The Autograph Thread

i see on ebay pep selling fan cards for 17 dollars not signed or nothing same ones u can dl youself on the home and away site.also i might sell coppies or the origionals ages ago i won the photos of home and away when they used to play there song and pep were in boxes photos oriogionals signed like the old pep kip hailey dan ect they are origionals i will scan to show pep when i can also got signed scrips.got the photos of neighbors and headland will scan when i can

Has anyone ever bought fancards off of eBay and found that they are not authentic and are in fact reproductions?

*sticks hand up* I have, a couple of years ago I bought fancards of Bec Cartwright and Tammin Sursok thinking that they were originals (maybe it was the fact that it stated "authentic fancard" in the listing that led me to believe that they were real) only to receive very over-priced copies in the post, and really crap copies at that - they were streaky, the colour was messed up and there were specks of dust that were on them from when they were scanned. I just ended up throwing them in the bin.

:o How much did you pay for them if you don't mind me asking?

It was so long ago, I honestly can't remember - but it was something around £5/each, and the postage was more than the total value of the two fancards put together as well. That seller's still on eBay though, with a different username - they're selling a fancard of Laurie Foell (Josie Russell) right now - exactly the same layout in the auction...

What a b*****d. I just had a look at that fan card being sold. I can't believe someone is ripping people off. I take it you contacted ebay with the problem?

Looking at their feedback people seem to be happy enough with what they're receiving, maybe I'm just too picky wanting (and expecting) originals, I dunno. Yeah I contacted eBay but that was a waste of time, I can't remember the ins and outs of it but I paid by sending them AUD Cash through the mail (as I didn't have any debit cards for paypal/online payments) and there was some sort of technicality. Not long after that though they appeared as 'no longer a registered user' and came up with a new username, so I don't know if I personally had any doing with that?

I've just had a look through their feedback and listings just now and they're even re-listing identical 'hand signed' fancards as well as unsigned ones as well... :blink:

I've just had a look through their feedback and listings just now and they're even re-listing identical 'hand signed' fancards as well as unsigned ones as well... :blink:

Yeah I'd be careful. Unfortunately, I just purchased an Esther Anderson hand-signed card (hasn't arrived yet) from this seller and I'm fretting that it might not be hand-signed after all but a cheap scan. I guess there is no way of knowing for sure unless there are some obvious defects on the card. I agree it is bizarre that this one individual is selling the same hand-signed cards in bulk time after time. Either he has an inside track as far as getting autographs from the H&A cast or these are flat out forgeries.

Also even if he does have an inside track to the H&A cast, it doesn't explain how he keeps coming up with signed Tim Campbell fancards for example unless he's been rationing them.

Has anyone ever bought fancards off of eBay and found that they are not authentic and are in fact reproductions?

You never know, maybe someone from the set on H and A fancies a bit of extra cash and is nabbing a bunch of everyone's fan cards to sell online.

Well that would explain how they are able to auction off these fancards in bulk at a regular clip. It doesn't explain however how they seem to have an endless supply of hand-signed Sharni Vinson and Tim Campbell fancards unless some of the actors are asked to sign a bunch of fancards before they leave the show which is possible.

Either way I'm really considering buying one of those packages as of late (looking for a Jessica Tovey fancard) but I'm probably going to pass because I have some real doubts as to their authenticity. You do bring up a good point ES, someone at Seven could be stockpiling a lot of these fancards and then doing a brisk business. There seems to be one seller in particular who only deals in soap fancards whether it be H&A, Neighbours, EastEnders etc. Hmmm.

One time when I was at PB, someone from the crew staff put a load of pre-signed fan cards on a table for any fans to take there were Tim Campbell ones, Kate Ritchie, the guuy that played Kit & the woman that plays Marilyn along with a few others, can't remember which. Mistified on here might be able to help out; I posted her a few of them to keep.

So perhaps they've been to PB, and have taken 10-15 of one cast member from something like that?

Just at hought.

like i said if u want to get fan cards and dont mind printing them out yourself go to the home and away site and u can dl them on there.and what gets me mad is some of the say hand signed which they arnt.they are the same thing when u go to a signing and they have the fan cards there they are already signed and u get one and they sign it for u.it should say pre printed signed or something.when i can i will scan my home and away signed photos i won them at a convention was thinking of making coppies and selling them as it would cost a bit to get them printed ect or sell the origionals either way if they are coppies u dont put on there origionals

I just got a reply from Rebecca Breeds. She kindly signed my poster and sent me a signed fancard as well :D

Unfortunately the fancard has been bent beyond belief (bloody postman!) but I'm still chuffed :)

Will post some scans later on for anybody who's interested...

Update: Just noticed the return address on the envelope and google mapped it - it's a textiles company in Middlesex, England - and there was no postage paid from Seven - weird :huh:

Edited by JamieLee