The Book Thread

MarMar

I just started Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream by Barack Obama.

Today i bought Jazz by Toni Morrison, A Sunday At The Pool In Kigali by Gil Courtemanche and The Other Hand by Chris Cleave.

I love books. I'd die happy in a book store :lol: Yes i'm a bit of a geek. At the moment i have a bit of an obsession with books about Africa and/or by African writers. Although thats what i study so i guess it's not that bad, lol.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just going to start 'Morality for Beautiful Girls' by 'Alexander McCall Smith'. Its the 3rd in a series of about 10 books! (I think) About a lady from Botswana who has opened a detective agecy. They are good books, pretty funny too. An easy read.

I finished reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling. I have finally read the entire series. With uni work and stuff, I hadn't had the time to read it up until now. I didn't remember what had happened in the 6th novel so I found it a bit hard to get into it at first but it slowly came back to me.

I am happy with the way it ended. :)

I'm going to start Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger soon.

the book with no name - by anonymous

its like buffy crossed with firefly loved it, im almost done with the eye of the moon which is the 2nd in the series by the same author

have a look on amazon for the books as every book store i tried thought i was having them on lol

• 3 weeks later...

Confessions Of A Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

Is that good?

I am reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban again-trying to read all of the books up to the sixth book for when the movie comes out in July

I'm reading "This Boy's Life" by Tobias Wolff for uni. I'm halfway through, and I think it's going to be one of those situations where I get invested in the character and like him and relate to him... and then he turns out to be a murderous psycho... It is an autobiography, but the author could have written it from jail after a mass shooting for all I know :unsure:

Archived