Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

Don't think they did. 

All that was heard of Frank in 1990  was

1) He was unable to get home for Tom's funeral

2) Him filing for divorce, Bobby signed off on the papers

I watched this episode recently. He wanted to come but Pippa said no, just send flowers. I recall Bobby looking sad when Alf asked her if she had Frank's details in New York. Odd question, he could've called Roo.

I assume the divorce papers happened before Bobby signed up for the dating agency? 

Did Sally leave before or after Roo's return? If after, did they have much of a relationship? 

2yrs Before Roo came back. They crossed paths in 2013 when Sal came back with Pippa Jr. (Her and Flynn's daughter, via Surrogacy from Leah) to try and raise money for her treatment, they laid the ghosts to rest. Roo brought up the incident where Sal all of 10 had a right go at her over the Frank/Bobby marital collapse collapse. Don't think they had much of a relationship. The only person outside of the family in the opening few years Sal had a strong friendship with was  Lance, which was an innocent mini-crush which  would be taken outta context by today's SJWs! :D And at stretch, the McPhees.

7 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

2yrs Before Roo came back. They crossed paths in 2013 when Sal came back with Pippa Jr. (Her and Flynn's daughter, via Surrogacy from Leah) to try and raise money for her treatment, they laid the ghosts to rest. Roo brought up the incident where Sal all of 10 had a right go at her over the Frank/Bobby marital collapse collapse. Don't think they had much of a relationship. The only person outside of the family in the opening few years Sal had a strong friendship with was  Lance, which was an innocent mini-crush which  would be taken outta context by today's SJWs! :D And at stretch, the McPhees.

? Wow...I'm surprised the producers actually did this. I wasn't expecting there to be a continuity of that storyline. Sally really loved Bobby and Frank together however it was a but disappointing that she wasn't very upset or attended Bobby's funeral.

What happened to Mr Samuels and his short...shorts? 

Lance and Sally was cute, did they stay in touch? 

Leah is the actress from Heartbreak high? Why was she a surrogate? 

Yes. He came back for Sal's 21st also the non-Wedding to Kieran (where he and Marty got riproaringly s***faced the night before the wedding, poor sod couldn't keep his brekkie down! :lol: and also comforted Sal in the aftermath) and the Wedding-Wedding to Flynn. He also turned up during the Mirgini disaster, Pippa Jr's Christening. Most storyines involved Lance returning for Colleen be it him falling out with his Mrs Debbie or whenever Colleen fell ill or even to star in her Nativity play (2006 finale where Sal is stabbed by Rocco Cooper, whose brother Johnny would stab her again 14 months later to get the job done properly! Ironically, both Cooper boys died)

Last of out of Lance was he, Debbie and their daughter Maggie moved from Townsville, QLD to Las Vegas, NV and invited Colleen to join them in 2012.

Jeff took off back to the City after Gary's SuiScare prank on Carly on him (the one which saw him take a flying header off jump rock only to have a fishing Alf witness it) backfired. Gary had done the same to Philip and Stacey before. After Gary's funeral, Jeff made amends with everyone his brother ripped off by refunding them before leaving.

58 minutes ago, Summer's Bay said:

I understand your point however the role Melissa played in Home and Away is not comparable to anything second place. I believe she received a Logie for the significant role she played. I doubt very much that any anybody who received an Oscar, Grammy, Emmy, Tony or even an athlete receiving an Olympic medal would be annoyed about being asked about an achievement  that got them recognized as one of the elite amongst their peers as well as the impact they had on lives of the many fans and followers who support them.  I'm sure it wouldn't hurt her to briefly acknowledge Home and Away.

I responded but it didn't upload for some reason.  I'll try again....

She's over 40 now how long does she need to acknowledge work she did 20 years ago? In real life a 3 year job, 20 years ago wouldn't go on her resume now or talk about it in a job interview.  Would she have had her career without home and away? Given the H&A Alumni that fail and the success stories without H&A - Probably.

She won 3 logies - New Talent and Best Actress for H&A and Outstanding actress for the Slap. The first 2 are based on popularity, the Outstanding one is based on talent and is industry voted - to use your words "recognized as one of the elite amongst their peers" If I were an actor that would I would be most proud of - the one saying I'm good at acting rather than the one saying I played a popular character...

20 minutes ago, Summer's Bay said:

? Wow...I'm surprised the producers actually did this. I wasn't expecting there to be a continuity of that storyline. Sally really loved Bobby and Frank together however it was a but disappointing that she wasn't very upset or attended Bobby's funeral.

What happened to Mr Samuels and his short...shorts? 

Lance and Sally was cute, did they stay in touch? 

Leah is the actress from Heartbreak high? Why was she a surrogate? 

Sophie returned in 2002-03 and offered to be a surrogate as Sal was discover to have had had ovarian cancer in 2001 (Carly paid a visit during that arc). Sophie also discovered around the time she was Preggers w/ Blake's baby (they got together again during the Mirgini disaster and had an on-off thing for the next few years until getting engaged in 2005) , Unfortunately the baby Soph was carrying for Sal and Flynn died, but hers and Blake's survived and was born on Sal and Flynn's wedding day (Had a boy and named him after the man she lost her virginity to).

So Leah (yes, her from Heartbreak High and currently going into her 18th year on the show) was the next choice after plans with an old school friend of Sal's fell through. Leah struggled with the handover at first (breastfeeding Pip Jr, much to Sal's chagrin) and this whole thing did for her relationship to Jesse McGregor but she was able to do so in the end. There was so much drama involved in that, and a mild Fleah moment (i.e. she and the good doctor locked lips for a minute) 

19 minutes ago, harrietjames said:

I responded but it didn't upload for some reason.  I'll try again....

She's over 40 now how long does she need to acknowledge work she did 20 years ago? In real life a 3 year job, 20 years ago wouldn't go on her resume now or talk about it in a job interview.  Would she have had her career without home and away? Given the H&A Alumni that fail and the success stories without H&A - Probably.

She won 3 logies - New Talent and Best Actress for H&A and Outstanding actress for the Slap. The first 2 are based on popularity, the Outstanding one is based on talent and is industry voted - to use your words "recognized as one of the elite amongst their peers" If I were an actor that would I would be most proud of - the one saying I'm good at acting rather than the one saying I played a popular character...

I don't think it's fair to minimize the first two logies. Let us not forget that without a fan base, relating to fans to even be successful and good enough for Home and Away producers to continue to invest in her, Melissa wouldn't be were she is right now and it really is a kick in the teeth to forget that. Alex Papps is on TV pretty much daily and touring with Playschool, Home and Away seems like a lifetime ago, yet the few interviews I've heard he is still very grateful for having that opportunity and doesn't appear to be a hindrance to talk about it.

I say all this to say that if Melissa played an insignificant role in Home and Away, I would understand the reluctance to keep taking about it but she didn't and even though I didn't watch her on Home and Away, I feel it is an insult for her fans who grow up identifying with her character.

Is it just me or are there similarities between Angel and Jodie from heartbreak high? Aside from that, Melissa and Abi do look alike. 

8 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

Sophie returned in 2002-03 and offered to be a surrogate as Sal was discover to have had had ovarian cancer in 2001 (Carly paid a visit during that arc). Sophie also discovered around the time she was Preggers w/ Blake's baby (they got together again during the Mirgini disaster and had an on-off thing for the next few years until getting engaged in 2005) , Unfortunately the baby Soph was carrying for Sal and Flynn died, but hers and Blake's survived and was born on Sal and Flynn's wedding day (Had a boy and named him after the man she lost her virginity to).

So Leah (yes, her from Heartbreak High and currently going into her 18th year on the show) was the next choice after plans with an old school friend of Sal's fell through. Leah struggled with the handover at first (breastfeeding Pip Jr, much to Sal's chagrin) and this whole thing did for her relationship to Jesse McGregor but she was able to do so in the end. There was so much drama involved in that, and a mild Fleah moment (i.e. she and the good doctor locked lips for a minute) 

? Mike from Neighbours? 

I just watched the scenes of Roo and Sally you referenced earlier. 

1- I'm sorry, I don't like Georgie Parker as Roo

2- How did Sally know that Roo is Roo?

3- Has Roo every really apologized?

4- Who owns the diner? 

Melissa by the end of her stint was at SECOND billing. And that's quite a journey from LAST when she was added to the opening!

6 minutes ago, Summer's Bay said:

I don't think it's fair to minimize the first two logies. Let us not forget that without a fan base, relating to fans to even be successful and good enough for Home and Away producers to continue to invest in her, Melissa wouldn't be were she is right now and it really is a kick in the teeth to forget that. Alex Papps is on TV pretty much daily and touring with Playschool, Home and Away seems like a lifetime ago, yet the few interviews I've heard he is still very grateful for having that opportunity and doesn't appear to be a hindrance to talk about it.

I say all this to say that if Melissa played an insignificant role in Home and Away, I would understand the reluctance to keep taking about it but she didn't and even though I didn't watch her on Home and Away, I feel it is an insult for her fans who grow up identifying with her character.

? Mike from Neighbours? 

I just watched the scenes of Roo and Sally you referenced earlier. 

1- I'm sorry, I don't like Georgie Parker as Roo

2- How did Sally know that Roo is Roo?

3- Has Roo every really apologized?

4- Who owns the diner? 

Yes, Sophie called the baby David (Needless to say David's mother, Mary was pretty happy about that and was mentioned as frequently on hand to help Soph with him)

Sal keeps regular contact with Alf who would have told her that his daughter was living the house that Sal grew up in.

Irene and Leah own the diner, previously Roman Harris owned 1/3 . He brought Leah's original share in 2007 in Diner V2 (Beachside)  when she prepared to pack up and join Dan in the U.S. but after Dan's death in an off-screen abseiling accident, that fell through and decided to run her own business, the Den inside of the building that the current diner occupies. Den folded, Irene, Roman and Leah decided to go into business together. Roman put up his share for sale when he wound up military prison for shooting a member of his troop.

And as said, it's not like they DIDN'T ask Justine to come back as, Something else was always in the way!

4 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Melissa by the end of her stint was at SECOND billing. And that's quite a journey from LAST when she was added to the opening!

Yes, Sophie called the baby David (Needless to say David's mother, Mary was pretty happy about that and was mentioned as frequently on hand to help Soph with him)

Sal keeps regular contact with Alf who would have told her that his daughter was living the house that Sal grew up in.

Irene and Leah own the diner, previously Roman Harris owned 1/3 . He brought Leah's original share in 2007 in Diner V2 (Beachside)  when she prepared to pack up and join Dan in the U.S. but after Dan's death in an off-screen abseiling accident, that fell through and decided to run her own business, the Den inside of the building that the current diner occupies. Den folded, Irene, Roman and Leah decided to go into business together. Roman put up his share for sale when he wound up military prison for shooting a member of his troop.

And as said, it's not like they DIDN'T ask Justine to come back as, Something else was always in the way!

Its a shame that I dont know who these people are in the bold :unsure:

I watched a recent interview where Justine said she had a hard time with the response she got from the public when she played Roo. I think she doesn't want to go back based on that. 

I read Donald's daughter came back to Home and Away, did she acknowledge Bobby's passing? Did she return and get back with Steven if he was around?

In addition to what I said above about Roo and Sally, I can imagine over the years Alf telling Roo how well Sally is doing while Roo is yet to get it together with her life....maybe jealous ? 

Are are the Home and Away writers obsessed with cremations? Alan, Bobby and Ailsa...only Kerry Barlow got buried,? 

Archived