Desire & Despair

Guest Drew

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you're a really good writer. i wish i could write half as good. :)

Thanks! :D hehe ... And thanks for the comments guys! Here's the next chapter!

LEAH

I always thought in life that marriage was forever, that love was forever, was I the only one thinking that? Numerous days have now passed since the opening of Desire and Dan has began to do these secretive activities. He tells me it’s business, but if it was, shouldn’t I be involved? I’ve now began to learn that Dan may be having an affair, but the question is, with who? There’s only one way to find out, to spy on Dan. And then get revenge.

Peter walked in slowly that night after visiting Rachel in hospital. As he closed the door, Amanda walked down the stairs in her dressing gown. She knew who he went to go see and asked him how Rachel was. They began to talk about the Gillian's, and Amanda knew that something fishy was going on, though Peter never admitted that it’s actually ‘that’ Dennis who is after him. As they sat on the lounge Amanda just stared into Peter’s eyes, he looked like he was day dreaming.

“Peter, is everything alright?” Amanda asked him.

“No… It’s not alright… Rachel believes that the poison was placed in her juice on purpose. She believes that someone has been trying to murder her after finding a sympathy note on the table-“ As Peter continued to talk, Amanda’s face turned to guilt, and Peter began to see it.

“Who would do a thing like that?” Amanda asked avoiding eye contact.

“I’m going to ask you something Amanda, and I want you to be honest with me.”

“Sure” Amanda said, looking back at Peter.

“Was it you? Did you poison Rachel?” Amanda just stared into space and looked at Peter.

“If you want to know the truth Peter, no, I didn’t poison Rachel… Why would you think I would try and murder her for?” Amanda asked beginning to sound offended.

“Hey, hey. I’m sorry… It’s just the way you reacted a few nights ago when we found out that Rachel was pregnant… I’m sorry for judging you. I love you.” Peter said, giving Amanda a hug. As Amanda rested her head against Peter’s shoulder, she let out a faint evil smirk. She just lied to Peter about killing his child, and he believed her…

CHAPTER NINE: The One With Amanda’s Lies

Three nights have now passed after Amanda lied to Peter about killing Rachel’s baby, the sun began to set and the next fashion line of Desire was about to be launched. As Drew entered backstage of the runway, he looked around for Belle. He found her putting on her makeup a few meters away, as he walked up to her, Belle noticed and gave him a smile.

“Hey Taylor.” Drew said giving her a kiss on the cheek. Belle’s smile turned to nothing, something was on her mind. “Are you alright? It everything ok?” Drew asked.

“Yeah… It’s just, I thought we were taking a break for now.” Belle said softly.

“I agreed to that?” Drew said with a laugh.

“Well after the drug thing, I-“

“You still think the drugs were mine?” Drew said. Belle felt embaressed by suggesting that.

“I don’t know… But… We said we’ll take our relationship down a notch or two.” Belle said smiling at Drew, and he smiled back. They both knew they needed space from each other. Belle kissed him on the cheek as she said goodbye. As Drew went to give her a kiss he noticed something.

“Isn’t that your dress? The one you were drawing a few weeks ago?” Drew asked, staring at a model.

“Yeah… Amanda has made all my designs. This is going to be great for me, I can give myself a name in the fashion business.” Belle said with a gigantic smile.

As everyone began to find their seats before the show started, Tony was walking with a fast pace towards the front of the runway, as he took a sip out of his beer he bumped into a man.

“Oh sorry mate, didn’t mean to do that” Tony apoligized. As he looked up to the man’s face, he was surprised to see someone from his past standing in front of him, Dennis Gillian. “Dennis? What are you doing here?”

“Well, well, well… If it isn’t Tony Holden”. Dennis said, looking towards Hunter who was besides him. “Fancy you being here.”

“What are you doing here? Last time I saw you, you were thrown into jail.” Tony said, grinding through his teeth.

“I got a parole. I’m a changed man.” Dennis said with an evil smirk, Tony laughed with disgust.

“I would kill to see that day Dennis.” Tony said as he walked off. Hunter looked at Dennis with a surprised look.

“Isn’t that-?”

“Yeah, it is.” Dennis said, answering Hunter’s question before he could finish it.

“You knew he was living here didn’t you?” Hunter asked as Dennis smiled. “Don’t tell me we moved to this place because he’s here.”

“That’s just one of the reasons.” Dennis said sitting down. Hunter shook his head, he knew Dennis was going to get into trouble with the law by chasing after Tony Holden. He was scared of seeing Dennis thrown back into jail. As Hunter finished off his thoughts, the lights went down and the show began. The music pumped up and people began to cheer as Belle walked on. Dennis sat there with no smile, feeling hatred inside. Besides him, his son was feeling the complete opposite. Hunter stared towards Belle as if she was a “god” or something. Belle noticed Hunter and she smiled at him. She sharply turned around and walked back up the run way. As Belle walked backstage, she began to talk to Matilda who was about to go on.

”Is he there?” Matilda asked, talking about Hunter.

“Yes… He’s so hot, you can’t miss him” Belle said with a cheeky grin.

“You should go for him if you and Drew are finished.”

“Believe me, I will.” Belle said biting her lip. She walked over to the side and grabbed a glass of champagne. She took a massive gulp of it and gave the other half to Matilda. As Matilda finished the last drop she gave Belle a kiss on the cheek and took her turn on the runway. Belle sat down and looked around the changing rooms, overly excited that her dresses were being displayed on the runway, she knew that these designs were going to give her a name in the fashion business. Josie ran up to Belle, looking excited.

“Belle, the designs, they’re great!” Josie said talking a sip out of her champagne glass. “You’re really talented.”

“Thanks” Belle said.

“You do know that this is going to give you a name within the fashion industry, Belle, you’re about to be huge.” Josie said rubbing her shoulder. “First the face of Desire, now creating a line, I’m happy for you.”

“Thanks Josie…” As Belle walked off, Josie sculled the rest of her champagne and wiped an evil smirk off her face. As she turned around she noticed Amanda. They just stared towards each other. Amanda gave her a faint smile and Josie gave one back.

As the show finished, all the models lined up on the run way and Amanda, Josie, Leah and Dan walked onto the runway, all proud owners of Desire. As Dan and Amanda walked on first, Leah couldn’t help but feel jealous as she watched Amanda stroke his arm. Amanda began to talk, thanking everyone for viewing the line and coming. Belle, the face of Desire, stood next to Josie. As Josie stared out into the audience something caught her eye. Her smile turned to a face full of fear. As Amanda continued to talk, Josie couldn’t help but to stare back at this person, Dennis Gillian. Sitting in the crowed, Dennis noticed Josie up on the runway. He couldn’t help but laugh to himself, he can see from his seat that she’s scared of him. He knew he had her twisted around his little finger, but the question was what is their connection? Amanda began to take questions from the press as Josie continued to stare at Dennis and Leah gave an evil glare towards Amanda.

“This collection is fabulous. Are all these original Desire designs?” Asked a lady from a fashion magazine. Belle smiled, knowing that her dreams were about to come true, she was about to make a name for herself.

“Yes. These are all original Desire designs, which have all been put together over the last few weeks by me and other designers.” Amanda said with a smirk. Belle’s smile turned to sadness. Did she just hear Amanda right? Did Amanda just take credit for her designs? She couldn’t believe it, her own mother just stole her work.

Standing by herself, Belle began to feel angry inside. Taking a sip out of another champagne glass, Josie felt scared after seeing Dennis in the crowd. Sitting, watching Dan’s every move, Leah felt jealousy within her. She continued to watch as Amanda walked up towards Dan and gave him a kiss on the cheek. She began to feel furious inside. As everyone began to leave, Belle walked along the beach as she couldn’t stand to look Amanda in the eye after what she had just done. Josie covered herself with sunglasses and a scarf so that Dennis wouldn’t notice her leave. She thought he was gone form her life after he went to prison, she was wrong. Leah noticed Dan and Amanda leaving together. She had enough, she knew what she had to do… She had to continue spying on them. After spending ten minutes trying to find her handbag, Leah left the show and headed straight for Amanda’s.

Belle sat done, crying, not believing what Amanda had just done to her. Someone walked up to her and noticed she was crying, he put his hand around her for comfort. Belle smiled as she wiped away a tear.

“Is everything alright?” Hunter asked her.

“My mum just took all the credit for my designs… I’m no where near alright.” Belle said with a grunt.

“Wow… That’s, ugh… Well I don’t know what to say to that.” Hunter said with a chuckle.

“There’s nothing you can say.” Belle just stared into Hunter’s eyes, he smiled and gave her a kiss for comfort.

“What was that for?” Belle asked with a smile, her problems now vanishing after Hunter kissed her.

“I just felt like doing it.” Hunter said with a laugh, Belle laughed with him and kissed him back.

Amanda walked into the lounge room and noticed it was lighted up with candles. She let out a faint smile of excitement. She looked around the place and couldn’t see anyone.

“Hello?” Amanda asked.

“Hey Amanda.” Drew said emerging from the kitchen. Amanda looked shocked to see Drew standing there.

“Drew what are you doing here?” Amanda asked, looking surprised.

“I want to spend the night with you.” Drew said, rubbing Amanda’s shoulder. Amanda let out a faint smile. Drew had no idea that she was back with his father, Peter Baker. But she never told him, she let him kiss her, over and over again. She felt young being in another boy’s arms, slowly, they moved upstairs where things got a little… Physical. Downstairs, Leah slowly opened the door, though not noticing Drew and Amanda. As she noticed the lounge room full of candles, she knew something was going on. Upstairs she heard Amanda moaned, and then screamed.

“You Baker boys are so good in bed” Amanda finished off with a laugh… Leah sat on the lounge, upset. She now knew that Amanda and Dan were having an affair, Peter was in the city so he couldn’t be with her right now. She held back her tears as she moved towards the door. She accidently knocked over one of the candles which began to set the lounge room alight. Leah gasped and ran to the kitchen to get some water, but then she stopped and paused… She slowly walked out the back door, leaving the lounge room alight. This was payback she thought. Sparing herself any future pain, getting rid of Amanda was the best option, and lighting her house up while she’s inside was the best way possible. Little did she know that Amanda wasn’t with Dan, but in fact with Drew… Leah sat in her car as she watched the place go up in flames. Inside of the master bedroom, Amanda and Drew were not aware that the mansion was about to go up in smoke, with them inside it.

to be continued

Next Chapter: As the Vale Mansion goes up in flames, will Drew and Amanda survive and will Leah get her revenge? Josie and Dennis Gillian confront each other after all these years.

Archived