The Autograph Thread

Update: Just noticed the return address on the envelope and google mapped it - it's a textiles company in Middlesex, England - and there was no postage paid from Seven - weird :huh:

I imagine its an address on an industrial estate just north of Heathrow is it not? That's normal - not sure of the whole logistics behind it but it's an international distribution centre which sorts mail for major contract customers. I imagine its easier (and cheaper) for company mail to be shipped over to the depot in the UK for them to sort out postage costs.

Update: Just noticed the return address on the envelope and google mapped it - it's a textiles company in Middlesex, England - and there was no postage paid from Seven - weird :huh:

I imagine its an address on an industrial estate just north of Heathrow is it not? That's normal - not sure of the whole logistics behind it but it's an international distribution centre which sorts mail for major contract customers. I imagine its easier (and cheaper) for company mail to be shipped over to the depot in the UK for them to sort out postage costs.

That does make a lot more sense. The address is just a jumble of letters and numbers and the only thing that came up with that postcode was a textiles company, but it's surrounded by industrial estates. Thanks for clearing that up for me, Dan :)

I'm now imagining you charming angels out of the sky... :lol:

I know, it's a scary image right? :lol:

I'm sure you'll get a reply within the next couple of days, it seems as though she'd replied a batch of mail - still hoping that Luke Mitchell and Axle Whitehead come soon too, as a couple of people in Australia got replies last week :)

Edited by JamieLee

Yeah, I hope I get one soon. :(

It's just the luck of the draw I guess. If they like your letter they reply, if they don't, they don't. And then obviously there'sthe possibility they may ot have read it. I'm waiting for Axle to reply too. Luke's good with fan mail so I'm sure you'll get one from him. :)

I just got a reply from Rebecca Breeds. She kindly signed my poster and sent me a signed fancard as well :D

Unfortunately the fancard has been bent beyond belief (bloody postman!) but I'm still chuffed :)

Will post some scans later on for anybody who's interested...

that sounds werid what was the addy?im sure there should be a place in aust.can u be sure it was from her i mean u didnt send it some were else?or it went to the wrong place

so what we send it to aust to where we are ment to then they write on it like bec did send it to england or were ever to get send backk to us?that sounds like it would cost more or something like that.i still havent got nothing back still waiting

Just some food for thought: I assume we've all seen eBay sellers selling these fancards in bulk for expensive prices right? With modern technology is it possible for these sellers to simply reproduce these cards using a top of the line printer and high quality paper?

The reason I ask is because it seems certain sellers keep re-listing the same collection of fancards over and over again including a collection of hand-signed cards which always contain the autographs of the same fifteen cast members. I find this to be somewhat suspicious as a number of the cards in the hand-signed collection that keeps showing up at a regular clip contain autographs from several actors who have already left the show.

Has anyone ever bought fancards off of eBay and found that they are not authentic and are in fact reproductions?

Hi Jldraw,

I bought the 15 handsigned fancards, they are perfect, real signatures, they are real fancards, i bought the 22 lot and they are real, but i agree it seems very strange, ridicolous price!