EastEnders

Ashirr-Leigh

Eastenders is going to go from bad to worse. I find it hard to believe the decision for Kat to leave is mutual - they should be clinging onto her with both hands since she's one of few decent characters left on the show.

As for the Mitchells coming back - give me a break. They're hoping that as soon as Peggy walks through the Queen Vic doors the ratings will go through the roof. When will they realise that bringing back characters from its glory days will only add to the 'desperation' level they've reached to bring the show back from the gutter? The thing I most have a problem with are the poor scripts, tiresome storylines and camera work which is getting worse and more needlessly experimental. Those problems will still be there even if 'everyone's favourite family' the Mitchells are in the cast.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eastenders is going to go from bad to worse. I find it hard to believe the decision for Kat to leave is mutual -  they should be clinging onto her with both hands since she's one of few decent characters left on the show.

As for the Mitchells coming back - give me a break. They're hoping that as soon as Peggy walks through the Queen Vic doors the ratings will go through the roof. When will they realise that bringing back characters from its glory days will only add to the 'desperation' level they've reached to bring the show back from the gutter? The thing I most have a problem with are the poor scripts, tiresome storylines and camera work which is getting worse and more needlessly experimental. Those problems will still be there even if 'everyone's favourite family' the Mitchells are in the cast.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup it's **** :)

I hope the show can somehow be saved but I don't know. Alot seems to be riding on the Mitchell's return. I didn't watch too much of the show when they were around but I doubt it's going to make the ratings go through the roof.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never liked the Mitchells at all. We can expect more of the same as the early 90s - brawls between the brothers usually over a woman, dodging the law, Peggy's endless 'family loyalty' sentiments. I can't see where they're going to take these characters, especially considering they seem totally out of place with most of the new cast. I'm betting on some kind of tiff with Johnny Allen, but I've heard Bill Murray wants out of the show too.

You're right, they do seem out of place. I read somewhere that when Peggy finds out about Sam's involvement in Den's murder, she's proud of her. Now there's sticking by your family and there's just being plain stupid.

I like the character of Johnny, also Tina and Ruby. They're good characters but apparently Tina is leaving, and you say Bill Murray wants to.. so that will be them gone.

Shock Death at Christmas!

Nana Xmas Death Shock

The Sun 23/7/05

EastEnders favourite Nana Moon will be sensationally killed off at Christmas.

The shock news come just days after it was revealed that Jessie Wallace has quit as Kat Moon.

Meanwhile Shane Richie, who plays Nana's grandson Alfie, is also set to leave Albert Square in December.

A show insider said: 'Everyone loves Nana, but with Shane & Jessie going, and with Christopher Parker gone, she won't have any family left. It's very sad, but all good things must come to an end.'

Actress Hilda Braid, 72 - who plays much loved Nana - will leave the BBC1 soap later this year after filming her character's final scenes.

Dotty Nana's best moments include setting up lovelorn Alfie and Kat. She also tried to get them back together recently by hosting a dirty dancing night.

Last night an EastEnders insider confirmed: 'Nana gets very sick'

Shock Death at Christmas!

Nana Xmas Death Shock

The Sun 23/7/05

EastEnders favourite Nana Moon will be sensationally killed off at Christmas.

The shock news come just days after it was revealed that Jessie Wallace has quit as Kat Moon.

Meanwhile Shane Richie, who plays Nana's grandson Alfie, is also set to leave Albert Square in December.

A show insider said: 'Everyone loves Nana, but with Shane & Jessie going, and with Christopher Parker gone, she won't have any family left. It's very sad, but all good things must come to an end.'

Actress Hilda Braid, 72 - who plays much loved Nana - will leave the BBC1 soap later this year after filming her character's final scenes.

Dotty Nana's best moments include setting up lovelorn Alfie and Kat. She also tried to get them back together recently by hosting a dirty dancing night.

Last night an EastEnders insider confirmed: 'Nana gets very sick'

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thay can't do that Especially not at Christmas it's just wrong. :o

So that's Chrissie, Tina and Kat who are leaving...there won't be any good female characters left! :( Those 3 are the best of the bunch in my opinion. You have to wonder what the bosses at EE are doing, why so many people want to leave. It's worrying to think what the show will be like when they've all gone...oh, actually, I forgot, it will be full of Mitchells going 'awright bruv!'

:o Nana... :(

Is it just me who's absolutely sick to death of Alfie... I used to like him as a character - the loveable rogue - but now he's just stringing both Kat and Mo along, unable to say no. The sooner the two-timing rat (too harsh?) leaves the better...

Come to think of it, isn't Alfie leaving at Christmas time? It'd explain why they're getting rid of Nana - there'd be no Moons left to look after her.

Archived