Desire & Despair

Guest Drew

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DENNIS

All my life I grew up in a family full of lust, betrayal, deceit and violence. I was taught to do the wrong things in life. I’ve paid for those mistakes within jail, though now that I’m out from that place, it’s time I go back into my old roots and do what I always did best… Though all this time planning my revenge, I’m about to find them shattered. With enemies from my past, nothing will go the way I mapped out.

Amanda ran frantically up and down the dining room of the Vale mansion. She was doing the finishing touches on the table as she was expecting company tonight, visitors of her new neighbours, the Gillians. Upstairs, Belle did her finishing touches on her face. She needed everything right to impress the boy across the road. With her relationship with Drew on shaky ground, she thought this was the perfect opportunity just to have some fun with someone else. As she sat down on the bed, looking at herself in the mirror, she began to think about what she saw this morning. Dennis Gillian standing besides Hunter, the guy she was trying to impress. She was confused to why he was there, and why he’s in the Bay. Belle never liked it when her past came back to haunt her, though it’s going to be tough with her past now across the road. As Peter finished doing his tie within his bedroom he stared out into the window, thinking about Josie, thinking about the loss of his unborn baby and thinking about the one man that has it in for him, Dennis Gillian. As everybody finished getting themselves ready, the door bell rang. Amanda raced to the door with a huge smile on her face, greeting the man who helped her murder Rachel’s baby. Hearing the doorbell from upstairs, Belle began to feel sick inside, she was about to come face to face with Dennis. She thought he was long gone from her life, though she was wrong. As Peter walked down the stairs to greet his new neighbours, he paused once he reached the bottom. As Dennis walked inside, along with Hunter and Holly, Peter couldn’t help but stare with his mouth wide open. The man that’s after him, lives across the road…

CHAPTER EIGHT: The One Where They’re Scared, Deep Inside

Rachel laid fast asleep in her hospital bed, passed out from the drugs that were given to her to help her stay alive from the poison. Leah sat beside her, holding Rachel’s hand as she slept. Leah looked extremely upset. How was she going to break the news to Rachel that she just lost her baby? Well that moment has now arrived. Slowly, Rachel began to wake up and noticed Leah besides her.

“Leah?” Rachel muttered. “What am I doing at the hospital?” Leah took a deep breath, trying to keep her sadness away from Rachel. “Is everything ok?” Rachel asked.

“Rachel…” Spoke Leah. As Rachel heard the comforting tone that Leah used, she immediately knew what happened.

“Oh god… No, no, no, no.” Rachel said emotionally.

“Rachel, I’m so sorry.” Leah said, beginning to cry.

“No, I couldn’t of lost the baby. It was so young. It was innocent-“

“Rachel, just calm down” Leah said.

“I’m not going to calm down…” As Rachel paused for a moment, a thought struck through her head. “Oh my god.”

“What…?” Leah asked.

“Leah… Can you go. Please.” Rachel said softly. Leah just stared at her. “Leah! I said go!” Rachel said beginning to raise her voice extremely upset. Leah felt shattered, she wanted to be there for her friend. But then again Rachel needed to deal with this in her own way. As Leah exited, Rachel began to break down in her bed.

As Peter stayed in his same frozen position, Dennis, Hunter and Holly entered the room. Amanda had a huge grin on her face she couldn’t hide as she greeted Dennis’ kids.

“Hi, I’m Amanda.” Amanda said kissing Hunter’s cheek. As they walked into the center of the room, Amanda shut the door and couldn’t wipe the grin off her face.

“Guys, this is Peter, my fiancée.” Amanda said looking towards Peter. As they all turned towards Peter, Dennis couldn’t help but to stare at him, and Peter stared back. Peter was confused, yet shocked. This couldn’t be true. How the hell could Dennis move across the road from him? He thought. Dennis didn’t want to arise any suspicion so he greeted Peter as if he never knew him. As the silence between them two stayed, Amanda, Holly and Hunter began talking.

“So, what do you guys do for a living?” Amanda asked sitting down.

“Well I’m a photographer, and she’s… Well she’s a bludger.” Said Hunter smiling.

“I’m not a bludger, I just don’t have a job.” Holly said with a grin.

“A photographer… Photographer for what exactly?” Amanda said biting her lip. As the three continued their conversation, Peter pulled Dennis into the kitchen without anyone knowing. As Peter closed the door he then slammed Dennis softly up against the wall.

“What the hell do you think you’re playing at?” Peter asked, still pinning him against the wall.

“Now, now Peter. Let’s play nice.” Dennis said calmly.

“You make me sick… You’ve got some nerve moving across the road from me. Really, you do! You think you can do that to scare me, you have another thing coming.” Peter said threatening him. Deep down inside though, he was scared. The one person he was afraid of is now living in the same town as him. As Dennis stared into his eyes, he bought Peter’s threats. Dennis knew that Peter had a lot of power, but then again, so did he.

“What are you going to do?” Dennis said with a cheeky grin.

“You’re on parole mate so I wouldn’t try anything.” Peter said letting go of him.

“Wouldn’t try anything? Peter… I’ve changed.” Said Dennis with a laugh. Peter felt disgusted when Dennis said that.

“I don’t by your bull Dennis. I really don’t. I want you out of here.”

“Amanda wouldn’t want me to go so quickly Peter, I only just got here… After all, we’ve became quite close since I moved here.” Dennis said with a wink as he walked back into the kitchen. Peter leaned against the wall. He was scared. He was terrified. He didn’t know what to do. As Dennis sat down on the lounge, Hunter couldn’t get a childish smile off his face.

“What are you so happy about?” Dennis said not sounding too impressed.

“Amanda just offered me a job at Desire as a photographer. Eight grand a week. That’s like less then a quarter with what I get now.”

“Wow… That’s very generous.” Dennis said.

“I just wanted to help your kids out, after everything you’ve done for me.” Amanda said.

“Yeah, she’s offered me a job as a model… Isn’t that great?” Said Holly.

“…Yeah.” Dennis said not sounding happy. Upstairs, Belle finally had the courage to walk down the stairs and face the man she’s been avoiding all these years. As she saw him, he noticed her. He felt surprised and so did she. They’ve come face to face after all this time. None of them looked happy though. How bad could their past be together?

Rachel sat in a shadowy corner of her hospital room, weeping. She has just lost her baby, no words could have explained what she was feeling. As the time passed by, Rachel had cried about a thousand tears. As she got herself up something had sparked in her mind. Rachel had a flashback to last night, just before when she was poisoned, when she read the note on the table. After remembering the note over and over again, Rachel finally put the pieces together and realized that this was done on purpose, someone had poisoned her to kill the baby. Rachel felt sick inside, she couldn’t believe a person could be that low. Feeling sick inside and full of anger, Rachel began to trash her hospital room. Crying and screaming, all she was feeling was pain. She had no one there to comfort her in this time of need. She just wanted the baby back, but that has now become impossible. As Rachel slowly feel to the ground, inside herself, she thought and knew that she needed to get revenge. Someone was going to pay.

As the six of them finished dinner, Belle walked away taking her plate to the kitchen, not saying a word. Hunter began to notice her silence and knew something fishy was going on. Peter was also remaining quiet at the table, just staring at Dennis who couldn’t help but smile back at Peter. Dennis got up and walked into the kitchen, also with his plate, so he can talk to Belle. As he began to talk, he gave Belle a fright.

“What are you doing here?” Belle asked with a whisper.

“What are you doing here? Last time I saw you, you said you were planning to move into the city.”

“Yeah, well things changed... I can’t believe you would show up here, after everything that happened between us.” Belle said pulling Dennis towards the other end of the kitchen.

“I never knew you were going to be here.”

“Oh yeah, I’m sure that’s right… I never knew you had kids.” Belle said folding her arms.

“I never remember you asking me.”

“He’s kinda cute… Hunter.” Belle said with a smile.

“Don’t you dare think about going there with him.” Dennis said beginning to threaten her.

“I’m sorry but I can chase whoever I want.” Belle said moving away from Dennis. Dennis grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

“When you’re dealing with my family you wont.”

“I wouldn’t touch me if I were you… You wouldn’t want me to tell Hunter everything now would you?” Dennis sighed and let Belle go. She smiled and walked off. Dennis sat down, he felt defeat inside of him. He was scared of her threats, yet again, she was sacred of his.

Rachel had her head burried in her lap as she continued to cry. The room was still a mess from before. She couldn’t live on… She couldn’t find the courage. She’s never experienced something like this before, she didn’t expect it. But then again, why would she? As she continued to cry, someone opened the door and let themselves in. Rachel looked up with a faint smile, it was Peter.

“What are you doing here?” Rachel said softly.

“I was going to visit you before after I heard, though I was held up… We have some visitors over at the moment but I couldn’t stand them.” Peter said sitting down next to her as she let out a chuckle.

“Why? Who were they?” Rachel asked.

“You wouldn’t know him, he just moved in the other week, Dennis Gillian.” As Peter finished answering Rachel’s question, Rachel’s emotions all of a sudden disappeared.

“I know Dennis… Well kind of, his car broke down so he used my phone… Seemed like a good man… What’s wrong with him?” Rachel asked.

“Nothing… It doesn’t matter.” Peter said putting an arm around Rachel for comfort. There were a few minutes of silence and then Rachel spoke again.

“I know this sounds really dumb or stupid… But someone did this on purpose.” Rachel said beginning to get upset again.

“What do you mean? Poisoning you?” Asked Peter very curious.

“…Just before I had a drink, I found a note and it said something like ‘I’m sorry Rachel. But it’s for the best’… Peter, someone is out there to get me… I know it.” Rachel said trying to get the idea in Peter’s head. Peter felt shocked by her revelation and thought maybe this was done on purpose. Maybe someone did set out to kill Rachel and the baby. And then the thought crossed into his mind… Maybe it was Amanda. But it couldn’t of been, he thought to himself. Amanda wouldn’t do something like that… Yes she was upset when she found out about the pregnancy but she wouldn’t go that far… Oh, how wrong Peter Baker was.

to be continued

Next Chapter:

As the next fashion show heats up, affairs continue, threats are made, lies are told, and two lives are on the line, caused by an act of revenge.

Dennis is hunting alot more then just Peter. There's more to Dennis I haven't expressed yet because of all the stories at the moment. But I guess one of the people he's hunting is Jack, why do you think he ran him down in the first chapter? :lol:

I like Dennis, so I'm going to check out your fic :lol:

Archived