The Autograph Thread

:o How much did you pay for them if you don't mind me asking?

It was so long ago, I honestly can't remember - but it was something around £5/each, and the postage was more than the total value of the two fancards put together as well. That seller's still on eBay though, with a different username - they're selling a fancard of Laurie Foell (Josie Russell) right now - exactly the same layout in the auction...

Yeah i bought cards of the same seller, and i got a few that were really bad, they told me that they got them from channel 7!! i am currently bidding on the laurie foell, do you think it will be bad aswell?

Well you know me, I could charm the angels from the sky... :lol:

I sent my letter to her right at the end of November, so not much of a wait :)

Here's the scans, just click to enlarge.

RebeccaBreeds1.jpg RebeccaBreeds2.jpg

they dont look to badly bent but thats what i hate about the postman they dont care i hope if i get them back they doont get bend or ripped

The poster isn't too bad, thank goodness but the fancard is awful. I had to put a book on it to keep it flat when scanning it :(

My postman is exactly the same, it's like if it's got "please do not bend" he goes out of his way to bend it, even if it can fit through the letterbox anyway!

I suppose, as Dan was saying, that it would be cheaper for them to send a massive parcel of post to a sorting centre here in England and then post them from here at local post costs rather than excessive international ones. It just seems a bit strange seeing as there was no postage on it at all, just a sticker return address for: AU 000349277, Greenford, UB1B 7AU. I guess the AU 00...etc is Seven's reference for the mail centre - sure makes a lot more sense now Dan's explained it, sure did confuse the hell out of me when it came :lol:

:o How much did you pay for them if you don't mind me asking?

It was so long ago, I honestly can't remember - but it was something around £5/each, and the postage was more than the total value of the two fancards put together as well. That seller's still on eBay though, with a different username - they're selling a fancard of Laurie Foell (Josie Russell) right now - exactly the same layout in the auction...

Yeah i bought cards of the same seller, and i got a few that were really bad, they told me that they got them from channel 7!! i am currently bidding on the laurie foell, do you think it will be bad aswell?

I really wouldn't know, but I'd guess not. Having both of us receiving really bad ones from them in the past, but your hand signed ones were okay so I really wouldn't know - I personally wont be wasting my money one them again though.

Edited by JamieLee

Just some food for thought: I assume we've all seen eBay sellers selling these fancards in bulk for expensive prices right? With modern technology is it possible for these sellers to simply reproduce these cards using a top of the line printer and high quality paper?

The reason I ask is because it seems certain sellers keep re-listing the same collection of fancards over and over again including a collection of hand-signed cards which always contain the autographs of the same fifteen cast members. I find this to be somewhat suspicious as a number of the cards in the hand-signed collection that keeps showing up at a regular clip contain autographs from several actors who have already left the show.

Has anyone ever bought fancards off of eBay and found that they are not authentic and are in fact reproductions?

Hi Jldraw,

I bought the 15 handsigned fancards, they are perfect, real signatures, they are real fancards, i bought the 22 lot and they are real, but i agree it seems very strange, ridicolous price!

I got my hand-signed Esther Anderson fancard in the mail the other day from this same lot. It looks real but I can't tell, I guess I'll just believe it's real LOL. Interested in hearing how you determined your lot was real Guru.

jldraw, idn't it easy to tell whether the card's a fake or not? Does the colour look streaky or is it perfect? If you can't tell I woud say the likelihood is that it's real. I doubt they'd have that good a printer that the copies look identical.

I'm leaning towards the cards being legitimate. The only issue I can tell is on Lyn Collingwood's card there appears to be a little bit of blue ink (I think it's blue ink) on her neck. It could just be residue from when the card was hand-signed, I don't know. I tell you this much ES, I can easily make compact disc booklets that are glossy and look identical to what come with the cd's you buy in the store. With a high-quality printer and quality paper you can do almost anything.

My dd rang last night to tell me that I've got a new fan card through the post. He didn't open it but he's forwarded it to my uni address so I'm hoping to get it through sometime today or tomorrow. The funny thing is he said it was coming from Singapore. :huh: Could that be something to do with a post sorting office that the cast use like Dan was saying he other day?

I'm having trouble guessing who it's going to be from and I can't wait to open it! :D

I'm awaiting replies from a lot of the cast at the moment and also from some Neighbours cast members. I'm hoping it's from Jordan Smith aka Andrew Robinson in Neighbours. But obviously I'll be pleased no matter who it's from! :D

This morning I received a response from Axle Whitehead! :D

He sent me a fancard with a lovely message on the back that reads "Dear Jamie Thankyou very much for your beautiful letter. It meant alot. I hope you've head some luck on the job front. I've got a new record in the pipeline! <3 Axle xx."

My scanner's playing up this morning, but hopefully I'll be able to scan it at some point today for anybody who is interested :)

Weirdly this was postmarked and had a return address in Singapore, like Edward. Sure am getting a lot of weird return addresses :huh:

Well done Jamie! Mine was a reply from the helpdesk. I got Rachel, Tony, Irene, Geoff and Aden. The Geoff and Aden ones are blank though, i.e. they don't have pre-printed signatures. Do you think it would be a risk to write a letter to both actors enclosing a SAE with the fan card in, saying I was hoping to get an autograph?

I really hope I get some more replies soon, I don't think many people like my letters :(

I've got a fancard from Rebecca Breeds today, also she wrote a letter on the back of it :) Also had a fancard from Luke Mitchell, & he also sent a H20 card with his autograph on, & he also sent me a letter too, which was nice of him :D

Well done Jamie! Mine was a reply from the helpdesk. I got Rachel, Tony, Irene, Geoff and Aden. The Geoff and Aden ones are blank though, i.e. they don't have pre-printed signatures. Do you think it would be a risk to write a letter to both actors enclosing a SAE with the fan card in, saying I was hoping to get an autograph?

I really hope I get some more replies soon, I don't think many people like my letters :(

Aww, that's not true! You'll get reply's soon enough, I dread to think how much fanmail they have to respond to, and there's people like me who have written more recently who get placed on the top of the pile ;)

I'd certainly give it a try,

but the only problem is seeing as they've both stopped filming now I'd suggest writing through their management rather than trough the show - you'd be much more likely of receiving a reply

I've got a fancard from Rebecca Breeds today, also she wrote a letter on the back of it :) Also had a fancard from Luke Mitchell, & he also sent a H20 card with his autograph on, & he also sent me a letter too, which was nice of him :D

How awesome, congratulations Zoe!

So nice of Luke to send you a H2o card as well :)