EastEnders

Ashirr-Leigh

Ex-'Bill' actor to appear in 'EastEnders'

Friday, June 24 2005, 17:36 BST -- by Kris Green

Former Bill actor Mark Wingett is to make an appearance in EastEnders this summer.

Wingett first appeared as DC Jim Carver in the ITV cop drama back in August 1983 and left in February this year with no plans for him to return.

He is now embarking on a new role in Walford, playing the father of Mickey Miller (Joe Swash).

An insider told DS: "Mickey is going to France to see his sister and gets more than he bargained for when he bumps into his long-lost father, whom he hasn't seen for years."

They added: "It's fantastic to have Mark on board."

A spokeswoman said: "EastEnders can confirm that Mark will be making an appearance this summer playing the role of Mickey's dad."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is becoming quite a pattern... Eddie, Don and now Jim... all characters from the better years of TB joining EE. Interesting.

Looking forward to seeing him in action though - as a long-term TB viewer I can't imagine him as anyone other than Jim :P

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have just heard that Shane Ritchie has been persuaded to stay for another three years! Hurrah! :D They've given him a 1.5 million 'golden handcuffs' deal. :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*Screams*!!!

Gosh, I hope you're not screwing with me!

Woo! :D Can't believe that they managed to drag her exit out for a week though!

Has the fact that Keith isn't Mickey's dad been mentioned on the soap before? I seem to remember it. I agree with Claire though, seeing "Jim" play someone else will be very weird.

" Another 'Bill' star joining 'EastEnders'?

Sunday, June 26 2005, 10:53 BST -- by Daniel Kilkelly

The Bill star Samantha Robson is to join the cast of EastEnders, according to the Sunday Mirror today.

The actress, who is best known for playing WPC Vicky Hagen, will take on the role of a prostitute in a sensational new storyline.

Robson will play Tina Stewart's sister, Rose, who is set to cause trouble from the moment she arrives on Albert Square.

"Bosses are convinced Samantha will be a real hit," an insider explained. "Rose will turn people's lives upside down. She'll also come between her sister Tina and her boyfriend Johnny Allen."

Samantha decided to quit The Bill after three years on the show, commenting, "I wanted to go when I felt I was a formidable commodity

Shane Richie joins Hollywood animation?

Sunday, June 26 2005, 11:53 BST -- by Daniel Kilkelly

Shane Richie has been offered a $1 million deal to star in an animated film about a rat, according to The People today.

The EastEnders actor is set to join Kate Winslet and Hugh Jackman in the Steven Spielberg movie.

A source revealed, "We are convinced he will be a massive hit with American audiences. They'll love his cockney accent and charming mannerisms."

Reports last week claimed that Richie had been offered ?1.5 million to continue with EastEnders for a further three years. However, success in Hollywood has been described as the star's "ultimate goal".

Explosive exit for EastEnder Alfie

Sunday, July 3 2005, 09:39 BST -- by Daniel Kilkelly

EastEnders favourite Alfie Moon will leave Albert Square after getting Little Mo pregnant, according to the Sunday Mirror today.

After finally giving into temptation with Little Mo, the pub landlord eventually decides that his heart belongs to his wife, Kat Slater. However, this happiness is short-lived when Mo discovers that she is carrying Alfie's baby.

"Alfie is totally gobsmacked when he finds out Little Mo is pregnant," an insider told the newspaper. "He just knows that he's the father. The pregnancy is going to be a complete nightmare for her as this will be the second time she'll be expecting a baby that's not Billy's.

"He struggled to accept Little Freddie as his own when she was raped by Graham and it's going to be just as painful for him second time around.

"The storyline is going to rock Albert Square and rip the Slater sisters apart. Alfie ends up leaving Walford in complete turmoil."

Shane Richie, who plays Alfie, is leaving the soap to pursue other roles. The door will be left open for his character to return.

Archived