The Autograph Thread

Thanks Yellow and Symphony.

Just one quick thing.

I'm sending a SAE inside and i was wondering what stamps are needed?

Do i just put the same stamps on the SAE as i do the envelope thats being sent?

Channel 7 pays for postage to you so you don't have to send a SASE if you are only requesting a fancard. If you are sending something to be signed then you should send a SASE. But if you want to you can. A SAE is a self addressed envelope that doesn't have stamps, I think you are talking about a SASE which is a self addressed stamped envelope- if you are doing that you need australian stamps to stick on it to be returned to you. But honestly I wouldn't waste your money as channel 7 pays for return postage (they have HEAPS of pre- paid envelopes tehy give to the actors to use) even if you live outside Australia.

Thanks Yellow and Symphony.

Just one quick thing.

I'm sending a SAE inside and i was wondering what stamps are needed?

Do i just put the same stamps on the SAE as i do the envelope thats being sent?

Channel 7 pays for postage to you so you don't have to send a SASE if you are only requesting a fancard. If you are sending something to be signed then you should send a SASE. But if you want to you can. A SAE is a self addressed envelope that doesn't have stamps, I think you are talking about a SASE which is a self addressed stamped envelope- if you are doing that you need australian stamps to stick on it to be returned to you. But honestly I wouldn't waste your money as channel 7 pays for return postage (they have HEAPS of pre- paid envelopes tehy give to the actors to use) even if you live outside Australia.

Ok thanks for your help.

I'll just send the 3 letters i have without a SASE and see if i get anything back.

Edited by ScreamingQueen2006

So today was the day I finally plucked up enough courage to send a letter in to Jess and Todd...

I bought some special writing paper for the letter. Jess got a cherry bloosm style paper and Todd got waterlilies (this was the only guyish style paper I could find). I also posted them in the evelopes the writing set comes with, I hope that will be ok...

My only worry is that maybe they'll leave the country before they get my letter. Oh well....at least I tried

Well I got my fancard back from cough "Todd Lasance" cough, also known as Emma Tuchin the office assistant. I really appreciate the quick response, :P I am grateful for that.

However I am really, really, really disappointed. :(

I received a typed letter saying that it's "great hearing from fans" and then a fancard with a printed signature of Todd on it. Now I've seen many fancards where they have a hand written signature on them, even some have said "best wishes" or whatever. I feel really diasppointed that I didn't even get a hand written signature. I wasted time going out and buying fancy paper, when really I should have used regular A-4 white paper, and I should have really just said "Hi, I am a fan of yours. Please send me a fancard, cheers thanks." Yep, I really should have written that. Instead of wasting more time, thinking of what to write. I shouldn't have spent time trying to write neatly. I even provided a spare piece of paper - just in case, maybe, just maybe I'd get a reply from the letter I had sent... So now I am offically let down by Todd as an actor. This is why I usually don't idolise or admire actors in TV/Movies....because it's a waste of time. The drug scandal (whether it's true or not) I was let down as a fan by that incident. But now.....I really can't be bothered idolising him anymore.

I did however, send a letter requesting a fancard from Jess. So I guess I'll just wait and see how that turns out. I know it may sound ungrateful of me, but like I said at the start I do appreciate the speedy response. But I'd rather wait to get a hand-written signature or even a response (from the actor/actress) then receiving something from an office assistant. Because really...I could have printed it from the internet if I wanted just a picture with Todd and his name of it.

Time and effort goes into some letters fans send to actors/actresses and you think you'd get something decent back out of it. <_<

So today was the day I finally plucked up enough courage to send a letter in to Jess and Todd...

I bought some special writing paper for the letter. Jess got a cherry bloosm style paper and Todd got waterlilies (this was the only guyish style paper I could find). I also posted them in the evelopes the writing set comes with, I hope that will be ok...

My only worry is that maybe they'll leave the country before they get my letter. Oh well....at least I tried

Well I got my fancard back from cough "Todd Lasance" cough, also known as Emma Tuchin the office assistant. I really appreciate the quick response, :P I am grateful for that.

However I am really, really, really disappointed. :(

I received a typed letter saying that it's "great hearing from fans" and then a fancard with a printed signature of Todd on it. Now I've seen many fancards where they have a hand written signature on them, even some have said "best wishes" or whatever. I feel really diasppointed that I didn't even get a hand written signature. I wasted time going out and buying fancy paper, when really I should have used regular A-4 white paper, and I should have really just said "Hi, I am a fan of yours. Please send me a fancard, cheers thanks." Yep, I really should have written that. Instead of wasting more time, thinking of what to write. I shouldn't have spent time trying to write neatly. I even provided a spare piece of paper - just in case, maybe, just maybe I'd get a reply from the letter I had sent... So now I am offically let down by Todd as an actor. This is why I usually don't idolise or admire actors in TV/Movies....because it's a waste of time. The drug scandal (whether it's true or not) I was let down as a fan by that incident. But now.....I really can't be bothered idolising him anymore.

I did however, send a letter requesting a fancard from Jess. So I guess I'll just wait and see how that turns out. I know it may sound ungrateful of me, but like I said at the start I do appreciate the speedy response. But I'd rather wait to get a hand-written signature or even a response (from the actor/actress) then receiving something from an office assistant. Because really...I could have printed it from the internet if I wanted just a picture with Todd and his name of it.

Time and effort goes into some letters fans send to actors/actresses and you think you'd get something decent back out of it. <_<

Did you send the letter addressed to Todd or did you send it to the office assistant? As you only get pre- prints from the office assistant. If you did write to Todd if could be because he left the show already and they are not passing fanmail onto him. It may have nothing to do with Todd himself.