Channel 5 Transmission Discussion/Updates

630si

True. It's all just up in the air and watch this space. The 6pm to 7pm slot has been filled with some trash. What I can't remember lol. Houses in the garden or something. 

Why is Home and Away having a mid season finale this year in OZ? Sports? 

Oh, commonwealth games. 

On 18/07/2022 at 18:55, CaptainHulk said:

Yeah but where would it go in the UK? . ITV wouldn't touch it again and the Beeb would insist some CHANGES (ones a lot people wouldn'tkike(. C4 but even they're picky.

As for Channel 5 themselves, As long as it involves the four Bs, Benefits, Baliffs, Burglars and Battering rams, they DON'T care about anything else. 

4 hours ago, James Martin said:

Also confirmed is that the evening showing isn't going back to 6pm.

I get the impression Ben Frow wants shot of Home & Away, but can't get rid of it entirely on the main channel.  I suppose it fills half an hour at lunchtime and it's cheap fodder for 5 Star.

Got it in a nutshell and he's currently got his spin doctors doing everything possible to paint him as the heavy-hearted hero instead of the mercenary. Take the timing slot, it will confuse people and the viewing may well drop off...enter fake-tear Frow 'Sadly, due to this unforeseen downturn...blah blah blah, moving to streaming, need to save money' but that is precisely what he's hoping will happen and he's orchestrating it as we speak, as you can see.

He basically wants to target an older audience, and isn't bothered about the youth demo.  Hence he's killed off Big Brother, killed off Neighbours and is effectively managing the decline of Home & Away by parking it when the target audience are at work or school!

On 21/07/2022 at 18:13, Foellfan said:

Got it in a nutshell and he's currently got his spin doctors doing everything possible to paint him as the heavy-hearted hero instead of the mercenary. Take the timing slot, it will confuse people and the viewing may well drop off...enter fake-tear Frow 'Sadly, due to this unforeseen downturn...blah blah blah, moving to streaming, need to save money' but that is precisely what he's hoping will happen and he's orchestrating it as we speak, as you can see.

Ben Frow sees himself as Todd trying to hold on to Glen. I see him as Diana pushing Paul.

On 20/07/2022 at 20:44, ter06 said:

Five have announced H&A will move to the 1.45pm slot once Neighbours ends. 

I wonder if this will affect the ratings? I'm personally disappointed by the timeslot change as I always was able to watch H&A during my lunchtime. This won't be possible in the later timeslot. I will of course record it and watch it later, but I would have been happier if it had stayed where it was.

On 18/07/2022 at 18:55, CaptainHulk said:

Yeah but where would it go in the UK? . ITV wouldn't touch it again and the Beeb would insist some CHANGES (ones a lot people wouldn'tkike(. C4 but even they're picky.

Channel 5 are probably stuck with it now, thanks to the "lifetime of the series" deal. I bet they regret that now. I can't see any of the mainstream UK channels picking up H&A if somehow Channel 5 could terminate the contract.

If no one was willing to buy Neighbours, I think it's even less likely someone would buy H&A. However as the cost of buying the series is much less than Neighbours was, it is possible it could be picked up by another channel or streaming service if the price was right. Indeed if it was cheap enough Ch5 may be happy to have it in a graveyard slot on 5Star. Plus if viewing figures fall further, Ch5 may be able to renegotiate a cheaper deal, since the series would be providing smaller returns.

On 21/07/2022 at 21:34, Foellfan said:

That I highly doubt...I think he wants a certain class of viewer, either to give them delusions of grandeur or exploit them but just my humble opinion.

He's NEVER going to get it on *that* "channel". C5 is Television's equivalent of the Sun