The Book Thread

MarMar

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in the middle of "The Prime Of Miss Jean Brodie." UGH! I was supposed to read it a week ago for uni, but never got around to it, so now I'm backtracking books through the holiday and I was a fool to start with this one, because it's just crushed what little spirit I had mustered up to read anything else. I don't even know if I want to persevere and finish reading this book. It's just so... awful. I mean the writing is boring, the characters are all horrible, shallow, pointless little snobs that you'd just want to ignore completely if you ever had the misfortune of passing them on the street. Why do people write books like this? Thank the gods it only goes for 200 pages, but even that is about 199 pages too long.

LITTLE WOMEN!!

*ahem* I recommend that.

What kind of thing are you into? Crime? Horror? Mystery? Romance?

As for me, I'm taking a break from reading for a couple of weeks. I have read about 3 books in the space of 6 weeks, so I need a break :D!

I don't know really. Horror, mystery, romance, comedy :lol: So pretty much anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived