Which bands or artists have you seen?

Guest TabbyCool

I went to Chris Brown and Rihanna's concert in Wellington on Wednesday night. Sell-out gig! The fourteen year-old girls in high heels and short skirts were beyond annoying, though <_<

Nevertheless, it was the best night of my life. My sister's too. Since the show, I have decided to marry Rihanna. And I mean that in the least obsessive way possible :P

I'm going to the one in Melbourne on Tuesday night, so excited! It sounds so good :D

Oh, you have no idea! You're gonna love it. I preferred Rihanna over Chris Brown, but I think any red-blooded male would feel the same :P Rihanna looks EXACTLY like she does on TV. They both do. They're really great performers! Let me know how you liked it.

The last band I saw this year was Westlife at Croke Park in Dublin with 82 500 other people in June I've seen Backstreet Boys 5 times (last time in April of this year), Westlife 7 times. And believe it or not I've been to a Britney Spears concert, I dunno why but. been to a few awards shows as well.

I'd go to her concert if she ever came to NZ :D

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to Chris Brown and Rihanna's concert in Wellington on Wednesday night. Sell-out gig! The fourteen year-old girls in high heels and short skirts were beyond annoying, though <_<

Nevertheless, it was the best night of my life. My sister's too. Since the show, I have decided to marry Rihanna. And I mean that in the least obsessive way possible :P

I'm going to the one in Melbourne on Tuesday night, so excited! It sounds so good :D

Oh, you have no idea! You're gonna love it. I preferred Rihanna over Chris Brown, but I think any red-blooded male would feel the same :P Rihanna looks EXACTLY like she does on TV. They both do. They're really great performers! Let me know how you liked it.

Oh my God, that was the best concert I've ever been to! We weren't right up the front but we were pretty close. They both have so much energy! Oh boy can Chris dance! Rihanna was amazing too, I knew all her songs, but there was a few CB ones I didn't know. I'm still on such a high, it was so much fun! :D

Some pics...

DSCF0248-1.jpgDSCF0243-1.jpg

DSCF0275-1.jpg

DSCF0287-1-1.jpg

Oh my God, that was the best concert I've ever been to! We weren't right up the front but we were pretty close. They both have so much energy! Oh boy can Chris dance! Rihanna was amazing too, I knew all her songs, but there was a few CB ones I didn't know. I'm still on such a high, it was so much fun! :D

Some pics...

DSCF0275-1.jpg

DSCF0287-1-1.jpg

Your so lucky i wanted to go to that.

One of my favourite gigs [ever] has to be Andrew Lloyd Webbers Birthday In The Park in Septmber of 2008. It was amazing - all the major west end singers were there [some broadway ones] and some who were new on the scene. Here's a few names we saw;

- Elaine Paige

- John Barrowman [presented it]

- Andrew Lloyd Webber [duh]

- Julian Lloyd Webber

- DANIEL BOYS :wub:

- Lee Meade

- Jodie Prenger

- Jessie Buckley

- Idina Menzel

- Maria Friedman

- Rydian [bleuch!]

- Jason Donovan

- cantremembereveryoneelse

Other gigs I really enjoyed;

- Altan

- The Chieftains

- Proms In the Park seeing Bjorn Again this year & all the others

- Party In The Park for 3 years; Tom Jones, Gareth Gates, Will Young, Pussycat Dolls, and loads of others!

- Aerosmith in Boston, Summer 2006

- Don McClean in Boston, Summer 2005

Naturally now that you've asked the question, all the gigs I've ever attended have completely fled out of my memory!! :P

Some pics...

DSCF0275-1.jpg

DSCF0287-1-1.jpg

That's cool Adelle! I'm glad you loved it. I can't wait for them to come back. I see Chris doing the Thriller dance. He did that here too. The crowd went wild. Did Rihanna sing Paper Planes at your concert? Ah! Your pics have given me the 'buzz' all over again. You were so close to the stage - I'm jealous. My sister and I wer as close as you can get, seating-wise. I wasn't prepared to stand in the crowd and have the fourteen year olds' stilettos stabbing me in the foot lol. Besides, every time I looked down into the crowd I noticed people fainting and being pulled out by security guards. I'm glad I avoided that haha. Despite that, I think I might actually go into the crowd next time and just wait outside all day and get right up front.

Archived