Support Group

Dan F

I dont know what to do :(

I've been waking up early of a morning, just to over hear my family, my mum, sister, my sister's boyfriend talking about me like I'm not there!

I can hear them saying stuff about why I spend so much time on the computer, the fact is, I'm still looking for work, I'm still being social..........

I'm starting to feel really down again, I dont want to be home, and this morning they were talking about me going for my P's on Friday and mum just goes 'mmmmmmmmmmm' like she doesn't have confidence that i'm gunna get my P's at all.

My mums boyfriend has more confidence in me then my own bloody family does, and that hurts!

I mean, its my life, I can do what I want, and its my choic how long I spend on a computer...

IF THEY HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, SAY IT TO MY FACE!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^My parents talk about me when they don't think I'm listening either. It used to really upset me, but now I try to listen in to know what they really think of me, because they're too cowardly to say it to my face. I guess that works both ways for me though, because it's not worth it for me to confront them about it either.

I've noticed that most people can't carry an "adult" conversation without bitching behind someone's back. I wouldn't take it too personally that they were talking about you when you weren't there, because when your mum's not there, they'll be talking about her, and when your sister's not there, they'll be talking about her. It's just what people do to entertain themselves and make themselves feel superior by paying out on a person who they're not even brave enough to face up to.

It just makes me feel so angry, like I dont even want to be in my own house sometimes, like I dont feel comfortable, and I should be able to feel confident in my own house!

I have been spending half my time away from them these days because all they seem to do it talk about me or ***** about me because I'm not doing something 'productive' with my life...

JESUS CHRIST.... I'm looking for a job, isn't that good enough for them?

Bec (I hope it's okay if I call you that!), it used to happen to me all the time. I've learned that they usually speak about you because they're worried. They don't execute the emotion very well and they can come across mean and pushy, but they care, and it seems like the same situation I was in.

It will blow over. It always does. But maybe just remind them that you are being social and looking for a job because they do forget. I did it, and it worked, thankfully. :lol: Just say some fleeting comments like "I'm going for a walk with my friend, see you in a few hours..." and "There's this one place I really want to work in but they're not accepting applications. I guess I'll have to settle for something else... if my previous applications have even been looked at. I hope somebody responds soon!". I know, it's really corny, but it works! :)

Bec (I hope it's okay if I call you that!), it used to happen to me all the time. I've learned that they usually speak about you because they're worried. They don't execute the emotion very well and they can come across mean and pushy, but they care, and it seems like the same situation I was in.

It will blow over. It always does. But maybe just remind them that you are being social and looking for a job because they do forget. I did it, and it worked, thankfully. :lol: Just say some fleeting comments like "I'm going for a walk with my friend, see you in a few hours..." and "There's this one place I really want to work in but they're not accepting applications. I guess I'll have to settle for something else... if my previous applications have even been looked at. I hope somebody responds soon!". I know, it's really corny, but it works! :)

Yea its fine to call me Bec :)

The fact is, I do all that, I tell them I've applied for job applications, I show them I want a job, I do hang out with my mates, but they just wont stop and its beginning to annoy me.

And since nan died 3 weeks ago, I've just been feeling so lost and confused. my family dont seem to understand me at all these days. I used to be able to talk to my mum about things, but now all it seems is like she's judging me!

And my sister, dont get me started on her, were always fighting. because were so alike in our personalities and stuff, something small can blow up so easily and its like world war 3 has started!

I've done most of my driving with my mum, she's always saying I'm a good driver but it seems like she doesn't believe I'll get my license on friday!

I'm just so down atm, I cant think straight, I have to go out just to cheer myself up!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived