Desire & Despair

Guest Drew

I finally have the internet back :D which means D&D updates :P It's been awhile since the last one, so hopefully no one is lost. For a quick summary of the last chapter... Amanda's house burnt down with her and Drew escaping, feeling guilty, Leah let Amanda stayed at their house after realizing she wasn't having the affair with Dan. Josie and Dennis argue about their past. Belle and Amanda argue over the designs issue which led to Belle getting an offer from Josie, to bring down Amanda... Now the story continues.

MATILDA

I always thought in life that my mother would be my best friend, the one person I can lean on when I’m down. I learnt that this wouldn’t be the case. My mother is a control freak, she tries to ruin my life, can’t she see that I’m happy? Moving out was the best decision I’ve made since joining Desire. But after another brawl with my mother I have now realized how important the ones you love are, and you should do anything before you lose that love…

Belle continued to stare into Josie’s eyes, with a dilemma forming inside her. Josie had just given her a deal which will break herself away from the pain of her mother. She had a tough choice to make. Leave Desire, or stay at Desire. Belle knew Amanda would be upset when she finds out that Belle would be leaving the company to form her own, that’s when she realized what she was going to do. As she continued to stare at Josie, Josie held her hand for comfort. Josie was hoping that Belle accepted the offer. Josie had to act fast because Peter and Amanda are being married tomorrow.

“Well?” Josie said with a smile.

“As tempting as it sounds… I can’t do it Josie.” Belle said. Josie felt hurt inside her, she wasn’t going to get her revenge and she wasn’t going to get Peter.

“But why? Think about all the pain she’s caused you.” Josie said.

“Josie, they were only designs… I should have a long and mature talk to Amanda about it… After all she is my mother, I can’t do that to my own flesh and blood.” Belle said as she got up and walked away. Josie just sat there, devastated. Josie watched Belle as she walked up the beach and noticed Drew running up towards Belle. Josie smiled and a thought just crossed into her mind…

CHAPTER ELEVEN: The One With Matilda’s Proposal

Matilda glided down the stairs of the Summer Bay House, as she pondered into the kitchen she noticed Ric lying on the lounge reading a magazine. She smiled and jumped on him, giving Ric a few short seconds of pain.

“Argh! What are you trying to do? Kill me?” Ric said with a smile. Matilda shook her head and gave him a kiss.

“What are you up to today?” Matilda asked.

“Nothing… Sally’s gone out so we have the place all to ourselves.” Ric said with a smirk as he gave Matilda a kiss.

“Well I’m not going to be here for long.” Matilda says pulling away. “I’m going over to Belle’s to get ready for the hens night tonight.” Ric rested his head on the lounge in disappointment.

“That’s right… Well I guess I can have some fun at the bucks night. Drink until I’m pissed, maybe get it on with one of the strippers.” Ric said with a cheeky smile, Matilda’s mouth dropped as she hit him across the head. She stared into his eyes and gave him a kiss. After a few kisses things began to get a little heavy between the two and one thing led onto another. Thirty minutes have passed and they were now nearly naked.

“Maybe we should move this upstairs?” Ric said with a smile. As Matilda gave him a smile back, there was a knock at the door, someone there to see Matilda.

“Hello? Matilda?” The woman said entering the house. Matilda was in a state of shock, her mother had just walked into the house where she and her boyfriend are almost naked. Ric popped his head up from the lounge as he noticed Beth’s face. Beth noticed him and noticed the position he was in. Beth’s mouth dropped in disgust. She just caught her daughter about to go down on her boyfriend.

“What the hell is this!?” Beth screamed throwing her handbag on the floor. Matilda got up as she quickly put her top on. “What is this?! Matilda! You’re sixteen!” Beth cried in anger.

“I’m seventeen next month!”

“That does not make any difference young lady! Here I thought Sally was going to keep an eye on you, but obviously she’s letting you do whatever you wish!” Beth said moving towards Matilda. Ric wasn’t facing Beth, he was too scared to look her in the eyes.

“Pack your bags, you’re coming home!” Beth ordered. Matilda didn’t move an inch.

“I’m not going nowhere!” Matilda screamed back.

“I am your mother Matilda! And I will not let you run around like a slut!” Matilda seemed emotional after hearing what her mother just called her. She couldn’t say anything back and all she did was run up the stairs. Ric began to chase after her, yet when he passed Beth he gave her a death stare.

“You have no right to call her that!” He grinned through his teeth.

“And you have no right to take away my daughter’s innocence. I will not let you!” Beth said. Ric let out a grin and laughed back,

“It’s a little too late for that.” He gave her one last glance as he ran up the stairs. Beth stood there upset, she was trying to protect her daughter yet everything gets thrown in her face… Beth had no idea what was around the corner.

Belle and Drew walked out the surf club with juices. Belle began to tell Drew all about her new boyfriend, Hunter Gillian. Drew smiled inside, he felt happy for her, he didn’t feel any jealousy inside of him. As they sat on the sands of the beach and stared into the ocean, the conversation moved onto Amanda. Belle felt like she couldn’t go home after what Amanda had done to her, she couldn’t face her again. She was angry at her.

“Would you be going to the hens night tonight?” Drew asked. Belle let out a smile of excitement.

“Of course I am. Booze and strippers, it’s going to be a perfect night, even if the night is for my mother.” Belle said.

“You should make up with her… This time tomorrow we’re going to be a family and-“ Drew stopped after realizing what he had just said. Amanda and Belle were now joining into his family, Amanda, the same one he has a crush on yet she stomped on him after she had no use for him anymore. He felt crushed and upset inside. He was going to move into the same house as her, he couldn’t do that, he couldn’t live with the woman he has a crush on that his father just married.

“Drew, are you ok?” Belle asked as Drew stared into space. He got up and began to walk off. “Drew!? Drew!?”

“I’m sorry Taylor, I just need to go, I just remembered I forgot something for tonight.” Drew continued to run off. He felt like he was about to breakdown. Belle just stared into the ocean, confused with what just happened. Drew was right though, she should make up with Amanda. After all, she’s family.

Ric walked down the stairs, finishing buttoning up his shirt. As he walked into the living room he found Matilda sitting on the lounge. She was staring into space and she didn’t look happy. He sat down next to her and gave her a hug.

“You can’t let her get to you.” Ric said as he kissed her on the cheek.

“I’m not.” Matilda said. “Believe me, I’m not.” She said with a smile.

“What does that mean?” Ric asked confused.

“She has no control over me what so ever. She can’t tell me what I can and can’t do in life.” Matilda smiled as she looked into Ric’s eyes. “And I love you, a lot.” Matilda said.

“And I love you too.” Ric said kissing her.

“Marry me.” Matilda said with a huge grin. Ric was surprised, did he just hear her right?

“Sorry?” Ric said with a laugh.

“Marry me Ric. I love you so much and I don’t want what we have torn apart. So will you?” Matilda said emotional. Ric scratched his head, still in shock.

“Are you only doing this just to get back at your mother?” Ric asked. Matilda shook her head and smiled. As she stared into his eyes she gave him a passionate kiss. Hoping that he will say yes.

Amanda sat on her bed in the Patterson guest bedroom, on the phone. Amanda was being blackmailed by one of the workers at Desire. They discovered a secret about Amanda and are threatening to take Amanda to the police so she’ll be locked behind bars. Little did Amanda know, on the other line was Josie. Josie laughed inside herself when she heard Amanda panicking. This was exactly what Josie wanted, she wanted Amanda scared… And she wanted her gone. As Amanda hanged up and cried softly, she needed to give this ‘worker’ fifty thousand dollars tonight by a cheque. She panicked, she doesn’t have that sort of money, Amanda was going broke. She walked out of the guest bedroom and entered the loungeroom, fixing up her hair. Peter walked in from the kitchen and gave her a kiss.

“Hey beautiful.” Peter said embracing her. Amanda weakly smiled.

“Are you ready for tonight?” Amanda asked.

“Yeah, there’s not too much to organize. What time are you going to the surf club?” Peter asked as he sat down.

“Soon.” Amanda said as she sat next to Peter.

“Can you believe this time tomorrow we’ll be married?” Peter said with a huge excited grin. Amanda smiled and nodded as she answered Peter’s question. As she turned away her fake smile turned to sadness. At this moment she just realized her true feelings for Peter Baker. Was she getting cold feet?

Josie took a sip out of her champagne glass and placed it down as she continued to play around with photos on the computer. She smiled weakly as she hoped that this plan would work, that this would ruin Peter and Amanda’s relationship. As she downloaded the photos to a videotape, she placed it into her television and watched what she just created. Smiling softly inside her, Josie was pleased with what she’s done. She continued to stare at the photos of Amanda with Dan and Amanda with Drew, Peter’s brother and son. The question was, what was she going to do with the tape?

to be continued

As the hens and bucks night heats up, a favourite is robbed, Drew remembers being drugged, Beth flips when she hears Matilda’s news, Tony and Dennis argue about their past and Josie’s plan goes into action, but will Peter watch the tape?

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived