Olivia Fraser Richards - Raechelle Banno

On April 2, 2016 at 0:02 PM, Blaxland 89 said:

A great story now to help us connect this Olivia to previous incarnations is to have a return of Jesse and having him have to confront her regarding her mothers death. If Ben Unwin would be willing to take some time off his day job to film. I wouldn't want Jesse recast. 

It's a great shout that one return I'd love to see it would be great for him to have a guest role maybe one from Prison where Olivia visit's him inside maybe with Irene going along for support.

• Like 2

On 02/04/2016 at 0:02 PM, Blaxland 89 said:

A great story now to help us connect this Olivia to previous incarnations is to have a return of Jesse and having him have to confront her regarding her mothers death. If Ben Unwin would be willing to take some time off his day job to film. I wouldn't want Jesse recast. 

That would be great. Alf and Irene still  wanting to pretty much kill him, Leah and Marilyn genuinely feeling sorry for him.  Olivia being torn but then seeing his remorse as Chloe was one of his friends (sort of like Adam/Bobby, only diff Adam wasn't tanked up in that boat crash and his life wasn't completely going to s****)

• 1 month later...

Not got that far in the UK yet, we've just had the Claire storyline where I found Olivia very unlikable and, while I could see why, wished she hadn't been forgiven so easily. It could be the making of her, I am hoping for a turning point with the character but every time we see a different side to her it doesn't seem to last very long.

On 14 May 2016 at 6:26 AM, Red Ranger 1 said:

Not got that far in the UK yet, we've just had the Claire storyline where I found Olivia very unlikable and, while I could see why, wished she hadn't been forgiven so easily. It could be the making of her, I am hoping for a turning point with the character but every time we see a different side to her it doesn't seem to last very long.

I didn't like her very much with the Claire storyline either, but honestly I feel like she grew up a lot after that. (Hope I didn't spoil much for you! I forgot that some people don't live in Australia or New Zealand! )

I go through periods of liking her and hating her because of her bad attitude and rudeness. Spoilers for UK:

Spoiler

Regarding the abortion storyline, I think Raechelle is a very talented actress who did the storyline justice. I liked the detail they went into but it just felt so rushed. Everything happened so quickly which in the end had little impact for me. I'm glad it's not being forgotten about but i don't know why it was so rushed. 

• Like 2

I've made no secret of the fact that she's one of my favourites, she has been getting on my nerves recently though...

Possible UK spoilers(Im not sure where you guys are at.)

Spoiler

Her double standards regarding Tank and Hunter make me want to claw her eyes out.Hunter himself has been trying to point it out to her but she won't listen.I'm really not sure how setting a house full of people on fire is any better then what Tank did.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Not sure if the abortion storyline's over in the UK or not.She had the abortion, spent one episode cutting herself, then disappeared for a week after which she seems to be back to normal.Anyway, it was a bit by the numbers.The silent (!) abortion protestors were pretty much an exercise in box ticking rather than an attempt to explore the issue, Neighbours did it more realistically back in the 90s even if they did then have the girl change her mind.Haven't seen any sign of her growing up either, the whole point seemed to be that she's too young, stupid and selfish to be a parent, so thank goodness a child's been spared that.She wasn't even very likable during the storyline, spending all of it being a cow towards Skye, the friend that she never deserved.People were quick to jump on Skye for throwing the abortion in her face but frankly I cheered.Skye at that point had merely befriended a guy who'd been in jail and was trying to be better. Olivia sleeps with and gets pregnant by a guy who's done just as bad stuff and hasn't paid for any of it (partly because Olivia's covering for him) and she thinks Skye's the stupid one? She deserves that comment and more.And the reveal of just how young she is (barely legal, and about 2-4 years younger than she should be, meaning she's apparently now younger than VJ despite being born before his parents even met) makes her jumping into bed with a boy she's known a few weeks and dated a few days even more messed up. Honestly, there is nothing about her and Hunter that isn't inappropriate.

At first she reminded me of Ruby at her worst, with her obsessive belief that she's the most important person in Saint Hunter's life and that his mother dying should be all about her. But I'm slowly realising she's something worse. She's another Phoebe: Completely self-obsessed, views the world entirely from the point of how it affects her, lazy and self-entitled, occasionally does something for someone else but it never lasts, and has no reason for being in Summer Bay but for some reason she's not leaving. It's reached the point where I just don't care about her, not that she was abused, not the self-harming, those big eyes filling with tears has ceased to have any impact because I know it's only a matter of time before I hate her again. Maybe if they'd paired her with VJ (officially the only nice teenage boy on the show now they've killed Oscar) and she'd had someone to take the edge off her she might have worked. But pairing her with Hunter, a sleazy character even more awful than her for whom sleeping with her and then skipping town and making out with another girl is one of the least jerky things he's done, has pretty much killed her stone dead. She should have been left in the past where she belonged instead of being turned into this.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

In all honesty, I sometimes do wish that they had left Olivia as she was, but that Raechelle had come on and played a different character (that is still similar to Olivia; just not with the history and relations that she has). I feel like because she's a past character that was brought back, people tend to hate her because they feel like an older character they loved or knew as someone different is ruined. 

• Like 2