Ben Unwin dies at age 41

*dW*

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/home-and-away-star-ben-unwin-dies-at-age-41-040319514.html

Former Home and Away actor Ben Unwin has tragically passed away at the age of 41.

The Australian star, who played Jesse McGregor on the popular TV soap, died last week.

A NSW police statement to Yahoo Lifestyle said that on August 14: “Police attended Minyon Falls, Whian Whian, responding to a concern for welfare.

“The body of a 41-year-old man was located. The death has not been treated as suspicious.”

Ben famously played Jesse McGregor on Home and Away from 1996–2000 and then 2002–2005.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just reading a news article about it. Such sad news. He was in the era that I watched the show religiously, and I really enjoyed watching him. In NZ, they always have the contact details of lifeline and depression contact numbers in the article if suicide is the cause of death. It was at the end of the article about him. Very, very sad. 

Shocking and very sad news. I always thought there was story left in Jesse, especially whilst Olivia was in the bay, but still with Irene, but with Ben’s career change I thought that wouldn’t happen,  I never expected it not to happen due to this.

I never realised he was playing up as Jesse - he wasn’t much older that Tempany, Kristy or Kate and was younger than Ada, but Jesse was a few years older than Selina, Chloe, Sally & Leah onscreen, or at least seemed it.

I’m sorry that he thought there was no other way.

Very sorry to hear this, he created a memorable character who would have been unlikeable in lesser hands but managed to hold the audience's sympathy despite everything.41 would make him around the same age as his character, whereas the others were playing a few years younger.

Rest in peace.

Archived