The Book Thread

MarMar

Oh you won't be impressed with the My Sister's Keeper film coming out this year then. Apparently, the ending has been changed.

if that's true I wont be very impressed. The ending was perfect - sad, gut-punching, heart wrenching, but it was a perfect end because it was the only logical way to end it. I read in an interview with Jodi how she desperately tried to find a happy ending, but that there was no way medically or realistically that they could all come out alive without ruining the essence of the book. So I dont see why they'd change the ending, it'd completely ruin the movie.

I re-read MSK this week because I was sick, even with a banging headache, and feeling like I was at deaths door i couldnt put it down, and this is my fourth time reading. Such a beautiful novel.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh you won't be impressed with the My Sister's Keeper film coming out this year then. Apparently, the ending has been changed.

if that's true I wont be very impressed. The ending was perfect - sad, gut-punching, heart wrenching, but it was a perfect end because it was the only logical way to end it. I read in an interview with Jodi how she desperately tried to find a happy ending, but that there was no way medically or realistically that they could all come out alive without ruining the essence of the book. So I dont see why they'd change the ending, it'd completely ruin the movie.

I re-read MSK this week because I was sick, even with a banging headache, and feeling like I was at deaths door i couldnt put it down, and this is my fourth time reading. Such a beautiful novel.

I agree, Cerise. The ending was perfect - a total shock, but perfect. If the movie changes the ending, then it's ruined the whole story. :angry:

I just finished reading Little Women. I really didn't think I would enjoy it but I would definitely read again and want to read Little Men now (never knew it existed until a few months ago).

There are four books in the Louisa M. Alcott series: Little Women, Good Wives, Little Men and Jo's Boys. I read them all when I was about twelve and loved them! :D

I just finished reading Little Women. I really didn't think I would enjoy it but I would definitely read again and want to read Little Men now (never knew it existed until a few months ago).

There are four books in the Louisa M. Alcott series: Little Women, Good Wives, Little Men and Jo's Boys. I read them all when I was about twelve and loved them! :D

:o Seriously?!

... Damn, am going to have to buy them now

Damn, you've made me want to read them all again, especially Little Women! :P They're in the order I've put them ie each follows on what happens over the years as the sisters grow up and marry etc. :) Maybe you could ask a kid you know to book them out of the children's section of the library... ? :wink:

Archived