EastEnders

Ashirr-Leigh

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as i like the fact Yolande and Patrick are getting a storyline (albeit so Sean can have one) but i'm just not interested in them. Patrick's okay somtimes but that's about it and Yolande just annoying as she's so two faced and hypocritical that it's hard to feel any sympathy for her.

It would be nice if one teenager didn't have attitude. Peter is a little like that but he's turning into a mini Ian. Just a normal teenager would do, if only for a bit. :unsure:

I think Lauren seems fairly normal. In last night's ep, for example, she obviously knew that Lucy was being an idiot but at the same time didn't want to betray her mate. That's typical teenager behaviour. Unfortunately she's been very under-used so far, with the writers seeming to prefer Abby (who is a cracking actress, but because she's so realistic at portraying an annoying little brat I find myself disliking her sometimes!) I hope they give Lauren some decent storylines of her own in time.

I like that Abi and Lauren (and even to some extent Lucy and Peter) haven't had one drama after another as i think it can spoil characters to give them too many storylines, but at the same time it ruins them if they are given no storylines at all. They need to find the balance. I like the fact Abi and Lauren still seem innocent and child like as with Eastenders teenagers/kids tend to act like adults from the moment they are given lines, so it makes a nice change to see them squabbling and acting like kids.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't so much mind Carly, Chelsea annoys me more.

Is she leaving then, yeah?

Yeah. Because Phil Daniels (Kevin) chose to leave they've got rid of Carly and Deano as well. Diane Parish (Denise) is going on maternity leave. I have no idea how they are going to explain leaving Chelsea and Libby behind.

I prefer Chelsea to Carly. She's a stuck up little mare but that makes her fun (and she punched Stacey so she's alright by me). Carly just over acts everything and her on screen 'relationships' have all been annoying.

I'm miss Deano (sort of). I still think they could have done more with him. The problem with Eastenders is they get rid of characters far too quickly rather than giving them a chance to become viewers favourites. I'd rather see the back of Jay, Stacey and Preeti.

Yeah, I don't much like Preeti. I think she just comes across really wimpy. I also think that's to do with the other characters too though. They treat her appauling, so bad that it's not even believable. It's just stupid.

What happened to Li? The last time I remember seeing her in it was when she & Mickey split up but what happened to her after that?

I don't know how they'll explain leaving Chelsea and Libby behind either. I take it they'll just stay with Pat? Seems awfully random. Is Denise coming back then if the woman who plays her is only away on maternity leave?

Unfortunately that was the last we saw of Li, she told Mickey to have a nice life and supposedly left Walford. I hoped she'd come back as i loved her and Mickey together. Yeah she was a money hungry, sex mad, bitchy so and so but she was fun and interesting (especially when they made her less one dimensional) and it was just a shame a character with so much potential that could have been the making of Mickey was written out so quickly. I'd have like to have seen a Lickey wedding. :lol:

Denise is coming back after maternity leave. Seems a shame that her and Kevin will ultimately split up as although they aren't my favourite couple, they do suit each other.

As for Preeti, she's just annoying. I know she fancies Mickey and he doesn't fancy her but she's like a little stalker. I prefered her with Bradley (she's more tolerable than Sourface Slater). Plus there is only so far they can go with the goody goody , never say boo to a goose act.

I like Preeti but she needs to toughen up. Her character is too one-dimensional. I'm really not liking the show that much at the moment - Phil's alcoholism has been done to death already, Chelsea, Deano and Sean are all horrible characters, and I can't bear Lucy at all. I literally want to switch over when she comes on screen, particularly in scenes with Ian as he's always annoying. The only things I like are Billy and Honey (more of them please!), the new Mitchell sisters and Dot (lol). The webcam stuff was hilarious.

Archived