Darryl 'Brax' Braxton - Steve Peacocke

dncllpyk

The only fitting departure for Brax is jail. My wish is that they could bring Angelo back as a witness for the police and justice authorities and the storyline about the drug farm, and all the other crimes that Brax has done should come back and "bite him". That would have been a good ending and also good continuity, because the storyline about Brax has been full of holes.

I really don't hope they kill him off, because then it will be a wave of sympathy like when Charlie, Flynn, Jack and Belle died, and Brax don't really deserve that. And with all his brothers gone, there will be no point in killing him off. He has no real contact outside his family, besides Ricky and even if they try suddenly to change that it will not work. It had to be done from the beginning like with Heath.

To be honest, if one of the brothers should have died, it should have been Heath... Because that would have caused the most grief among the other charachers since he is the only Braxton who hasn't been isolated from the community, but has had a lot of contact with Irene and others. And he is the Braxton character who has gone through the most personally, so it would have been more emotional.

My wish is that they could bring Angelo back as a witness for the police and justice authorities and the storyline about the drug farm, and all the other crimes that Brax has done should come back and "bite him". That would have been a good ending and also good continuity, because the storyline about Brax has been full of holes.

The police would probably have questions for Angelo himself, considering he withheld information and evidence from them regarding Brax and Heath's criminal activity in order to bribe Brax for money. So I don't think he would be wanting to admit to that any time soon! By the time Brax leaves the show it would have been close to four years since he was involved in the drug crops. Why would they want to rehash it again now? Heath has a much more recent history of drug dealing because he continued long after Brax walked away and even that feels like ancient history! Brax's entry storyline has certainly not defined his time on the show in my opinion - it was just one of many examples of the lengths he would go to for his family.

To be honest, if one of the brothers should have died, it should have been Heath... Because that would have caused the most grief among the other charachers since he is the only Braxton who hasn't been isolated from the community, but has had a lot of contact with Irene and others. And he is the Braxton character who has gone through the most personally, so it would have been more emotional.

Once again I have to disagree. The only Braxton who I believe has been relatively isolated from the community is Kyle, while the rest of the boys have been involved in everything. But if there is one Braxton who has the most current connections to people in Summer Bay it is without a doubt Casey. Heath had quite a bit to do with the Walkers and of course the Scott sisters, but they are all long gone. The only person left who Heath is friendly with outside of his family is Irene. Whereas Casey is linked to just about everyone. On top of his own family he is related to the Barrett boys, works with Andy and Spencer, is dating Denny (who he "stole" off Chris) who lives with Hannah, Evie and Oscar, was mentored by Zac for a period, lived with him and was his original link to the Bay, he dated Sasha and remains friendly with her, he had a thing with Maddy and lived at the Caravan Park which put him in close contact with Roo and Alf, he is very close to John and Jett, I could go on. The only person I can think of with no link to Casey is Sophie.

Casey's death will rock the entire town!

Edited by Dan F
Spoiler tags added
  • Like 2

I think Casey is the right brother to kill off given how close Brax is too him plus many of the other characters in the town. Casey's death will hit Brax hard. Harder than Charlie's did I didn't really think the aftermath over her death for Brax was that good. I only really felt sorry for Ruby. I just can't see why Brax would stick around in town after losing two close people too him.

I do agree that he should end up in jail when he leaves though.

Edited by Dan F
Spoiler tags added

Him going to jail will be sad but realistic if that is the direction Brax goes.

I don't think he will be killed off.

I don't know if Dan did say all of this will definitely happen but in TV Week he said one of the brothers would be killed off (Casey), one would leave to follow a girl (Heath), one would leave for a job (I'm going to say Brax) and the other brother stays in the Bay (I'm going to say Kyle).

Edited by Dan F
Spoiler tags added

I think that Dan said that as a joke, but a lot of people took that seriously. Actors (especially one leaving) don't know that much in advance - I think that was just his opinion about endings. I also can't see Brax leaving because of job opportunity.

I hope when the time comes for Brax's exit that it isn't jail. Yes

Casey's death

will hit him hard and he'll be a mess but it will be really disappointing for me if history repeats itself with a jail storyline. If it is that, it will seem like the writers didn't know what else to do with his character so took the easy option. And Brax, as a character, has developed more than that - the writers can come up with something better surely. Explosive yes, but not jail or death. Please!

Edited by Dan F
Spoiler tags added
  • Like 1

And Brax, as a character, has developed more than that - the writers can come up with something better surely. Explosive yes, but not jail or death. Please!

I think we have agree on disagree. :)

Brax hasn't developed that much. And too much has been forgotten about when it comes to this character, he is still a kind of psychopath, two faced character. The writers have always let the others take the blame and Brax play the victim or the hero when Brax has been the leader and taken the bad decisions. And he has never had any progress like Kane for instance. There have been a lot of bad boy characters that development have been thrown away by their departure storyline (Kane, Jesse +++), but Brax isn't that kind of character. Not at all.

If they had thrown all the progress Heath has done it would have been wrong, just as the situations with many other characters in the past.

I have always thought that Brax is just a copy of his father. He is only much smarter, and two faced. They have all a bit of Danny in them in the way they are treating each other and their ladies. Their ladies are never going to be fully included in their activities, they are just like a pet or hobby for them. Just like Danny and Barrets father did their crimes, and their women never really knew what they were going to do. We have seen the Braxtons brother doing a lot of things and put their activities and their brotherhood first. And Brax is always the leader of this kind of activity. He was quick to push Charlie, Natalie and Ricky aside when something showed up. And that is not how it works. When you are in a relationship the lady and the kids have to come first.

The exception is Heath, who has tried to become a real man.

With regard to too much being forgotten about Brax and Heath being a 'real man', who started most of the trouble that Brax had to clear up?

Heath was the one who smashed Hammers car which resulted in Stu Hendersons tattoo being cut off.

Heath was the one who took some of Jake's drugs which resulted in Brax being stabbed

Heath was the one who raided Jake's plantation and Brax had to get police involved to save him from being shot

Heath was the one who told on Jake to get shorter sentence which resulted in Hammer kidnapping Charlie, she shot him to save Brax and Jake shot her for that so ultimately Heath had a hand in that too;

It was Heath that got their father out of jail which resulted in Casey being involved in a armed robbery and killing Danny

The above are probably not in the correct order and I expect there are other things I have omitted, Brax is no angel by a long way but he is certainly no psychopath either. It seems that just because Heath has suddenly become a 'family man' he is forgiven everything, even been given a happy exit from the show.

In the beginning Brax was quite ruthless OK, but most of the things he has done have been to sort out problems caused by his brothers and Mother and to keep the family together. He has put his family first and done what ever it has taken to protect them, even if it wasn't always the right side of the law but is crucified for doing so.

• Like 1