EastEnders

Ashirr-Leigh

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lacey Turner is also someone else who I think is a very good looking woman, Bradley is a lucky man :D. I just wish Tanya would somehow find out about the affair Max had with Stacey, although saying this, I suppose Stacey would a good telling off from Tanya though. I'm glad Stacey and Bradley have gotten together, they make a lovely couple, much better than Max and Stacey would have, but saying this, Max would never have left his wife anyway.

Totally disgusted at the comment Ian Beale made in tonight episode, refering to billy's family as "a monosyllabic freak show of a family". Totally insensitive to family's with downs syndrome children, i really don't know what the scriptwriters with thinking of with that one :angry:

Totally agree with you mrs baker... ian's rant at Billy was really bad but not anything so unusual as he does have a tendency to be rude like that... but that specific line was so insensitive and very harsh... i was surprised they included it!

Just tacky and not necessary :(:angry:

Totally disgusted at the comment Ian Beale made in tonight episode, refering to billy's family as "a monosyllabic freak show of a family. Totally insensitive to family's with downs syndrome children, i really don't know what the scriptwriters with thinking of with that one :angry:

That is exactly what I thought, I know that Ian and Billy often have these little slangling matches but that was just out of order, insensitive and totally unneccessary. You would have thought the script writers would have picked up on it.

To be honest, it didn't even occur to me that Ian's comment might be offensive. I just assumed he was talking about Phil. I seriously doubt it was intended to include Janet - a one year old is about the only person Ian can't have any issues with! They probably should have put it more tactfully and I expect they got a couple of complaints, but there is such a thing as political correctness gone mad.

Tonights episode was very hard hitting, when those thugs came in to the vic and started smashing it up i actually jumped a few times. I though it was quite violent for pre-watershed.

Poor Honey she has already had enough heartache, i hope she doesn't lose the baby :(

This is actually the first time I've really enjoyed Eastenders since the eps where Rob and May kidnapped Dawn. I only wish they could keep it up - having to watch a lot of average eps for the sake of one or two really good ones is a lot to ask. But yeah, surely the writers won't kill the baby? Enough baby trauma for Honey and Billy already! The woman will have enough baby issues to fill a book.

Although it was quite violent, i'm pleased Eastenders didn't shy away from making it gritty and realistic others it would have looked rubbish on screen. For ages they shyed away from any sort of violence because usually when someone so much as got slapped they got loads of complaints, yet Corrie had fights in the street every week (and i mean EVERY week) and got praised for it. It reminded me why i love this show, they aren't afraid to show the nastier side of life as well as the nice.

Archived