Desire & Despair

Guest Drew

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just think you sdhould post all the chapters of bay crush now, because I miss that

:P

Yeah, I think I will Rosie. I might post the next chapter tonight... In the meantime, here's the next chapter for Desire and Despair!

BELLE

I felt furious hearing my own mother taking credit for my work. I was upset, I felt rage inside me. How could she do this to me? Her own daughter? She took away one of the most important things to me, I had to get her back for it… That’s when I received a deal with a family friend… Should I pull away from Desire? And fulfill my dreams of becoming a fashion designer and owning my own fashion house?

Upstairs, slight moans came out of Amanda and Drew. Downstairs, the house was going up in smoke. As Drew rolled off Amanda breathing heavily they heard a noise from downstairs which caught their attention.

“What was that?” Asked Drew, still breathing heavily. Amanda’s eyes widen up as she thought Belle or Peter came home. As she slowly walked down the hallway towards the stairs, she stopped and gasped as she watched the lounge room was heated up with a fire. She rushed her hands down through her hair, they had no way out, the stairs were blocked by the fire. Drew raced over to her as he could smell smoke from the bedroom. When Drew noticed the fire, his face was full of shock. They stared at each other when they realized that there was no way out.

“What are we going to do?” Amanda said hysterically. “How are we going to get out?” As Amanda looked liked she was about to cry, Drew grabbed her hand and they headed towards Belle’s room.

“Why are going to Belle’s room?” Amanda asked scared as Drew closed the door.

“We can get out from here, I used to sneak in and out when you and dad were asleep.” Drew said opening the window. Amanda’s eyes practically popped out of her head. “Come on.” Drew said as he pulled Amanda towards the window. After a few short minutes, they reached the bottom, outside and Amanda called emergency. As Leah walked through the dark room of the Patterson house, she felt empty inside her. She just murdered Amanda and Dan because he cheated on her. As she walked into her bedroom and turned on the light, she was stunned to see what was lying in her bed, Dan. Leah glared at him for a few moments. She began to feel guilt inside of her. She just burnt down Amanda’s house because she thought he was having an affair with Dan, but she was wrong. Leah turned off the light as she began to wonder who Amanda was with. Dan was fast asleep… Maybe Peter came back from the city early? She thought… All she prayed for now, was that Amanda and her mystery Baker got out of the house ok. Little did she know, mystery Baker was her nephew, Drew.

CHAPTER TEN: The One Where Amanda’s House Burns Down

The next morning, Amanda stood outside, staring towards her burnt down mansion. Dennis came up to her and put his hand on her shoulder. Amanda tried to hold back her tears.

“Look at it… Everything Graham worked for… Gone.” Amanda said, beginning to walk down towards the mansion.

“Graham?” Asked Dennis confused.

“My dead sixty-five year old husband. He had a heart attack just before he made me signed divorce papers. Stupid bastard, thinks he can outsmart me.” Amanda said as they reached the front of the burnt house. Dennis looked at her very confused. He knew that she was a ‘devil’ inside, but a gold digger? Dennis couldn’t help but laugh. Dan and Leah entered the gates from the front of the property. As they began to walk to Dennis and Amanda, Dennis gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“I have to leave, I’m late for a meeting.” Dennis said as he walked off. As he walked past Leah and Dan, he gave them a faint smile. Leah couldn’t help but to feel guilty inside of her, though she was relieved that her one-time-enemy was alive. Dan gave Amanda a hug, which looked more then friendly.

“How are you?” Dan asked. Amanda looked upset.

“I’m just great… My house burnt down Dan, I’ll be living on the streets.” Amanda laughed to herself. “There’s no way I’ll be living on the streets, that’s for the messed up people in this town, I’m not messed up, I’m a millionaire. I’ll most likely end up staying at the Desire building.” Amanda said crossing her arms.

“You can stay at our place if you want, until you find a new home.” Leah suggested.

“Sure.” Amanda said with a smile.

“What?” Dan said shocked, not having any say in the decision.

“Dan, she just lost her home, she can stay with us, she’s family.” Leah said. She had to do this. She felt guilty inside, after all, this was her fault. As Leah walked back to the car, Dan and Amanda stared at each other.

“This is going to be great fun.” Amanda said giggling.

“Nothing is going to happen while Leah or the kids are at home, okay.” Dan said back with a smile, Amanda bit her lip and they walked up to the car.

Josie was walking along the beach with a takeaway coffee, she notices Dennis up ahead. She grunts and continues to walk, avoiding him… Which never worked.

“My, my, my… Josie Russell”. Dennis said with a cheeky grin.

“Dennis. Nice to see you again.” Josie said. “Shouldn’t you be in jail?” She asked.

“Should you be running a brothel?” Dennis said back with a laugh.

“I sold that business ages ago. I own part of a fashion house now.”

“Yeah, I noticed… Desire… It was a great show last night… Those models, where do you find them? Are they ex workers from the brothel?” Dennis said. Josie closed her eyes, she felt like she wanted to slap him.

“No… Dennis… What are you doing here?”

“I just came to visit my ex fiancée.”

“Cut the bull Dennis, we were never engaged, you never left that bitch Michelle, you stayed by her side.” Josie said getting angry.

“Well it’s the honest thing to do in a marriage. Not go running off and getting married to your mistress.”

“I was hardly a mistress, I loved you Dennis.” Josie said, beginning to sound upset.

“Sadly, all I felt was lust.” Dennis said with an evil smirk. Josie took in one deep breath and slapped him. “Oh, you did not just do that.” Dennis said.

“Leave me alone.” Josie said, grinding through her teeth.

“What are you going to do? Try and kill me, like you did when you tried to kill Michelle?” Dennis said. Josie laughed stupidly at her own past.

“So, how is Michelle?”

“I don’t know… You can’t exactly catch a taxi into heaven… Or in her case, hell.” Dennis said. Josie looked shocked.

“She’s dead?” Josie asked.

“She committed suicide a few months after we were sent to jail. She said she rather die because she couldn’t stand the fact of not getting her eyebrows waxed or her nails done.” Dennis said smartly.

“Wow… So how long have you been out now? Three, four years?” Josie asked.

“More like, three or four weeks.” Dennis said breathing hard.

“Four weeks? I heard you got parole in 2003?” Josie said.

“I did, and I was sent back into prison.” Dennis said putting his hands on his hips. “Well I have to go… I have a meeting to get to.” Dennis said coldly. “Maybe we can catch up sometime if you know what I mean?” He said with a wink. Josie shook her head in disgust,

“There is no way I’m getting back with you.” Josie said as she smiled and walked off. Dennis stood there, staring at her as she walked away. Fancy this he thought. Coming to a town where his whole past was. Peter, Belle, Josie, Tony… As he walked off with a smile, he knew his plans just got a whole lot bigger.

Amanda, Dan and Leah walked into the back door of the Patterson house with Amanda looking exhausted. Drew entered the kitchen and noticed her there.

“Amanda… What are you doing here?” Drew said with a smile.

“She’s going to be staying here until she finds a place.” Dan said walking into the lounge room.

“Here? But dad lives here… Isn’t there going to be a little bit of conflict between you two?” Drew asked, being kept in the dark that Amanda and Peter were now back together.

“Um Drew, they’re back together… The wedding is going ahead.” Leah said softly. Drew felt crushed. Did he just hear Leah right?

“What?” Drew said. Leah walked away as she thought it was best that Amanda told him the news. “Is this true?”

“We didn’t know how to tell you…” Amanda said.

“What about us?” Drew said in a whisper.

“Drew, there’s no us. What happened last night was a one night stand.” Amanda said whispering back. Drew felt totally crushed. His dad was now back together with the woman he was falling for.

“You slimy little hoar.” Drew said grinding through his teeth. Amanda felt hurt inside by what Drew just said. As they just stared at each other, Belle came through from the front door and walked into the kitchen.

“Drew, can I have a word with my mother?” Belle asked.

“Um… Sure.” Drew said, very confused as Belle came from nowhere. “I’m done with her anyway.” He said as he walked off. Amanda gave Belle a hug, as she needed someone to talk to.

“Don’t touch me!” Belle said moving away from Amanda.

“Darling. What’s wrong?” Amanda said confused, Belle laughed as she couldn’t believe what Amanda just said.

“You’re unbelievable you know that!” Belle said. “How could you? How dare you use my designs and take credit for them… Do you have any idea how long I worked on them? How much they meant to me? And then they get credited off as yours!” Belle said. Amanda still looked confused. “You have no idea what I’m on about do you?” Belle said.

“No… I don’t, can’t you explain-“

“Last night after the show and you took questions from the press, you credited my designs as yours, not mine. Do you have any idea how much that hurts?” Belle said emotional. Amanda didn’t realize that she said it, she felt sorry for Belle. She apologized, but Belle didn’t seem convinced. Belle stormed out crying. Amanda sat at the table, beginning to cry as well. It was all too much for Amanda.

As Belle continued to cry all the way down to the beach, she saw Josie sitting down. She walked up to her. Josie was having a long hard thought about her place at Desire and her position in Peter’s life. She was sick of Amanda and she needed Peter. She needed to break them away and break away from Desire fast. As Belle sat next to her, Josie gave her a hug.

“Is everything alright?” Josie asked, sounding concerned.

“I’m still cut over last night, how Amanda took the credit for my designs.” Belle said upset. Josie gasped.

“She’s a lying little witch isn’t she?” Josie said. Belle stared towards Josie. “I’m sick of her games and I’m sick of the way she’s using us. We need to do something that will bring down Desire and bring her down.

“What are you talking about?” Belle asked.

“With your designs and mine, we’ll over power Desire. Without us, Amanda has nothing… I’m going to break away and form my own fashion house… Are you with me?” Josie asked. Belle stared at her quizzically, she was confused to where to go. Bring down her mothers company and form her own? Or stick with blood? Belle was extremely hurt by Amanda’s betrayal. Will she break away from Desire?

to be continued

NEXT CHAPTER: As Belle gives an answer to Josie’s proposal, Beth pushes Matilda way over the edge that Matilda makes a proposal to Ric that will cause Beth great heartache. And as everyone prepares for the hens night and bucks night, Josie prepares a videotape that will destroy Amanda Vale.

Archived