EastEnders

Ashirr-Leigh

Juley has actually left! It was a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment (similar to his role  on the show in fact) but he went off to"find himself" or some such. Totally pointless waste of a character. Same with Gus.  I can't tell whether he has left or not?

Ah, it was Gus I meant! Shows how important he is to the show. The only time I see him he's collecting rubbish around the square.

I completely agree about the Mitchells. They don't know how to improve the show by developing it so they go back to who they know worked in the past - but times have changed, and I never liked them in the first place either. Can't stand all this "get out of my pub! We're Mitchells, we stick together" crap.

Eastenders reference the past too much. Do we go an episode without hearing about Arthur, Arthur's bench, Lou Beale, the coronation or "how families are meant to be, back when Arthur was alive". I find them trying to make Johnny and Pat have a history we never saw embarrassing, too.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what they're hoping to achieve by bringing back the Mitchells. Perhaps they want old viewers to tune in again but unless they're going to rename it "The Mitchell Show" then I don't think it's going to happen!

I agree about Jake and Danny, they're much better than Garry and Minty. Jake's scene with Chrissie last night was pretty sad.. I like Chrissie. I don't really know why.. she's a murderer and all.. but I just do!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have one reason for loving Chrissie: her hair! I want it!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha.. my hair is like that - ish. Mines is black though.. and possibly not as wild (although in the morning, I'd give her a run for her money! :P ). I hate it!! It's so hard to do anything with..

Mine is brown and naturally curly and was quite thick.As I'm lossing my hair :( so what I have left of it I cannot do anything with it.But it's only hair it will grow back on day.

My hair is flat, poker straight and lifeless; I hate it! You think that you can't do anything with your hair? Try having mine!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You could curl yours though! As in nice curls.. not my kind of curls! I can't straighten mines unless it got chemically straightened at the hairdressers and that just sounds.. weird.. to me lol. Saying this, though, my twin Laighla manages to do alot more with her hair than me. She always finds new ways to put it up and things, I must ask her lol.

PEGGY'S COFFIN FIT!

16 July 2005

Sparks fly at send-off

PEGGY Mitchell's explosive return to EastEnders will leave Chrissie in a right two-and-eight - when she ends up in a grave with her dead husband.

In fact there'll be a whole barrowload of Barney Rubble (OK, enough rhyming slang - Ed) when she arrives back from Rio.

Babs Windsor bursts back in to Albert Square as the formidable Mitchell matriarch to discover her daughter is about to go dahn for murder.

Any normal mother would be devastated but not Peggy. Oh no. She's proud of her Sam because (obviously) you're not a proper Mitchell till you've done some time.

After seeing her mum's joy, Sam can't find it in her heart to tell her she's actually innocent, so for a couple of weeks she sits under lock and key and patiently awaits her murder trial.

However, she finally does tell Peggy that she's been framed for the murder of Dirty Den by his conniving wife Chrissie, who is happily getting on with her life and running the Queen Vic.

Until that point Peggy and Chrissie have been getting on famously. But not any more.

Suddenly realising that Sam doing a stretch is not such a good thing after all, Peggy goes to confront her new enemy.

Of course this all happens on the day of Den's funeral, at which Chrissie is reading a eulogy.

Barging in on the proceedings, Peggy marches straight up to the crowds gathered around the graveside and singles out Chrissie.

After branding her a killer, she lets rip with an almighty shove - sending Chrissie tumbling into the six-foot hole intended to house just Den. On his own.

Filming on the furious but funny scenes starts next week and they'll be screened in September.

Last night one insider said: "Peggy is furious at being taken in by Chrissie and is determined to give her what for.

"Nobody messes with the Mitchells."

Oh, Peggy. How we've missed you.

Kat quits 'EastEnders'

Tuesday, July 19 2005, 10:37 BST -- by Kris Green

Jessie Wallace has decided to quit Walford after five years.

The actress, who plays Kat Moon in the BBC soap, will leave EastEnders over Christmas - at the same time as on-screen husband Alfie Moon (Shane Richie).

According to a show spokesman, the decision was "mutual."

Soap bosses have declined to give any clues on her exit storyline but revealed that she will not be killed off, leaving the door open for her return. Chrissie Watts (Tracy-Ann Oberman) and Sam Mitchell (Kim Medcalf) are both set to leave at around the same time - two characters which Kat has grudges against...

Back in April, DigitalSpy reported that Jessie's contract would take her to the end of the year, quashing rumours of a £100,000 'sweetener' to keep her in the show for a further six months.

Kat recently returned to Albert Square after her nan, Mo (Laila Morse) discovered her in prison while visiting a friend. The character then bid an emotional farewell when her screen daughter, Zoe (Michelle Ryan) left after confessing her involvement in Den Watts' (Leslie Grantham) grisly murder.

Jessie, however, is in talks with the BBC over projects she may undertake after her departure.

Meanwhile, producers, anxious to maintain viewing figures, are countering the major departures with the reunion of the Mitchell clan - Barbara Windsor, Steve McFadden and Ross Kemp.

A spokeswoman for the soap added: "As a newcomer we found an amazing talent in Jessie and we thank her for a fantastic contribution to the show. We wish her

all the very best for the future."

The BBC have also confirmed the departure of Charlotte Avery, who plays Johnny Allen's girlfriend Tina Stewart.

Archived