor?

Ditto to what sharksarecute said, is your friend making herself vomit? Either way she needs help, and if she has been making herself vomit she is going to need a whole lot of it. Will she go to the doctor if you go with her? Or does she have family or other adult family friends that you can explain the situation to and they can act. Don't take this upon yourself, if she isn't willing to go to a doctor, talk to her family and family friends and enlist their help. They need to know what she is doing to herself as well. Bulimia can cause many problems, if the acid from her stomach is constantly being driven up into her system, it can burn and cause major damage to her organs. As well as many other problems. Get her help, and if she won't take it, go to someone else. Its better now than 2 years down the track.

A member who wished to stay anonymous asked me to post this for them:

My life is just spiraling out of control and I feel there is nothing I can do it stop it :( I swear, I'm so close to breaking point and I'm so scared that I'll reach that point.

I was diagnosed with Depression 8 months ago, but I know I've had it since I was 16. When I was 16 a close friend of mine passed away suddenly so I start drinking, smoking and meddled with drugs for awhile. This was also when I started cutting myself daily... eventually that all stopped though with the help of my ex. Anyways, there are a lot of things that happened in my childhood that I think triggered it to all start. Abuse, bullied at school constantly, my brother almost dying, my sister dying and moving all the time. The abuse has pretty much ruled my life. I think of it everyday and it's ruined a lot of my r/ships because I can't get intimate no matter how hard I try. If my ex gf ran her finger up my arm I'd flinch, if my ex bf wanted to have sex I'd freak out. I just can't... it's not that I don't want to... I just can't. I can't even shake the hands of strangers I meet. The only people I can really touch have been my ex bf when we hugged and my parents. :( I've been having suicidal thoughts since I was 16 and the past 4 months they've been coming daily. I just don't know what to do. I cut myself last week for the first time in 2 years because I just felt so helpless and out of control. I feel that no one wants to help me and that everything is going downhill faster than a train. I virtually have NO friends left because I've pushed them all away this year. I don't even talk to my best friend anymore and we became so close towards the end of last year when we helped each other through break ups. I've alienated everyone. The only people I talk to anymore are my parents and sometimes some people from this forum... but that's it.

I saw a psychiatrist yesterday afternoon for the first time. It was very overwhelming, but she was really nice. She sat there and listened to me as I told her everything from my past, my present and my fears for the future. She never interrupted, she just listed. I think that is what I needed to begin with. I told her many things that after 8 sessions I had only just been able to tell my psychologist. I cried during the majority of it as I spoke :/ My session was only meant to go for an hour, but by the time I finished speaking it had been just over 2 hours and everyone had gone home. The sun was set and my poor Dad had been outside waiting for an hour. She wants me to go and see my doctor and talk to him about it because she thinks I need to talk to someone more often than once a month or every 5 weeks. She might be right, but I can't talk to him because he's a guy... I can't talk to guys about anything at all, esp a stranger. I definitely can't talk to him about the abuse...

I just need to know that I will be alright. I keep on getting told I will be... but I don't believe it. I won't.

To the anonymous poster above me.... I think you are very brave for posting that. It must have been tough. It sounds like you have gone through alot and have a lot to work through. I work in mental health, and I can tell you the first step is the hardest. You have put your hand up and asked for help so well done. That must have taken alot of courage.

When I started reading your post I thought, how supportive is your psychologist? But then, I was horrified when I read she promptly faxed off her notes to your doctor without your permission. That is highly unethical. And I would be taking her to task on that.

She is right on one point though, it sounds like you need to see someone more than once every 5 weeks. If you dont feel comfortable talking to your doctor, perhaps you should consider seeing a female doctor? It can be hard sometimes finding a therapist you feel comfortable with and trust... and building a therapuetic relationship can take time. It wont be easy, and it will take time and hard work... but you WILL be fine. It sounds like you have the will, and the right attitude and that is half the battle.

PM me anytime you need

xxx

I went to the doctor. She gave me new drugs FOR FREE! The system works :o I'll start on them tomorrow and see what they do.

She also wants to test me for a thyroid problem, which she says is very treatable if that is what's going on with me. I'll have to get a blood test sometime this week - also FOR FREE! :o So, as she said, fingers crossed.

These free medicines and treatments are so suspicious. I wonder if my doctor reads this thread... :ph34r: Then again, my counselor actually admitted to wanting me to be her guinea-pig, to see how long it takes me for an antidepressant/anti-anxiety medication to kick in, and she works in the same building as my doctor, so maybe it's all an elaborate scam! :o

I went to the doctor. She gave me new drugs FOR FREE! The system works :o I'll start on them tomorrow and see what they do.

She also wants to test me for a thyroid problem, which she says is very treatable if that is what's going on with me. I'll have to get a blood test sometime this week - also FOR FREE! :o So, as she said, fingers crossed.

These free medicines and treatments are so suspicious. I wonder if my doctor reads this thread... :ph34r: Then again, my counselor actually admitted to wanting me to be her guinea-pig, to see how long it takes me for an antidepressant/anti-anxiety medication to kick in, and she works in the same building as my doctor, so maybe it's all an elaborate scam! :o

Stricly speaking it isnt free, as you pay a medicare levy when you pay your taxes. (or your parents do, not sure how old you are). What you describe isnt unusual. I have never had to fork out for a blood test. And just so you know, it takes about 6 weeks for antidepressant medication to reach its full efficacy, but you should start to notice a shift in mood in about a week. As for anti-anxiolytic medication, it has a short half-life and so they start to work within minutes but are out of your system fairly quickly so only work a few hours.

That sounded really patronizing. I've been on antidepressants for six months, I know how they work. I also know how much of my own money I've spent on them - not through medicare or taxes, or my parents' taxes, just my own cold hard cash - so I know how nice it is not to have to do that this time. It's a big deal for me. I'm happy about it. I don't need to know the technicalities to know that I get to keep $85 of my $100-per-fortnight allowance that I otherwise wouldn't, if I had to pay for drugs and blood tests, as I have done in the past.

Sorry if I'm being too aggressive or defensive. I'm also awaiting results on a bi-polar test :rolleyes:

That sounded really patronizing. I've been on antidepressants for six months, I know how they work. I also know how much of my own money I've spent on them - not through medicare or taxes, or my parents' taxes, just my own cold hard cash - so I know how nice it is not to have to do that this time. It's a big deal for me. I'm happy about it. I don't need to know the technicalities to know that I get to keep $85 of my $100-per-fortnight allowance that I otherwise wouldn't, if I had to pay for drugs and blood tests, as I have done in the past.

Sorry if I'm being too aggressive or defensive. I'm also awaiting results on a bi-polar test :rolleyes:

I wasnt trying to be patronising, I was actually trying to help. As this is the support thread and Ive been working in mental health for many years, I thought I might be able to help a bit. I didnt know you were on anti-deps, or how long for . Or how much you knew about how they work. Forgive me for not being a mind reader, no need to jump down my throat for it. But reading your post, it seemed you were surpised that your doc gave your free samples and you didnt have to pay for a blood test. It isnt unusual for docs to give free samples and Im surprised when you say you need to pay for blood tests. Ive never had to nor have I heard of anyone who has. Im curious about your bi-polar test. What does it involve? At the risk of sounding patronising again, a psychatrist will diagose you after he has spent a few sessions with you and you have met certain criteria according to whatever diagnostic tool he uses.

Archived