Olivia Fraser Richards - Raechelle Banno

10 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

It's really is a shame that Olivia hasn't connected the show to the past in any shape or form and now she is leaving. 

She really may as well have been a any new character instead of the daughter of Chloe and Lachie. 

In the ariticle on this site about her leaving there is a picture of them as a family. The writers have made no effort to equate the two together. 

All she'll be remembered for is a half heart abuse story and her relationship with Hunter 

She hasn’t mentioned her grandma Diana, not even once!. 

It could be interesting seeing Diana again but I think Olivia would have soon told Diana where to go and sent her packing.  

I loved seeing Morag vs Diana in 2005, it was like Morag was faeing her past evil self. 

10 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

It's really is a shame that Olivia hasn't connected the show to the past in any shape or form and now she is leaving. 

She really may as well have been a any new character instead of the daughter of Chloe and Lachie. 

In the ariticle on this site about her leaving there is a picture of them as a family. The writers have made no effort to equate the two together. 

All she'll be remembered for is a half heart abuse story and her relationship with Hunter 

I think it's a shame that we didn't see Diana Fraser again. The final time we saw her was in 2005 when she told Irene, "You haven't seen the last of me", when in actual fact, that was the last we saw of her. Knowing Diana, she would have done what she could to get back in Olivia's life when she returned to Summer Bay. But there was sadly nothing.

Exactly, also max Richard would have probably have wanted to see his grand daughter now out of jail. Another potential storyline. 

Also mentioned before was her to face Jesse. All tricky I know due to getting the actors. 

I would have been happy though with just a bit more in the script. Say Marilyn, telling Olivia a few bits about her mum etc. 

Or when hunter and olivia got a place together Irene could have said "I remember when your mum and dad moved into their first place together". Just little things like that. 

20 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

I completely agree, I think that Olivia's going to be a forgotten character in the long run

• 8 months later...

I loved Olivia as she had some great storylines - the Tabitha stuff and self-harming/abuse - Raechelle did a fantastic job with both of them.

I will say I started to dislike her a bit towards the end. I felt the cheating (especially to further/keep her career - she spent so long being determined to do it all herself and not ask for help) was kind of out of character for her, and the way she reacted afterwards, basically ignoring everyone's advice because she didn't want to 'hurt' Hunter...I mean we saw how upset she got when Hunter disappeared and kissed that girl after Charlotte was found dead. I would've preferred them to break up organically - like Olivia realising she wanted to move to Melbourne on her own to focus fully on herself/her career, and encouraging Hunter to stay in uni and not give up his own dreams for her.

On 10/08/2018 at 04:10, Jamie! said:

I think it's a shame that we didn't see Diana Fraser again. The final time we saw her was in 2005 when she told Irene, "You haven't seen the last of me", when in actual fact, that was the last we saw of her. Knowing Diana, she would have done what she could to get back in Olivia's life when she returned to Summer Bay. But there was sadly nothing.

It would of been interesting to see Diana come back. She most likely would of thought Hunter wasnt good enough for Olivia just like how she never thought Chloe wasnt good enough for Lachie. Olivia would of definitely stood up to het about that. Olivia definitely had a backbone unlike her father. I just wish they hadnt ruined Olivia by having her cheat on Hunter and then lying to him about it.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I recently watched the episode where James returns and Olivia goes to live with him.  Had Chloe actually stated in the will that James would get custody of Olivia in the event of her death?  Or was it just Chloe stated that Diana wasn't allowed custody?  I'm also wondering why James didn't ring and mention the will to the mediator when the custody battle for Olivia was happening.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/12/2020 at 22:41, Chair said:

I recently watched the episode where James returns and Olivia goes to live with him.  Had Chloe actually stated in the will that James would get custody of Olivia in the event of her death?  Or was it just Chloe stated that Diana wasn't allowed custody?  I'm also wondering why James didn't ring and mention the will to the mediator when the custody battle for Olivia was happening.

James was the executor of Chloe's will, so he was legally bound to exercise Chloe's wishes.

I cannot recall why he didn't get involved sooner and clarify why Diana wasn't entitled to custody because this had overridden any outcome in the mediation process between Diana and Irene.

It was expressly stated in Chloe's will that Diana was not to get custody of Olivia under any circumstances if she was to pass away before Olivia turned 16.

I would assume that Chloe stated in the will that James would get custody though it wasn't expressly stated. James was the only other close blood relative of Olivia other than Diana or Max (her father who was in jail) that we were aware of.

If James didn't want to take on Olivia, there's every chance Irene could have gained custody in that circumstance.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't watch the show when Olivia was in it (started watching when the Brody/Simone affair was exposed).   I read that Olivia was a fun, complex, divisive character and that she was friends with Ziggy too.

She should pop back to see Ziggy if they're still in touch and get familiar with the bay again.