Ben Unwin dies at age 41

*dW*

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is so very sad to hear. I did like Jesse in both of his stints. I was surprised to hear that he was 41. So that would have meant he was about 18 when he first started on Home and Away. I didn't realise he was that young. If it was suicide, I hope he's at peace now. RIP Ben. 

1 hour ago, James Martin said:

I had an attempt about two months ago.  I bottled it.  I'm sorry he didn't.

I hope you don't mind, but can I just say that I'm glad you didn't go through with it. Suicide is never the answer. If you ever feel this way again, please contact one of the numbers listed in the article. There is always help out there.

This shocked and saddened me when I saw it earlier. I remember him from his first stint on the show and didn't know he'd returned in the 2000s.

My thoughts go out to his loved ones. It looks like it was suicide and that's very hard to digest for the people around the deceased person. This is yet another reminder about how important it is for people to look after their mental health. And for the rest of us - to be kind to people we meet everyday. We don't always know what's going on in anybody's lives. RIP Ben.

6 hours ago, pembie said:

You can message me if you want I will help you out

Cheers guys.

I was on a motorway bridge.  The idea of it not fully working and me ending up with severe retardation - and then not having the capacity to put me out of an even worse misery - is what pulled me back.

Apols for the politically incorrect language ("retard" regularly got cut by ITV for UK viewers) but yeah we need to talk about this.  It's killing more young men than Cancer.  We have a problem.  In both hemispheres.

Archived