Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if there was any closure between Sophie and Karen? If not why?

From what I remember, Sophie and Karen were very close friends. I can't remember exactly what they were like during Karen's later "off the rails" stages though. Sophie was gone for a few weeks after David's death so Karen was arrested and gone before Sophie returned to the bay. I remember Sophie was very angry at anyone who was slightly responsible or kept her away from David (so I'm assuming she wouldn't be happy with the person who actually killed David haha). But even on rewatch I don't think there were any special scenes where Sophie reflected on her best friend killing David or her thoughts on Karen. They certainly never met in person afterwards.

We then had Karen return 2 years later but Sophie had left for Perth just beforehand. It seemed almost planned that Sophie and Karen weren't going to cross paths again because Sophie's departure and Karen's return were so close together. We once again never got any closure or any thoughts from either of the girls. They could have even had Karen reflect on killing her best friend's boyfriend.

We then had Blake and Sophie become a couple years later. Was Sophie and Karen's situation ever brought up now they are in-laws? Unless Blake and Karen went their separate ways, the two girls had to have crossed paths at some point.

It seems strange that the show never delved deeply into Sophie and Karen's relationship. It almost seemed deliberately ignored.

You've pretty much summed it up. The show deliberately avoided showing Sophie and Karen together after David's death, and even though Blake mentioned Karen in 2002 there's no mention of how she and Sophie would react to each other.We did get to see Sophie's reaction to the news on her return in 1991 and we did see her learn about Karen's sentence: She seemed to be expecting her to get let off with a slap on the wrist (which a few other people had predicted), then when she's told Karen got 3 years (not that she served anywhere near that) she seems momentarily thrown then says something like "Good, she deserves it", albeit with a slight lack of conviction.

I feel like they were hoping Rebekah Elmalogolu was going to stick around a few weeks more precisely to get closure with Karen - but I guess Rebekah was ready to leave immediately. I could almost have seen Sophie sticking round at least half the year, perhaps Dale's death prompting her to want to reconnect with Tamara and move to Perth...

I feel like they deliberately waited until Rebekah had gone before bringing Karen back.They must have known months in advance when her contract ran out and it wouldn't have been much trouble to bring Belinda back a few weeks early.They obviously didn't want to do it.It didn't fit the storyline of "Karen comes back worse than ever and causes trouble until Blake agrees to leave with her" anyway: What closure would they have been? Sophie yelling at her a bit while she just shrugs her shoulders? Karen giving a fake apology and then smirking once Sophie's gone?

Friends,

I have a quick question..well its research for my fan fiction.

Why did Roo return to Summer Bay? 

Was there any mention of a boyfriend/husband while she was in the United States? 

Thanks in advance 

On January 27, 2018 at 17:57, Homeandawayfan. said:

We have now passed 26 Jan 2018, which was 30 years since Celia first appeared. Next month is 30 years since the best guestie ever, Alison Patterson first appeared.

Haha!

She currently has a storyline in My Fanfic, I really like her.

intetesting that the actress disappeared after Home and Away 

Well, what mostly prompted Roo's return was that she needed to get money to Martha, who was on the run from the police with her boyfriend, but her life in the States seemed to have gone belly up: She'd been running a PR firm that seemed to have gone into financial troubles and had been seeing a married man, Tim Graham, who turned up about two years later having left his wife trying to win her back.

11 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Well, what mostly prompted Roo's return was that she needed to get money to Martha, who was on the run from the police with her boyfriend, but her life in the States seemed to have gone belly up: She'd been running a PR firm that seemed to have gone into financial troubles and had been seeing a married man, Tim Graham, who turned up about two years later having left his wife trying to win her back.

"but her life in the States seemed to have gone belly up: She'd been running a PR firm that seemed to have gone into financial troubles and had been seeing a married man, Tim Graham,"

Thanks, I didn't know this. Interesting as this is the outline I was going with for the fan fiction lol

Realistically, Soph and Kaz should have had a slanging match/pullapart catfight on the beach, which is broken up by Adam/Roxy/Luke/Nick/whoever happened walking past.

Then a two-hander exorcising the ghosts in Summer Bay house, bit of yelling and some crying then eventually hugging it out.

Buuuut that not how it went

Archived