Hello! I'm new here and would like some help with some unanswered questions :)

Summer's Bay

Yes, Alan has a son named Seb who turned up in 2001 with his  mother Anna, who was dying of cancer. She told him about meeting Alan at a party, then consequently falling pregnant with Seb. This storyline popped up when On the Crest of the Wave ended up on the Syllabus for Year 9 after YR12 studied it two years earlier (When the issue of the sale of the film rights came up). Seb started off hating Don's guts but they quickly built up a bond. Seb himself was left back due to literacy problems.

Alf had a fling with Vivienne "The Guv" Standish  (played by Maggie Kilpatrick who had a turn as Jean Chambers a decade earlier) in the 60s and she gave birth to a son named Owen, adopted by Marion and Marian Dalby (You can't make this s*** up, though he writers did), Owen later got married to a woman named Maggie and had a son named Ric who he beat the holy hell out of until Ric fought back one day, leading to Owen's death of a heartache (Ric suspected he'd killed him). Sometime later, Alf married Martha Baldivis (who appeared in flashbacks to Bobby's origins and the Modern Martha is named after) and they had Roo (b.1970) and lived in Summer Bay House until 1985 when Martha Sr. drowned. Either before or after, Alf was drafted and had an fling  with Mary Jackson, resulting in Quinn (her son Ryder popped up in Friday's UK ep). And lastly Duncan is from his marriage to Ailsa, as you know.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Yes, Alan has a son named Seb who turned up in 2001 with his  mother Anna, who was dying of cancer. She told him about meeting Alan at a party, then consequently falling pregnant with Seb. This storyline popped up when On the Crest of the Wave ended up on the Syllabus for Year 9 after YR12 studied it two years earlier (When the issue of the sale of the film rights came up). Seb started off hating Don's guts but they quickly built up a bond. Seb himself was left back due to literacy problems.

Alf had a fling with Vivienne "The Guv" Standish  (played by Maggie Kilpatrick who had a turn as Jean Chambers a decade earlier) in the 60s and she gave birth to a son named Owen, adopted by Marion and Marian Dalby (You can't make this s*** up, though he writers did), Owen later got married to a woman named Maggie and had a son named Ric who he beat the holy hell out of until Ric fought back one day, leading to Owen's death of a heartache (Ric suspected he'd killed him). Sometime later, Alf married Martha Baldivis (who appeared in flashbacks to Bobby's origins and the Modern Martha is named after) and they had Roo (b.1970) and lived in Summer Bay House until 1985 when Martha Sr. drowned. Either before or after, Alf was drafted and had an fling  with Mary Jackson, resulting in Quinn (her son Ryder popped up in Friday's UK ep). And lastly Duncan is from his marriage to Ailsa, as you know.

How random! Did Alan/Barbara know? 

By the way, I noticed that Bobby drove the same yellow car that Alan drove to take her to the city to go and look for Ailsa.

Alan died not knowing and I think Barbara may have eventually known (Don probably told Rebecca, his only surviving child, who probably told her).

The casting was kinda decent as Mitch Firth had the look of Simon Kay/Bossell (Alan) about him, so was believable as Alan's son.

1 hour ago, CaptainHulk said:

Alan died not knowing and I think Barbara may have eventually known (Don probably told Rebecca, his only surviving child, who probably told her).

The casting was kinda decent as Mitch Firth had the look of Simon Kay/Bossell (Alan) about him, so was believable as Alan's son.

What an odd storyline.

i read an article that said Bobby named her baby Tom Frank Simpson. The same article said Frank was the father...so I'm not sure I  believe this. 

What is Martin doing these days? 

Did Brett Macklin return before or after Roo came back? 

I found the the handsome  Brett Macklin on Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/GerrySont

Gerry and his wife currently own a theatre company. 

I find it interesting that a lot of Australian actors tend to do theatre than act

7 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

What an odd storyline.

i read an article that said Bobby named her baby Tom Frank Simpson. The same article said Frank was the father...so I'm not sure I  believe this. 

What is Martin doing these days? 

Did Brett Macklin return before or after Roo came back? 

I found the the handsome  Brett Macklin on Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/GerrySont

Gerry and his wife currently own a theatre company. 

I find it interesting that a lot of Australian actors tend to do theatre than act

Before, he returned in 2005 when Martha got into contact with him as he was her father and was romantically involved with Josie. He had plans for a resort and was dodgy and was arrested

On 11/19/2017 at 03:29, Homeandawayfan. said:

Melissa George seems to be shot away now and has forgotten what made her so famous. I shall always see her as Angel. I have seen her other shows since then and still expect Shane to appear in the scene lol.

Melissa and Dieter apparently did not get on well off set.

I understand where she's coming from - it's not so much that she has forgotten, it that there's other stuff. If you found a cancer cure and were being interviewed about it, would you want to talk about the time at high school when got second place in a French poetry competition? It's part of your journey, but not relevant to the reason you're being interviewed. You want to talk about cancer research....

46 minutes ago, harrietjames said:

I understand where she's coming from - it's not so much that she has forgotten, it that there's other stuff. If you found a cancer cure and were being interviewed about it, would you want to talk about the time at high school when got second place in a French poetry competition? It's part of your journey, but not relevant to the reason you're being interviewed. You want to talk about cancer research....

I understand your point however the role Melissa played in Home and Away is not comparable to anything second place. I believe she received a Logie for the significant role she played. I doubt very much that any anybody who received an Oscar, Grammy, Emmy, Tony or even an athlete receiving an Olympic medal would be annoyed about being asked about an achievement  that got them recognized as one of the elite amongst their peers as well as the impact they had on lives of the many fans and followers who support them.  I'm sure it wouldn't hurt her to briefly acknowledge Home and Away. 

1 hour ago, CaptainHulk said:

The article was obviously wrong, Frank was on the other side of the pacific at the time unless he was Superman lol:lol:

Hope this helps about Martin/Craig

http://craigthomsonlive.com/index.php/biography

Did the producers acknowledge Bobby's one year anniversary to Frank? I know on the anniversary to Greg, he told Bobby about his affair.

Annoying that Pippa encouraged Bobby to forgive Greg for cheating but was upset that Bobby was thinking about going back to Frank. Sorry Pip but that is hypocrisy considering Frank didn't have anything going on with Roo while he was married. For some reason I think Vanessa's Pippa would've encouraged Bobby to go to Frank. 

Glad to see Craig doing well. 

Archived