The Book Thread

MarMar

Thunderwith by Libby Hathorn. I actually was made to read it in year 9, and decided to randomly go back to it. That, and Chinese Cinderella by Adeline Yen Mar. Again, a year 9 text that I never actually finished.

I'm trying to buy time until my John Green books arrive ...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying to control myself :P I haven't read a Twilight book in a whole 8 days! And then I caved! I read the first Part of BD so fast, I think I set a world record :/

:rolleyes: i bought New Moon, Twilight & BReaking Dawn today... now we're reading the same book!! :D

:D

I finished the second part of BD now. It's still teh weirdest thing I've ever read.

i haven't read it since the first time i read it, which was about 2 months ago - but i'm still totally in awe of how she wrote the

pregnant bella

scenes! Like, so much of what she said was sort of the same thing over again - but in TOTALLY different ways.

that woman is just a legend! LEGEND i say!

• 2 weeks later...

Recently finished A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. It is now officially my favourite book ever! Highly recommended. With The Secret Life Of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd coming in second.

Currently reading The Case Of The Missing Sevant by Tarquin Hall So far its pretty good.

"Get toned with 6 minutes of excercise". Well... Let's be honest. I bought it, and just because buying it made me feel so proud of myself, I'm so not reading it at all. I'm just eating cake instead :P

• 2 weeks later...

I FINALLY finished reading The Chronicles of Narnia!! I'm not one for battles, so when I saw that the last book was called "The Last Battle," I was concerned. And rightly so. It's quite a disturbing, depressing, and oddly graphic tale of death and destruction... buuut it all turns out alright in the end, so I guess I'm happy. Hail Aslan! :)

Archived