Channel 5 Transmission Discussion/Updates

630si

I am not sure if Neighbours’ disappearance and Home and Away’s new lunchtime timeslot will make much of a difference to the show’s ratings. I’m sure there will be a few new viewers seeking a replacement for Neighbours, but it’s just as likely that some viewers may just have watched H&A as a lead-in for Neighbours.

if H&A ratings do receive a boost, it would be interesting to see if it holds onto those viewers in 2 or 3 months time. 

• 2 weeks later...

Have the ratings been published yet for Home and Away’s new afternoon time slot? Can’t find anything 

Edit: found them. Highest rated episode came in at no 30 on Channel 5’s ratings with 384,000 and a 13% audience share 

Edited by ter06
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/08/2022 at 09:10, jan09 said:

Only just noticed 5Star now showing H&A omnibus on Saturday mornings, around 8 am.  Don't remember this being announced.

Amazing news. However sneaky ?. But I do love a visit to the bay on a saturday morning 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, James Martin said:

Were today's episodes affected by the news, either here or in Australia?

Not as of yet. The news broke at 6:30 as first look was going out as normal on 5star. 

Expect disruption tomorrow. 

Australia will only just be Waking to the news. 

After the EPG gave Home and Away an hour slot first thing, today's Channel 5 showing has now been pulled from the schedules.5Star remains unchanged at present, with the episode that would have been shown today and the following one still scheduled from 6pm.

At present, the following episode is still listed for Monday.That's probably going to change, rather than an episode remaining unbroadcast on Channel 5. (Ideally, they'd show two episodes on Monday to keep the blocks intact.(After all, no Neighbours these days!)If we do get out of synch by an episode, at least it'll only be for three months this time...)

#FirstWorldProblems

Yep, that episode has gone out on 5 Star only.  Is it available to stream as this normally only happens after an episode has been on Channel 5.

EDIT: Yes, the episode due to TX today is on My5 - I'd wager it won't air on Channel 5.

EDIT again: really surprised it won't get an HD airing - it's the Commonwealth Games cliffhanger!

Edited by James Martin