Is it true H&A haven't mentioned the death of Morag?

Skylover

12 minutes ago, Sally Keating said:

Yes it is, and one that REALLY puts people off posting here sometimes. Especially as it’s by far not exclusive to this thread. 

How about just relaxing and letting people share passing thoughts that don’t have to be perfectly structured, worded and backed up? Isn’t it better to encourage people to post more than consistently beat them down with trivialities, belittling their posts and passive aggressive emojis? 

Other forums that I post on have a sense of fun. Even if you don’t make sense all the time, the mods join in and there’s banter. On here you feel like you’re submitting a post to be marked by a teacher. Mods rarely share their own opinions on things unless it’s to “correct” someone else’s opinion. 

Its not a fun place and I think the dwindling post count backs that up. 

I’m only new but I haven’t seen that at all. Everyone seems very inclusive and interested in people’s opinions.

Mine on the Morag situation? I think she’s much like Marlene Kratz on Neighbours. She shouldn’t have to die onscreen - she can just be a perpetual offscreen presence in Summer Bay.

First post done - yay! ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Sally Keating said:

How about just relaxing and letting people share passing thoughts that don’t have to be perfectly structured, worded and backed up? Isn’t it better to encourage people to post more than consistently beat them down with trivialities, belittling their posts and passive aggressive emojis? 

Well, they'll always be people like that on a forum, and they have as much right to express an opinion as anyone else.The problem only comes when people start saying that the show and anyone else who disagrees with their opinion is wrong.

Of course it doesn't help if people are more interested in saying what they think is wrong with the forum than actually discussing the subject at hand.

1 minute ago, Dag Dog said:

I’m only new but I haven’t seen that at all. Everyone seems very inclusive and interested in people’s opinions.

Mine on the Morag situation? I think she’s much like Marlene Kratz on Neighbours. She shouldn’t have to die onscreen - she can just be a perpetual offscreen presence in Summer Bay.

First post done - yay! ?

Welcome to the forum! Being only new I guess you have nothing to compare it to. Enjoy ??

Just now, Red Ranger 1 said:

The problem only comes when people start saying that the show and anyone else who disagrees with their opinion is wrong.

Well I didn’t see anyone saying that and yet, what I consider to be a problem occurred. 

As to your other point which I didn’t quote - As I said, I WANTED to join in the discussion at hand but felt completely put off doing so, as I do in so many topics, by the attitude on here.

So I felt the right thing to do was bring it up. But I guess I’ve just been “corrected” that that wasn’t the “proper” thing to do in this topic (therein lies the problem), rather than, you know, listen to, be sympathetic and address the problem - which you already agreed was a fair point. 

Ste, agree with you 100%! There is generally no sense of fun permitted on here (for example, you cannot even comment on a character's haridos over time without being accused of criticising an actor's appearance),

I'll never forget in 2006 when someone kindly shared a screen shot of the BTTB staff forum, showing someone who is pretty senior on this website describing me as "sooo annoying" simply because I (and with complete respect my I add) corrected the tenures on a post about which characters lived in which property over time; that same individual then publicly criticised my "Best Ever Villain" nominations in a subsequent year ("given one member's bizarre choices"). Thus, only certain opinions welcomed. Sad to see that little has changed (how timely considering the current international political climate).

1 hour ago, Sally Keating said:

Welcome to the forum! Being only new I guess you have nothing to compare it to. Enjoy ??

Well I didn’t see anyone saying that and yet, what I consider to be a problem occurred. 

As to your other point which I didn’t quote - As I said, I WANTED to join in the discussion at hand but felt completely put off doing so, as I do in so many topics, by the attitude on here.

So I felt the right thing to do was bring it up. But I guess I’ve just been “corrected” that that wasn’t the “proper” thing to do in this topic (therein lies the problem), rather than, you know, listen to, be sympathetic and address the problem - which you already agreed was a fair point. 

5 minutes ago, nenehcherry2 said:

Ste, agree with you 100%! There is generally no sense of fun permitted on here (for example, you cannot even comment on a character's haridos over time without being accused of criticising an actor's appearance),

I'll never forget in 2006 when someone kindly shared a screen shot of the BTTB staff forum, showing someone who is pretty senior on this website describing me as "sooo annoying" simply because I (and with complete respect my I add) corrected the tenures on a post about which characters lived in which property over time; that same individual then publicly criticised my "Best Ever Villain" nominations in a subsequent year ("given one member's bizarre choices"). Thus, only certain opinions welcomed. Sad to see that little has changed (how timely considering the current international political climate).

I'm a bit confused? The only sledging and moaning I see is you guys. And neither of these two posts are to do with Morag? I'm really not sure what's going on here...

But to pull it back to Morag, I wonder whether or not there's a need for the character to be mentioned as having passed away... Really, I don't see any potentially story at this point in time that could come from it except having the mainstays upset for a few weeks...

1 minute ago, Dag Dog said:

I'm a bit confused? The only sledging and moaning I see is you guys. And neither of these two posts are to do with Morag? I'm really not sure what's going on here...

Well, I'll do you all a favour then and leave. Sincere apologies for the 14 years of  confusion, irrelevance, moaning and sledging.

10 hours ago, Sally Keating said:

I'm really, genuinely, not sure what you're referring to. Maybe I was exaggerating a bit in saying that people were dismissing others' opinions, although without naming names there did seem to be one unnecessarily dismissive reply.You'd made a post which I didn't necessarily agree with but it was your opinion and you were entitled to express it.But then out of nowhere you suddenly said, and I quote,"I'd love to get involved in this discussion as I have some thoughts of my own but not really keen on someone appointing themselves the "decider" of whether others' opinions (not even opinions, just sharing thoughts) pass the test of being valid and merit response or just dismissal." I'm not sure how any of the preceding posts (except possibly the one I mentioned) prompted that response. And yet, despite saying you'd like to talk about the topic at hand, you've continued to reiterate that there are problems with the forum that mean you don't feel able to express an opinion on this topic, even though you apparently have no problem expressing this problem in the thread.

I'm probably not helping by continuing to question you about it in the thread, so if you do have a problem with other members I can only suggest you report any posts you find obstructive.

Apologies, everyone else. Please feel free to carry on discussing how you think the show should handle Morag's absence.

On 21/09/2019 at 12:16, Home and Away said:

Maybe it hasn’t been mentioned because Morag isn’t dead...

Just because the actress playing her died shouldn’t automatically mean the character dies.

In this case will we hear that Jesse has also passed away? No.

Really? Comparing Jesse to Morag, really?

On 22/09/2019 at 17:46, Red Ranger 1 said:

Of course they are. It's when people start saying that something must happen and if it doesn't then the show is heartless and they're not going to watch it anymore that it gets a bit questionable

Except it's quite a valid reason when coupled with everything else the show is just so poor now, often unwatchable. With them not acknowledging anything earlier than 2011 unless it's related to Alf or a retcon, I'm not surprised. 

On 23/09/2019 at 13:55, Dag Dog said:

It would be the dire quality of Home and Away if there's less activity here at the moment. The show's never looked so bad.

Archived