EastEnders

Ashirr-Leigh

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dennis and Sharon quit EastEnders

BBC News

EastEnders actors Nigel Harman and Letitia Dean, who play Dennis Rickman and Sharon Watts, are leaving the soap.

Harman, 32, is quitting by "mutual, amicable decision" with producers, an EastEnders spokesman said.

He will make his final appearance on the BBC soap at the end of the year, when Dean - a founding cast member - will take an extended break.

"We do not know when she will come back, but she will return," the spokesman said.

Harman's character Dennis is due to marry his adopted sister Sharon on the BBC One soap later this month.

Their wedding will coincide with the discovery of the body of murdered character Den Watts - Dennis' father and Sharon's adoptive father - who was played by Leslie Grantham.

The EastEnders spokesman would not reveal the pair's closing storyline, as the two actors leave to concentrate on other roles.

Dean, 37, was in EastEnders for a decade from 1985 and has already taken a number of breaks from the show.

EastEnders regularly attracted up to 14 million viewers until 2004 but it has recently struggled to match the ratings of its ITV1 rival Coronation Street.

Harman and Dean's departure at the end of the year will coincide with that of Jessie Wallace, who plays Kat Moon.

It comes as previous EastEnders cast members Mike Reid, Barbara Windsor and Ross Kemp are due to return to the soap.

I've really stopped caring about these two now, though I don't particularly watch it anyway! How many times has Sharon left in the last couple of years?

They make a big deal about her leaving, then a couple of months later make a big deal about her coming back!

It would be like announcing every time Morag leaves Summer Bay :lol:

Dennis and Sharon quit EastEnders 

BBC News

EastEnders actors Nigel Harman and Letitia Dean, who play Dennis Rickman and Sharon Watts, are leaving the soap.

Harman, 32, is quitting by "mutual, amicable decision" with producers, an EastEnders spokesman said.

He will make his final appearance on the BBC soap at the end of the year, when Dean - a founding cast member - will take an extended break.

"We do not know when she will come back, but she will return," the spokesman said.

Harman's character Dennis is due to marry his adopted sister Sharon on the BBC One soap later this month.

Their wedding will coincide with the discovery of the body of murdered character Den Watts - Dennis' father and Sharon's adoptive father - who was played by Leslie Grantham.

The EastEnders spokesman would not reveal the pair's closing storyline, as the two actors leave to concentrate on other roles.

Dean, 37, was in EastEnders for a decade from 1985 and has already taken a number of breaks from the show.

EastEnders regularly attracted up to 14 million viewers until 2004 but it has recently struggled to match the ratings of its ITV1 rival Coronation Street.

Harman and Dean's departure at the end of the year will coincide with that of Jessie Wallace, who plays Kat Moon.

It comes as previous EastEnders cast members Mike Reid, Barbara Windsor and Ross Kemp are due to return to the soap.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will the last one out please turn out the lights :o

What a raw deal. We lose hunky Dennis......and in exchange get the vile Mitchells, Grunt, Phiwl, and old witch Windsor, back to "own" the square in their usual bossy, thuggish way. Oh, and Frank with his sandpaperr vopice. Yuck yuck yuck. As soon as these changes come into effect, I am switching off permanently. As will the rest of the country, no doubt.

Is that the sound of the final nail, edging it's way into the coffin, I hear?

I don't want to say yet that I will give up on Eastenders but it may be the case!! I absolutely adore Dennis.. :wub: .. and not just because he is fit!! His character is also really interesting and I thought they could have done alot more with him. Sharon.. not too fussed on her leaving, never really liked him.

I won't give up yet though. There are some promising characters. Demi Miller, for example. Shana Swash, the actress who plays her, is doing a really good job and I think it will be interesting to see where this social services storyline goes.

If Ruby ever comes back, her relationship with Stacey is also a good one to watch. Looks like the younger ones are carrying the soap at the moment.. :P

As for the Mitchells, couldn't care less that they are coming back!! For the sake of the show, their return had better be amazing because it's been built up so much that viewers are expecting brilliant things.

I've really stopped caring about these two now, though I don't particularly watch it anyway! How many times has Sharon left in the last couple of years?

They make a big deal about her leaving, then a couple of months later make a big deal about her coming back!

It would be like announcing every time Morag leaves Summer Bay 

I agree. I am sick of Sharon, and the amount of times she has left then returned to Albert Square. I would like to see her written out for good, but after the return of Dirty Den, it seems that even death is no longer a promise that a character is gone for good in Albert Square!

I will however, be sad to see the back of Kat and Alfie, I would like to be able to picture them together of screen, but as Alfie has finally made a decision, it seems as though that might not happen.

Then again, there has been no mention of Kacey Ainsworth's (Little Mo's) departure from the square, which leads me to doubt that their relationship will last.

I am not looking forward to the Mitchell's return. Although set to bring some promising storylines to the soap, I personally do not want to see the square back under Mitchell rule, though this is bound to happen. I would much rather see more of J Allen, who's role in the soap seems to now be undecided. What will happen to him once the Mitchells return? I can hardly see him and Peggy getting along!

As for Frank, his return does not really bother me as such, nor does it interest me. The Frank and Pat storyline was exhausted years ago, and I would like to see how Eastenders producers will make a repeat of this storyline (if they do repeat it) interesting.

The Return of the Mitchells will be brilliant - please dont stress!!!

Dennis & Sharon dont worry im sure they will be back, most actors/actresses return after not finding any work... Sharon has been and gone so many times she's gonna look like part of the furniture in a mintue.

I cant believe Kat & Alfie are leaving... Thats SHCOKING :o its, its awful!!!

I dont know how too do that spolier thingy but someone thats a well known character and is much loved DIES... Shock illness. Im totally gutted!!!

Archived