EastEnders

Ashirr-Leigh

I read this in today's Sun,

HOLLYOAKS super-bitch Gemma Bissix is returning to EastEnders- the show that made her name. Gemma,24, first joined the BBC1 soap aged ten to play Clare Tyler, daughter of Debbie Tyler. She then left with stepdad Nigel Bates(Paul Bradley) in 1998 after Debbie was killed in a car crash. Now the blonde is heading back after quitting Channel 4's teen soap, where she recently won a Villian of the Year award as bar boss Clare Cunningham. A sorce said; "Clare goes back to Walford hoping to stay with Dot, who is thrilled to see her. But Clare seems cagey when asked about her stepdad Nigel. She really shakes things up."

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who was the lad then that they showed us to be the stalker? Is is Stephen, ian's son?

As soon as Ian said "No, it can't be!" That's exactly who I thought it was! He hasn't seen Stephen in years. Stephen left years ago because he didn't want to stay with Ian when he found out that he wasn't his real dad!

But when the guy appeared at the door, didn't Ian say 'Tom'? I was watching with my mum and we both looked at each other and said 'Who's Tom?' :unsure:

So who was the lad then that they showed us to be the stalker? Is is Stephen, ian's son?

As soon as Ian said "No, it can't be!" That's exactly who I thought it was! He hasn't seen Stephen in years. Stephen left years ago because he didn't want to stay with Ian when he found out that he wasn't his real dad!

But when the guy appeared at the door, didn't Ian say 'Tom'? I was watching with my mum and we both looked at each other and said 'Who's Tom?' :unsure:

No,he didn't mention a name.

I thought he said Tom too. I'm actually really confused by this, I thought it was going to be his son Steven because of a roumer I'd heard and when he appeared I assumed it was a grown up Steven but then Ian called him something and it didn't sound at all like Steven it sounded like Tom so i'm really confused. :~

I was on the edge of my seat waiting for it to happen then when it did i thought Ian said 'Gavin' and i just thought 'Who the hell is Gavin?', i'd waited all this time for someone i have no recollection of them ever mentioning. Then i was told he said 'It can't be'. I just assume it's Steven, but they've obviously given him a complete body transplant in New Zealand. :blink:

From BBC Eastenders

Gemma Bissix Returns

Wed 19 Sep 2007

Gemma will reprise the role of Clare Bates in the New Year after her stint in Hollyoaks.

Prepare for the return of an old face, as Gemma Bissix returns to Walford in the New Year to reprise her role as Clare Bates . Clare moved to the Square in 1993, with her mum Debbie Tyler . After Debbie's tragic death, she was adopted by her hapless stepdad Nigel Bates . They left Walford for Scotland in 1998.

Drama always followed Clare when she was in Walford, and her return promises no change. Clare comes back to stay with Dot , who is thrilled to see her. But why does Clare behave so strangely when she's asked about Nigel? You'll have to tune in to find out...

Gemma recently won Villain of the Year at the British Soap Awards for her performance as conniving Clare Cunningham in Hollyoaks.

Archived