EastEnders

Ashirr-Leigh

I used to really like Sharon and Dennis, but since they've come back everything they've done seems really forced - the scriptwriters are trying too hard to make work something that does naturally.

Danny and Jake I sometimes like but more often don't. I couldn't shake the thought for months that they seemed more like lovers than brothers, but that's a whole other story.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurrah, my pc is fixed, glad to be back! :D Can't believe Chrissie is going, she was one of the few good new characters they've had in the last year or two. Jake is ok but this Danny stuff is awful. Is he supposed to be on drugs, or is it just bad acting/writing? *Love* Sharon and Dennis, can't wait for next week! I won't say any more. ;)

Afraid I can't agree about Sharon and Dennis, I hate them as a couple. I don't think it works. I love Dennis though and he makes Sharon slightly more bearable. :P

Bad news about Chrissie, I really like her character. I think her and Jake go well together, especially in last night's episode.

I have no idea what's going on with Danny, he just all of a sudden got weird! :unsure: I like Jake though, are they both definately leaving? I want Jake to stay!!

Film role for ex-EastEnder

Saturday, July 9 2005, 12:38 BST -- by Kris Green

Former EastEnder Michelle Ryan - Zoe Slater in the BBC soap - has landed herself her first film role.

The actress - who recently concluded her five-year stint in Albert Square - will be seen next in fresh British comedy film, Cashback.

Michelle will play the part of Suzy, girlfriend to art student Ben Willis. He decides to end their relationship which results in insomnia and, in turn, has a detrimental effect on his health.

The film is scheduled for release next year.

Danny and Jake I sometimes like but more often don't. I couldn't shake the thought for months that they seemed more like lovers than brothers, but that's a whole other story.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol:

Did you see yesterday's episode??? The way Danny was clinging onto Jake's arm in the car and gazing so soulfully into his eyes.......

I know it's easy to say, given Jake Maskall's sexual orientation, but he plays Danny so absurdly camp, it really does look like he has a little thing for his brother. :wink:

What on Earth have they done to the character of Danny? With yesterdays ep, it seemed they were trying to imply that Danny had some kind of mental illness. Whatever it is, there is something definetly not right with that boy.

Actually, I think they were daft to write Danny out. I think they could have done something with him. Because he is very different, they is really a world of directions his character could have gone in. Instead of the silly, wholly unrealistic "ladies" man persona, perhaps they could have had Danny expolring his sexuality?? Or anything really.

It baffles me the way they keep those awful, one dimensional characters like Garry and Minty (the men-behaving-badly routine is so cliched) but chuck out the vaguely interesting ones.

Oh, and of course the horrendous Mitchells are on their way back......this really is the begginning of the end........

(If they put old Witch Windsor back behind the bar I am switching off for good)

I don't know what they're hoping to achieve by bringing back the Mitchells. Perhaps they want old viewers to tune in again but unless they're going to rename it "The Mitchell Show" then I don't think it's going to happen!

I agree about Jake and Danny, they're much better than Garry and Minty. Jake's scene with Chrissie last night was pretty sad.. I like Chrissie. I don't really know why.. she's a murderer and all.. but I just do! I really wanted her and Jake to be together, would have been good I reckon. A couple to rival Kat and Alfie.. if they ever get back together!

I misread the brothers' affection before I even knew he was gay, but you're right, he really doesn't help himself with how camp he comes across on the show.

Last night they were over-playing the "he's just like a child!" thing again. They've not really developed that story, all we've had is Jake saying he's always picking up after him and it all seems like a, 'Of Mice & Men: George and Lenny' relationship. Would have been better if they'd given us more background on it.

I agree, Gary and Minty are awful. They remind me of the kind of pointless characters they have on Coronation Street whose only scenes seem to be in the pub on a lunch break with each other, like Sean. They're totally pointless. And, although he's hardly on it, and because he's hardly on it, Juley??

I don't know what they're hoping to achieve by bringing back the Mitchells. Perhaps they want old viewers to tune in again but unless they're going to rename it "The Mitchell Show" then I don't think it's going to happen!

I agree about Jake and Danny, they're much better than Garry and Minty. Jake's scene with Chrissie last night was pretty sad.. I like Chrissie. I don't really know why.. she's a murderer and all.. but I just do!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have one reason for loving Chrissie: her hair! I want it!

Chrissie's hair reminds me of that twirly pasta. Fusilli, I think it is called. Kinda cool though, and if she ever gets peckish she has a ready snack located on top of her head.

And, although he's hardly on it, and because he's hardly on it, Juley??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Juley has actually left! It was a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment (similar to his role on the show in fact) but he went off to"find himself" or some such. Totally pointless waste of a character. Same with Gus. I can't tell whether he has left or not?

Bringing back the Mitchells is going to be suicide for the show. I'm pretty sure it will be the final nail in the coffin. They are so fixated on the past, they have forgotten the rest of us no longer care. Surely they have learnt their lesson with the Dirty Den disaster???

They should be trying to move the show forward, not delving into the archives for inspiration. And the Mitchells were rubbish, single-faceted characters to begin with. What are they going to do with them now?? Hopefully something that involves a ceramic dog and a Macbeth-style murder plot.

I despair of EastEnders these days. It is unlikely to ever return to it's former glory.

Archived