General Chat

Krazy Karl

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

I'm just back to say hellooo...some of you might remember me but probably quite a few who won't, as there seems to be thousands of newbies since I was around here, which is great to see! I'm bttb-rox, or Lauren, and I was last on here in 2009 serving as a Mod. I left the forum as I was so busy at the time with other projects and felt it would be best to leave while the going was good!

So much has changed...the biggest change is that I'm now married (less than 2 months ago) and I now live in Cornwall (used to be Essex)! Those of you who knew me back in the day knew that my aim was to move to Aus. Well, while me and my lovely husband John would both love to visit one day, we are very happy living in Cornwall and I've found my home here in the beautiful South West, so things turned out very differently but happily different :D. I'm now self-employed & in the early stages of setting up my own business as an IT tutor, delivering computer lessons in the local area. I did study hairdressing at college in the end & worked in a salon for a while but moved to Cornwall and found it difficult to secure work in the trade here, so decided to take this route, which I'm very excited and passionate about. And next week my brother moves to Cornwall as he has found work here & has seen how well things have gone here for me, so I'm over the moon to have him on his way to Kernow ;). Home&Away wise, I'm not really keeping up with the show anymore sadly as it's gone downhill in the last couple of yrs and nearly all my favourites are now gone, but I do dip in and out of episodes as I probably always will and like to keep up to date with how the show's doing and the cast. I don't think I'll ever be able to separate myself fully :D.

So anyway, it's great to see the forum thriving and I hope all my old forum buddies are keeping really well! :D It is a 'hello and goodbye' so I won't be sticking around but I may well stick my head in to see how things are going, as there are still a few I remember from all those years ago now :D xxx

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, i'm just here to say goodbye.
I can't see myself continuing to watch Home and Away with the way it's been going, so that being said I no longer require this forum.
Home and Away is getting worse and worse with every week that goes by. I think it's for the best that I stop watching the show now and just remember it for what it was like between 2001 - 2011.
I was hanging in there because of Romigo and I quite liked the Walkers. But now Romeo and Indi are both gone and so are Dex and Sid. & the only Walker left is the one that I can't stand anymore.

I was going to keep watching for this

Harvey storyline and Irene storyline

coming up but when I look at it in the long term, let's be honest H&A never

commit to injuries

for the long term, and this

Harvey "gone weird" storyline

will just be made out to be a complete joke. That's another reason i'm leaving, looking at this Casey injury storyline gone by, it was an absolute joke(!) how quick it was for him to recover, and that's what seems to happen with every injury/storyline on this show.

The only thing Home and Away seem to commit to for the long term is making the characters show off their bodies. :/

Here's my Twitter & YouTube, for anyone who wants to keep in contact with me or see my further videos, but other than that I won't be around.

I'll probably check into the show every couple of months or so. So I might come back in the future, but at this point I can't see that happening.

So that was my rant and goodbye....

Bye guys.

Another who is switching off! It's becoming more frequent.

I gave up last year and haven't looked back. It's not the show I once loved and I'm with you on the hot body image the show promotes. It's disgusting but Channel 7 are convinced that it will buy them more viewers and make them more money. An interview with Coral Drouyn on this very site will confirm this!

Maybe the show will get better again. :)

• 2 weeks later...