Desire & Despair

Guest Drew

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow great update Drew. Beth is so annoying yet at the same time I can see why she freaked out, I'd be disturbed to walk in on anyone about to go down on someone...let alone my own daughter! Love all the drama though, can't wait for the wedding.

Thanks for the replies EVERYONE Glad you liked it! Here's the 12th Chapter!

JOSIE

This time tomorrow night I could be the happiest person in Summer Bay. If my plan works, Peter and Amanda would be no more, and I would have revenge on my arch enemy, Amanda Vale. Everyone’s future is now in the hands of this videotape, everyone’s relationship will be torn or created by this tape, everyone’s fate will soon be expressed. It all comes down to Peter Baker, will he watch the videotape?

As Josie quietly shut the door of her car, she sneakily walked into the bucks party at the Patterson Baker house. Creeping through the back door, no one was around to be seen. Josie smiled and placed the tape on the table. As she was about to leave, Peter caught her in the middle of his eye.

“Josie. What are you doing here? I thought you’ll be at the surf club?” Peter said with a smile. Josie stared into those blue eyes of Peter Baker’s, feeling her heart skip a beat. Peter stared at her, not noticing the tape on the table.

“I… I thought the hens was here… Obviously I was wrong.” Josie said with a chuckle, Peter replied with a laugh.

“Well I’ll see you tomorrow at the wedding then.” Peter said giving her a kiss on the cheek. Josie smiled back as Peter walked back into the party.

“That’s if there will be a wedding.” She said in a whisper. As Josie turned and closed the back door of the Patterson-Baker house, all she could hope for now, was that Peter watches the tape.

CHAPTER 12: The One With That Videotape

The party began to heat up at the Surf Club as the girls began to arrive. Belle walked in, looking for one person only, her mother, Amanda Vale. She noticed Amanda sipping on a glass of champagne, talking to Leah. She smiled and walked towards Amanda, but was then stopped by Matilda.

“Matilda… Hi.” Belle said smiling. Matilda looked towards Belle and she didn’t look so happy. “Matilda, is everything ok?” Belle asked.

“Would we be able to talk? It’s about Ric.” Matilda said bluntly.

“Ugh… Sure… Just after I speak to Amanda, alright?” Belle said. Matilda nodded as she walked off. Matilda sat on a chair and sighed, waiting for her own mother to arrive. As Belle approached Amanda, Amanda seemed happy to see Belle.

“Belle, darling. I thought you weren’t going to make it.” Amanda said with a huge grin as she hugged her.

“Yeah… Well Drew made me realize something today, and it’s not worth fighting over.” Belle said.

“You spoke to Drew?” Amanda asked softly.

“Yeah… I’m just sorry for the way I reacted earlier, about the designs… I know you have a lot on your plate with the whole wedding and all which was probably the reason you took credit without realizing.” Belle said. Amanda’s eyes widened and began to comfort Belle.

“Oh… Of course… Like I said darling, I didn’t even notice I took credit… Just a lot on my mind.” Amanda said as she smiled at Belle. “So what did Drew say? To make you forgive me?” Amanda asked. Belle stared into space as she tried to think.

“Actually, now that I think about it, he hardly said anything… Just that we’re going to be married into their family or something then he paused and ran off after mentioning your name.” Belle said sitting down. Amanda seemed shocked.

“Me?” Amanda asked. As she turned her head for a moment, she began to realize that maybe she did hurt Drew’s feelings. She felt sick inside herself. This relationship with Drew should of never of happened. She felt guilty inside. As Amanda sat down and took a sip out of her champagne, Beth arrived and noticed Matilda sitting by herself. She sighed and walked up to her.

“Is it alright if I sit with you?” Beth said sitting down. “Matilda, is everything alright?” Beth asked.

“Yeah… Everything is just great.” Matilda said turning away.

“Matilda, what’s wrong? You can tell me?” Beth said touching her hand. This was exactly what Matilda wanted in her relationship with Beth, someone she can talk to about things, Matilda sighed and then smiled.

“I proposed to Ric…” Matilda said softly, Beth’s face scrunched up with shock.

“You what!? What did he say?!” Beth said trying to keep her voice down.

“…He said yes.” Matilda said with a faint smile. She tried to look at Beth, but she couldn’t. Guilt was holding her back. Beth sat there crushed and shocked.

“Matilda, you can’t be serious, you’re seventeen!” Beth said.

“You were that age when you married dad.”

“Exactly, and look where our marriage headed. We were only together for a few months before we married because I was pregnant with Scott. I didn’t know the man well enough, I thought I did, but I was wrong, he cheated on me Matilda!” Beth said with a cry.

“That doesn’t mean Ric is going to do the same.” Matilda said backing herself up. Beth shook her head in disbelief.

“There is no way in hell that you’re going to marry that boy, I’m not going to let you.”

“You can’t tell me what I can and can’t do.” Matilda screamed, raising her voice so the whole party can hear.

“You are not going to marry Ric, over my dead body!” Beth said. Everyone stood frozen as they watched Matilda and Beth argue.

“You’re getting married?” Belle said with a smile. Amanda ran up to Beth to cool the argument down.

“Beth, please, this is my hens night.” Amanda said.

“And this is my daughter’s life! Which has been pretty much gone downhill since she started working for you!”

“My life is not going downhill! It’s been the best in years!” Matilda said. Beth was upset, about to cry. She picked up her handbag and walked away. At that moment, Amanda’s phone rang and Belle began to comfort Matilda.

“Hello?” Amanda said in a whisper. She paused when she heard the man’s voice. “Yes, I’ve got the money, it’s in my purse now, when are you coming by to pick it up?” Amanda looked around as she opened her purse which had a cheque in it. “Tomorrow!? Tomorrow is my wedding day! Can’t you pick it up now?” Amanda said beginning to panic. She sighed and hanged up the phone. She began to cry inside, a deal that she made was about to go through on her wedding day. As she rested up against the wall, everyone began to cheer and the music got louder. Amanda turned around to see the commotion and noticed a stripper walking into the bar. Amanda smiled with glee and everything which just happened in the last few minutes, erased from her mind. She threw her purse on the lounge and walked over to the stripper.

As the blokes began to settle in at the party at the Patterson-Baker house, Tony and Lucas entered by the back door. Lucas saw Ric and Drew up ahead and walked over to them. Tony was greeted by Dan and grabbed himself a drink, only to be disturbed by someone from his past, Dennis Gillian. Tony stared at him with frustration, yet all Dennis could do was smile back and give him a childish wave. Tony shook his head in a form of disgust as Dennis walked up to him.

“Well, well. We meet again.” Dennis said sarcastically.

“What do you want?” Tony asked, not sounding happy.

“Can’t family catch up with each other?” Dennis said with a laugh.

“I would hardly call you and I family.” Tony said grinding through his teeth. Dennis just stared at him and laughed with pity.

“How long has it been? Fifteen? Sixteen years? Not counting the other day when I saw you” Dennis asked Tony.

“Sixteen, going onto seventeen. The last time I saw your dirty little smug face was the day Katie… You know.” Tony said.

“Ah yes. The day we said goodbye to your dear wife.” Dennis said not giving Tony any sympathy. “I notice you’re with a new lady… Who is she?”

“Beth… Don’t you think about going anywhere near her.”

“Why would I? How do you think Katie would react if she heard you were with a new bird?” Dennis said with a cheeky grin.

“She’s not here anymore, so it doesn’t matter.” Tony said resting up against the wall.

“Oh I think it would matter.” Dennis said, breathing heavily up against Tony. From behind, Peter interrupted their conversation.

“What are you doing here Gillian?” Peter said with his arms crossed. Dennis slowly turned around to face Peter.

“Amanda invited me, after all, we’re good friends.” Dennis said with a wink. Peter shook his head and sighed.

“Just leave, I don’t want you here.”

“Fine… You’ll get what’s coming to you sooner or later.” Dennis whispered in Peter’s ear. As he walked off, Peter grabbed his arm and punched Dennis in the face. Everyone around stopped and looked at the commotion.

“Dad, what the hell’s wrong with you?” Drew said emerging from the crowed.

“Big mistake Peter.” Dennis said, picking himself off the ground with a bloody nose. As he walked off, Peter began to breathe heavily.

“What was all that about?” Tony asked. Peter just ran his hands through his hair and walked off. Drew goes to talk to Peter but he stops when he sees something rather disturbing. Drew notices Lucas in the corner of the room, popping in some pills. Drew gasped and all of a sudden he got flashbacks from the night he busted Lucas and he now realized that Lucas drugged him and they were Lucas’ drugs in his pocket… The drugs which spilt he and Belle apart. Drew felt anger inside, his own friend was the cause of his breakup with Belle. As Drew walked into his room, he shut the door and felt like he was going to breakdown. Everything around him was falling apart. And tomorrow, nothing in his life will be the same.

The music stopped pumping as the stripper finished off his job. Amanda couldn’t contain herself and she was like a rash all over him. As the stripper picked up his clothes to go change, Josie pondered up to her with a glass of wine.

“My, my, my. Someone can’t stay in control.” Josie said with a smile.

“Well I do have a right to have fun before I’m married.” Amanda said with a laugh. As she walked off Josie finished her wine with a deep gulp.

“Well sometimes a little fun will go a long way, you dirty hoar.” Josie said in a whisper. Amanda walked over to her purse to get out something, but she paused when she noticed, her purse was gone. Amanda just felt like she was hit by a bus, all her money had just been stolen. She slowly looked around the room, seeing if anyone had a guilty look on their face. She then realized it was the stripper. He threw the jacket over her purse when he arrived, he stole the money. Amanda sat down, about to cry. She needed that money for tomorrows deal. She felt devastated, she was about to lose her company. In the background, Josie smiled as she noticed Amanda’s reaction. Josie was pleased with what she accomplished. She’s about to tear Desire down. She didn’t feel guilt inside her for calling a fake stripper to steal from Amanda. All she hoped for now was for Peter to watch the tape.

As Peter walked through all the rubbish on the floor, at one in the morning. He went to the fridge to get himself a beer, nervous for the day ahead of him. As he closed the fridge and opened the beer he noticed the tape on the kitchen table. He looked at it confused and picked it up, he noticed the tag which read “Peter”. Peter placed it in the VCR and sat down and pressed play… Within those few first seconds, Peter dropped his beer, disgusted in what he saw…

to be continued

NEXT CHAPTER: The big day arrives, yet this day will be a day no one will forget. Drew confronts Lucas about the drugs and who steals from a family member? Peter is extremely upset with Amanda’s deception and Amanda realizes her true feelings for Peter. Will the wedding go ahead? But nothing will prepare anyone for the ultimate shock which will crush the community.

Amazing update.

Man, the people in this town will do anything to get what they want. LOL.

I'm very intrigued about Tony and Dennis' relationship and how they know each other. And the conversation about Katie; Tony's dead wife. Did she know the Gillian's too? Is she related to the Gillian's? Hmmm; so many questions.

Can't wait for the next update.

Thanks guys for the replies!

Yup, the wedding is next. :o It takes part over Chapter's 13 & 14.

I'm very intrigued about Tony and Dennis' relationship and how they know each other. And the conversation about Katie; Tony's dead wife. Did she know the Gillian's too? Is she related to the Gillian's? Hmmm; so many questions.

Their relationship will be revealed later on down the track, and it also involves the deceased Katie, and dare I say it... Jack :P

Their relationship will be revealed later on down the track, and it also involves the deceased Katie, and dare I say it... Jack

Now this i cant wait for :D Is Dennis Jack's real daddy, and Dennis and Kate had an affair and conceived Jacky boy, but Tony doesnt know that??? :P But then why would Dennis try kill Jack :unsure:

Archived