EastEnders

Ashirr-Leigh

The Mitchells aren't really gangsters, just trouble makers! The whole gangsters thing started to get too much with Dalton, Andy, the return of Den, Johnny, Jake and Danny etc. I don't know about Ross Kemp's contract but I read that his main reason for coming back was that the BBC promised to let him work on some of their other drama programmes, not as an actor but behind the scenes. I doubt they gave him a million pounds - the highest paid stars on the show don't get even half that amount I don't think. I'm not fussed about Grant and especially Phil returning, but I am happy that Peggy is back soon!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Enders door left open for Nigel Harman

Monday, August 29 2005, 15:40 BST -- by Daniel Kilkelly

Dennis Rickman will not be killed off when he leaves Albert Square at the end of the year.

According to the Daily Star, Dennis, played by Nigel Harman, will decide to make a new life for himself in the US.

"As far as I know, Dennis Rickman will be left alive - pending a possible return," one source revealed. "If Nigel does not want to come back, then, after a decent interval, the part could be re-cast."

The insider added, "It will become increasingly apparent that Dennis needs to put the UK behind him."

Yeah I agree with you Liz. As for recasting Dennis, I don't see the point. The character is so popular because people (yes, ok, mostly women) love Nigel Harman. Also I don't think recasts work when the character is part of a well-loved couple. Someone mentioned the possibility of recasting Kirsty in H&A when she wanted to leave, so that KK could stay, but the chemistry would never be the same. I really really hope they don't split Sharon and Dennis up. It would be better if they leave together and Letitia decides not to come back. She's clearly not 100% happy at Eastenders if she wants to keep leaving all the time.

PS. Sam is about to dig up Den...I think I'm gonna puke. Although,Sharon and Dennis are getting married! Bless. :D

And we're mean to believe she's going to get through all that concrete with a pickaxe! :lol:

I think Ride of the Valkyries was a bit OTT though!

Interesting reaction from Sharon:

Ian: They found a body

Sharon: But it's my wedding day!

:lol:

Archived