EastEnders

Ashirr-Leigh

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've stayed with Eastenders up until recently. There've been some really poor episodes lately, including the other night when Danny ran out of the club crying. The biggest embarrassement of all was the montage the other week when Zoe was explaining the events that unfolded leading to them killing Den. Some people commented it was well filmed, but I thought it was awful and tacky.

If I watch any more episodes, it'll just be for Stacey and Ruby, when she returns.

Killer Chrissie to leave 'Enders

Wednesday, July 6 2005, 17:30 BST -- by Kris Green

Cold-blooded killer Chrissie Watts is set to leave Albert Square later this year.

Tracy-Ann Oberman, who plays the part, has made the decision to move away from the BBC soap after talks with show bosses about her character.

Earlier this year, Chrissie killed her on-screen husband, Den Watts (Leslie Grantham), after she cracked his skull with a dog-shaped doorstop. The character's exit storyline will centre around the discovery of the body on the day of her step-daughter's wedding.

A show insider told The Sun: "When the body gets discovered, all hell breaks loose. Tracy-Ann realised Chrissie will be found out and there wasn't anywhere else to go. She's hoping it will springboard her on to other projects."

Tracy-Ann said: "I've loved playing Chrissie. It's rare to find such a strong female character."

She added: "I'm really going to miss all the cast and crew."

Despite the murderous revelations about Chrissie, the door will be left open for her to return.

A source told DS: "It'll be a case of will she go down, will she escape, or will she survive?"

It is understood that Tracy-Ann will be bowing out in November - at the same time as fellow actress Kim Medcalf who plays Sam Mitchell.

I can't believe they're getting rid of Chrissie. I'd have thought they'd twist the plot so that Chrissie frames Sam and Zoe, who have already left/are leaving, so she can stay in the show. I was under the impression she would be staying for a while yet.

Ruby comes back next week I think.

I'm upset about Chrissie leaving EE as well, although if you think about she would have to leave sooner or later anyway, whether it is to go on the run or face jail for killing her hubby.

I blame it on the scriptwriters if Chrissie hadn't dealt the final blow they would have been able to dig her out of the hole they dug for her, it was inevitable :angry:

Despite this i have high hopes for EE in the future, the soap has improved a great deal since last year!! Stacey and Ruby are two characters that i've warmed to alot. Sharon and Dennis are my most favourite couple in EE!!! Can't stand Alfie and Mo but still hoping for Mo and Billy to get back together.

I know Danny and Jake are not on everyones favourites list but they are certainly on mine. Danny has obviously got problems he needs to deal with and i think he is just missed understood. Jake is the caring older brother, which i love. I'll definitely miss them :(

EE is my second favourite soap after HAA can't wait to see how the stalker storyline pans out.

UK viewers have just discovered that a burnt body was found in the bush, i'm thinking it may have something to do with stalker but not sure will have to wait and see. ^_^

Nicola -x-

Archived