Is it true H&A haven't mentioned the death of Morag?

Skylover

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to get involved in this discussion as I have some thoughts of my own but not really keen on someone appointing themselves the "decider" of whether others' opinions (not even opinions, just sharing thoughts) pass the test of being valid and merit response or just dismissal.

This is a poorly frequented fan forum of a relatively obscure (in the scheme of things) tv show. We're not in the Pentagon deciding military tactics that have a global effect on civilization. If someone thinks a tv show character should be killed off or written out because the actor has died, they can think that as much as they like and they are completely valid. 

4 hours ago, Sally Keating said:

If someone thinks a tv show character should be killed off or written out because the actor has died, they can think that as much as they like and they are completely valid. 

Of course they are. It's when people start saying that something must happen and if it doesn't then the show is heartless and they're not going to watch it anymore that it gets a bit questionable. And of course, if you have an opinion, then chances are someone else will have a differing opinion and express it.

3 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

It's when people start saying that something must happen and if it doesn't then the show is heartless and they're not going to watch it anymore that it gets a bit questionable

Says who? The forum rules? Who are we answerable to? We don’t submit our posts for “marking” like handing homework in to the teacher.

If someone feels, in their opinion, that a character MUST be given closure, and if they aren’t then it contributes to a multitude of reasons why they have gone off the show - that’s completely valid

We rarely stop watching a previously liked tv show for a sudden, single reason. It’s usually a build up of all different things contributing to one overall opinion of where the show’s heading. 

If they feel that the lack of closure given to Morag is just the latest in a string of things that have helped them form a specific opinion of their own, I find that completely valid. Open to disagreement of course, but sharing an opposing opinion is entitely different from taking it upon one’s self to verify the validity of someone else’s opinion, rather than just sharing one’s own. 

@Sally Keating agreed.

Tbh I feel that TPTB have completely avoided the topic of Morag by introducing Martha to the series to make periodic returns in hope to fill Morag's void. The last thing we heard about Morag was when Justin was after a lawyer he asked Alf about Morag but he said she was sick and that was earlier this year. I just hope her character gets justice!

16 minutes ago, EndlessSummer said:

@Sally Keating agreed.

Tbh I feel that TPTB have completely avoided the topic of Morag by introducing Martha to the series to make periodic returns in hope to fill Morag's void. The last thing we heard about Morag was when Justin was after a lawyer he asked Alf about Morag but he said she was sick and that was earlier this year. I just hope her character gets justice!

No he said she was out of county and Alf said it beforehand she was sick. 

12 hours ago, Sally Keating said:

If they feel that the lack of closure given to Morag is just the latest in a string of things that have helped them form a specific opinion of their own, I find that completely valid. Open to disagreement of course, but sharing an opposing opinion is entitely different from taking it upon one’s self to verify the validity of someone else’s opinion, rather than just sharing one’s own. 

A fair point. It just feels like it's possible to present an opinion as a fact, to the point that the very title of this thread seems to be based on the assumption that Morag is definitely dead.

4 hours ago, EndlessSummer said:

The last thing we heard about Morag was when Justin was after a lawyer he asked Alf about Morag but he said she was sick and that was earlier this year

I don't remember that? I thought the last mention was back in 2017 (so before Cornelia died) when Justin was after a lawyer for Brody and Alf said Morag was overseas.

4 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

A fair point.

Yes it is, and one that REALLY puts people off posting here sometimes. Especially as it’s by far not exclusive to this thread. 

How about just relaxing and letting people share passing thoughts that don’t have to be perfectly structured, worded and backed up? Isn’t it better to encourage people to post more than consistently beat them down with trivialities, belittling their posts and passive aggressive emojis? 

Other forums that I post on have a sense of fun. Even if you don’t make sense all the time, the mods join in and there’s banter. On here you feel like you’re submitting a post to be marked by a teacher. Mods rarely share their own opinions on things unless it’s to “correct” someone else’s opinion. 

Its not a fun place and I think the dwindling post count backs that up. 

Archived